PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Today's match thread  (Read 20184 times)

Longman

Re: Today's match thread
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »

Couldn't make the game yesterday as I was at a wedding.

It sounds like we were woeful, ala Kiddy away.  All very depressing really.  Lewes is now a MUST win game, we have to start taking points at home against teams who will finish in the bottom half!

How many did we have there yesterday by the way?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's match thread
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »

Pretty fair comments Chodovski, I agree.

I'd say we had around the usual 100 for a SE game, but muted noise wise yesterday. We are well known for being loud away. People are clearly pi$$ed off and TBH its a while since I've heard as much dissent from the stand. Got in about 5 mins late following the superb ales at Our Mutual Friend up the road to be greeted by "Who will save you this season" by a steward. My immediate thoughts were shut it  but bit my tongue as I wanted to actually see the game. On reflection, perhaps the bloke was right. 21st......Grays in bother. Jeez, not again.

Yesterday was my first game this season. I don't get to many due to living in Surrey and work/family etc, but I did expect better. In fairness though Stevenage, love em or hate em, are good, professional, and not one of the teams we expect to get to and do something. All this crisis stuff is really due to expectations following some decent signings and a change in our style of play. We should have done better against the lower/ new BSP sides.

For my money Stevenage have started badly but I'd hazard a guess they'll be play off contenders. A couple of wins for us starting against Lewes should install some confidence hopefully. We can't afford to be full time and proud of it I am as I want my club to outlive me.

PS sorry if some think this is the wrong thread for this but there are so many to choose from!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread