PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You can't argue with the facts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: You can't argue with the facts  (Read 15475 times)

Alty365

Re: You can't argue with the facts
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

1. Who would take over for GH

Frankly, this well-worn "argument" for keeping GH bores me now.

There are lots of managers who are capable of moving this team forward and getting results. GH is not the great footballing messiah which some people seem to think he is. Try to understand that and then this club might just start to move forward!

Garveys Brother

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »

OK believe who you want but this still doesn't change the fact that you want to get rid of the manger without thinking about the quesions I have talked about.

Alty365

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »

OK believe who you want but this still doesn't change the fact that you want to get rid of the manger without thinking about the quesions I have talked about.

I couldn't have made a more balanced post at the top of this thread if I tried. You are just a sycophantic Heathcote lover who is putting the needs of one man before the good of the club. You need to seriously ask where your priorities lie.

Garveys Brother

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 08:21:18 PM »

I'm not saying GH is the best manager this club has had, I'm saying we need to sort out who could take over and whether, if we change manger this season, the new manager could keep us up this season. I do agree with what you said about the performances and I'm sick of it. But my priorities are that if we do sack GH that we don't end up signing a manger who can't do better than GH this season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »

as i have said alty fans have been unbelieveably patient and it doesnt happen at other clubs

markecky

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 08:27:13 PM »

That must have been them being polite the because apart from 15 mins at the start of the second half where we managed more than two passes, we were defending constantly.

Your over exagerating, we had at least 2 chances in the middle of the 1st half and 2 more in the first half, if wed taken them it would have been 4-3 to alty

4-3 to Alty...are you taking the piss?

Elam went clean through and shot wide, Denham had one saved or blocked at the far end.  I can remember no other attacks I am afraid of any note.   

Please don't make me relive it!

Garveys Brother

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 08:32:44 PM »

I'm tired of people saying I think of GH as the best manager, put pressure on the board, make them sack him. Get a new manager and then we can see if a fresh staert is what we needed.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »

If every chance yesterday was put away we may very well have scored 4 but unfortunately if they'd put all their's away they would have had sored 14 - and I was there

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

I'm tired of people saying I think of GH as the best manager, put pressure on the board, make them sack him. Get a new manager and then we can see if a fresh staert is what we needed.

You can't live life that way though.

You must make the best decisions you can based on the evidence available. Nobody possesses the ability to see into the future but there is no shortage of capable people who could step in and turn things around. Sticking by a failing manager because the replacement might also fail (always a possibility) would be immeasurably stupid.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »

you only have to visit the lewes message board to see how other clubs openly want to sack the manager athough the circumstances  there are probably different.

Garveys Brother

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »

You might think I was being sarcastic but I was not. I don't think GH cn stay here forever and I think his end MIGHT be near. I just want to make sure we don't be too hasty and end up getting a manger who cannot do any better.

Alty365

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »

I just want to make sure we don't be too hasty and end up getting a manger who cannot do any better.

See my previous reply

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »

"too hasty"

:D

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »

here's a fact. no manager has retained his job after three successive relegations.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »

Has any club who have changed thier manager actually known that the replacement was going to be better?  No, but they had the balls to go for it and that's exactly what we should do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You can't argue with the facts