PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You can't argue with the facts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You can't argue with the facts  (Read 15493 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: You can't argue with the facts
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »

Hugh, when did we 'come good' last season? Seriously.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »

More crap I spotted in your post, 365. The pattern of the las two years... speaking of which, we had all this crap last season, when we had 3 points from ten before we came good. This season, 9 points (probably) from 10, in the same situation with a lot of new players (and injury trouble). Get a grip son.

Erm our home record was atrocious up to Christmas last season, awful !! I would hardly say we came 'good'

Alty365

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 07:29:48 PM »

More crap I spotted in your post, 365. The pattern of the las two years... speaking of which, we had all this crap last season, when we had 3 points from ten before we came good. This season, 9 points (probably) from 10, in the same situation with a lot of new players (and injury trouble). Get a grip son.

How you, of all people, can accuse me of posting crap I just do not know!

Stickm to arse-licking the man who's all set to take us down for the third year in a row!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »

Why are you assuming we'll beat Lewes?? I don't think we're in any position to be so confident/arrogant as to think it will be so easy!

FFS  ::)

Alty Phil

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 09:49:02 PM »

Ultimately, the football for the last 2-3 seasons hasn't been good enough to keep us up on the pitch. Save all the bollocks about running our club properly, I'm talking about using the players you have and MANAGING them, getting them to gel as a team and play good - and if not attractive at least winning - football. We can't even 'win ugly'.

If anyone can name me another club that would accept the performances we have for the last couple of seasons then I'm all ears.

In the end, most managers don't last more than a few years, even when they stay mid-table. We need someone new to come in with fresh ideas and to give the players (apart from Denham, Stu and Robbie) a kick up the arse. Maybe it's all become a bit too comfortable for GH because he knows he isn't going to be sacked.

wonderstuff

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 03:39:07 AM »

I like 365's original post that started this thread, and I totally agree. I am no fan of GH. I posted something some weeks ago and the response I got was a lot of angry fans basically telling me I was stupid for suggesting GH consider stepping down.

This Saturday, against Lewes, I am going to get behind the team 100%, and that includes GH. It would be extremely arrogant of me to just assume Alty will win easily, but I do expect it to be a game where Alty come away with all 3 points in the bag. I hope this is one game where GH will use the 'new' signings properly, get the win, then build on the confidence that the (hopeful) win will give them.

Could this be the game that marks a turn around in fortune?

COME ON ALTY!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:45:11 AM by wonderstuff »

VofD

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »

I like 365's original post that started this thread, and I totally agree. I am no fan of GH. I posted something some weeks ago and the response I got was a lot of angry fans basically telling me I was stupid for suggesting GH consider stepping down.

This Saturday, against Lewes, I am going to get behind the team 100%, and that includes GH. It would be extremely arrogant of me to just assume Alty will win easily, but I do expect it to be a game where Alty come away with all 3 points in the bag. I hope this is one game where GH will use the 'new' signings properly, get the win, then build on the confidence that the (hopeful) win will give them.

Could this be the game that marks a turn around in fortune?

COME ON ALTY!!

NO

bighairedmike

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »

why not?

VofD

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 09:59:40 AM »

why not?
Because Lewes will see this as an opportunity for a rare away win, and will be well up for it.In view of our current form and appaling home record, I think we will struggle against possibly the poorest team in the league. No wins are guaranteed in football, as we all know.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 10:02:25 AM »

Dont you worry sweetie Alty will beat Lewes at home EASY and the whole world will be rosy again  ;)

VofD

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »

Dont you worry sweetie Alty will beat Lewes at home EASY and the whole world will be rosy again  ;)
Certainly hope so.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »

The best case scenario is entirely possible.

A lowly Vauxhall Motors in the CSC with the pressure off gives us a confidence boosting win with a couple of overdure goals, in Saturday for once a team that's supposed to be in disarray (Lewes, not us) will actually turn out to be as bad as suggested (instead of turning the corner the week before we play  them a la Kiddy, Stevenage) and a 3-0 win eases the pressure.

Bouyed by this we have a go at Mansfield on Tuesday who fail to overcome their travle sickness to date and it's 3 more points setting us up for a good performance (regardless of result) in front of the tv cameras at Rushden.

Thus giving everyone a little bit of breathing space.

RocketDan

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »

The best case scenario is entirely possible.

The 43 fans who turn up watch as we are completely outclassed tonight. Knocked out of this tinpot cup, Heathcote who spent most of the match arguing with the 4th official over a throw in, hands in his resignation. Matt Le Tissier, who happens to be sat in the stands walks down and takes over as manager, he gets tony yeboah in as his number 2. Both players sensing something needs to be done register themselves. This injection of flare from the legendary players sends shockwaves across conference we go on a 14 match unbeaten run.

Alex

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

and if this happens could you please pick some lotto number for me

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »

Not quite sure what a couple of mid table, not good enough for international football ex premier league has beens is really going to do for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You can't argue with the facts