PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 16231 times)

Pete Hughes Mac

Re: FA Trophy
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 03:27:03 PM »

I bet Terry Fearns  is rubbing his hands with a trip back to Southport.

Underdogs?  No...your manager thinks that you should be embarassed to beatne by teams like us don't forget.  We are massive underdogs.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 03:38:27 PM »

Tough - but very winnable. Probably the worst team I have seen at ML this season in the league.

Love it underdogs again, and again your so confident that it will be a stroll in the apark.  you may be suprised

Where has anyone mentioned the game being a stroll in the park?

Is it a winnable game for us?

Of course it is, most of the home games we play can be considered winnable. We have the sixth best home record in the league. Also you probably have been the worst side to come to Moss Lane this season.

I suggest if either side has to revise their opinion of the other it's Tamworth; Cooper obviously thinks you are the superior side yet his record at Moss Lane is played two lost two.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »

Love it underdogs again, and again your so confident that it will be a stroll in the apark.  you may be suprised

Sorry but I thought it was a stroll in the park last game at Moss Lane  ;)

Wonder if you will show some "Pride, Passion or belief" or just bring the flag instead of actually showing it , thats on and off the pitch ?

It won't be easy and not saying we will win but we should think its winnable for the following reasons

a) We are at Home (You are poor away and we are good at home)
b) We have beaten you without breaking sweat this season at home
c) We are a head of you in the league.
d) You have never beaten us at Moss Lane
e) We have only lost to you once in 4 games

IF we were playing at the Lamb I would not be happy with the draw but at Moss Lane I think I have every right to feel that we COULD get somehting out of the game.

So i think educated people would agree that the game is winnable for the reasons mentioned
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:53:45 PM by gazwarrington »

TFC ON TOUR

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 03:54:08 PM »

Wonder if you will show some "Pride, Passion or belief" or just bring the flag instead of actually showing it , thats on and off the pitch ?

It won't be easy and not saying we will win but we should think its winnable for the following reasons

IF we were playing at the Lamb I would not be happy with the draw but at Moss Lane I think I have every right to feel that we COULD get somehting out of the game.

So i think educated people would agree that the game is winnable for the reasons mentioned

At least our flag was better than that pathetic effort of a flag  that came out for 5 minutes.

Beleive me we will be showing PRIDE PASSION AND BELIEF ON AND OF THE PITCH.

Our form has improved and we will get out of the drop zone im sure not that far but enough to survive

markecky

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

The most pride, passion and belief I saw was from  the lad who was rolling  it up with 10 minutes to go.

I trust we will also be shaving 300 off the crowd like Tamworth did in the FA Cup.  Only seems fair to me.  We need to redress the balance with that dodgy gate split.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 04:02:10 PM »

At least our flag was better than that pathetic effort of a flag  that came out for 5 minutes.

Beleive me we will be showing PRIDE PASSION AND BELIEF ON AND OF THE PITCH.

Our form has improved and we will get out of the drop zone im sure not that far but enough to survive

Have the conference started awarding points to teams for how good their flags are now? No doubt that will be Cooper's next appeal to the hearts of the conference board. "Please give us a few extra points, our flags are by far the best".

Mark Cooper is an absolute "DIME BAR".

As for my predicition, I think it will be a draw at Moss Lane and the replay will go to penalties.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:57 PM »

Ohh Your flags bigger than our flag ... hand bags at the ready .. 10 paces ....

Your league away form.
LLLDLDWLLL
So one away win in the league and that was on 9th Sept and 3 straight away defeats is good form ? jesus we're title contenders  ;D

Ok so you have had an away win at Burton and 3 home wins v Harrogate (FAC) , Sutton Coldfield and Stafford as well (local Cups).

PRIDE PASSION AND BELIEF ON AND OF(F) THE PITCH.
Do you only show it for cup games then ?

The point was that we were being heckled for saying its winnable, when quite clearly IT IS. We didn't say we would win but that its certainly winnable.

I believe Mark Cooper has asked if he can have an extra few days to buy a flag as he didn't plan a head for it.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 04:14:42 PM »

Mark Cooper is an absolute "DIME BAR".

Crunch on the outside smooooth on the inside? i like armandillos!!!!!!!

Hugh Cooper

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 05:02:29 PM »

Alty drawn at home? What's going on?!

Against Tamworth aswell would you believe. My inner pessimist has to agree with the Tamworth fan and say a draw at Moss Lane, and lose the replay.

Don't worry though, we will be massively up for this, especially after last season (on and off the pitch :) ), Heathcote was absolutey fuming after our cup exit at Rushden and won't let the players take this anything other than seriously I'm sure.

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 06:16:04 PM »

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/friend06.htm

might want to update this to show it is a home game.

I cant wait to see that flag again. Pride Passion and Belief - omg lets look at the facts:-

1) Rolled the flag up 10 mins before the end.
2) No Pride
3) No passion
4) No believe
5) No fans
6) No singing

All adds up to MUPPETS!!!!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 06:38:32 PM »

Good and frankly long overdue home draw. If we play to our capabilities we SHOULD beat them, here's hoping.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 03:14:09 AM »

Maybe the Shed Choir will turn up to this one, that is instead of just sending their flag along.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

moousee

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »

http://www.tamworthfans.co.uk/Forum2/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1833

its almost depressing to see such a disagreeable bunch of fans, except for the knowlege that it will harm their team. what a dreadful mentality

Andy K TFC

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 09:47:47 AM »

Just curious to knw how you lot are playing at the moment ahead of next weekend's trophy game ?

Although in our last two league games we have lost, away at Oxford 2-1 and Away at Crawley yesterday 1-0 (crawley 1 shot which was a penalty they scored from) we seem to be playing quite well, much better than the way we played at your place earlier in the season.

I think it could be a good game.

Did you deserve to lose at Kidderminster yesterday?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »

How are we playing at the moment? Hmm ::)

Can't comment on yesterday sgame at Kiddy as didn't go but we seem to have improved in that we pass the ball a lot more abnd are combative in midfield and rose/munroe at the back have been quite good. However, we keep giving away sloppy goals and can't nail down a win at all at the moment, I think it's possible we may only win once away from home all season really. I still think the assault on Colin Little that put him out for 9 games is the reason that we're not mid table but there you go.

I think the trophy game could be a secretly good one, more fool teams that don't take the trophy seriously I say. Only 8 or 9 teams cna realistically be more concerned with the playoffs than the Trophy the rest of us should embrace. It's a cracking competition and once the final is back at Wembley it really will be something to go for. Imagine the buzz of seeing us at New Wembley.

I presme that Tamworth will put in a better showing in thia game, when you came to Moss Lane we were all bemused as to why you were so bad seriously, and you do seem to have a bit of a cup thing going at the moment. Altho I dislike  certainpeople connected with Tamworth that is an excellent achievement. Perhaps Cooper only motivates himself and hios team when theirs a bit of glory involved I don't know.

My gut feeling is that the Norwich game may be on your players minds and we'll capitalise on it, poss 2-0 altho God knows at teh moment
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy