PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 promotion of the club
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: promotion of the club  (Read 11883 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
promotion of the club
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:06:43 AM »

Frank sidebottom apparentlhy wanted to come down to the club to do some filming this week for granada soccer nite, no i know how much people dislike the guy on here but surely this would heve been a good thing to get cameras at the ground and to get the club albeit and sidebottom some airtime on a tv show which attracts local fans who may off the back of it think 'hey xyz are playing away today i'll go down and see alty cos i saw em on soccernite on thursday' i dunno but this is my thinking behind it, a bad move because if it gets mentioned on the show that we 'refused entry' or something along those lines it could actually turn out to be quite damaging for us,

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: promotion of the club
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:24:37 AM »

Frank sidebottom apparentlhy wanted to come down to the club to do some filming this week for granada soccer nite, no i know how much people dislike the guy on here but surely this would heve been a good thing to get cameras at the ground and to get the club albeit and sidebottom some airtime on a tv show which attracts local fans who may off the back of it think 'hey xyz are playing away today i'll go down and see alty cos i saw em on soccernite on thursday' i dunno but this is my thinking behind it, a bad move because if it gets mentioned on the show that we 'refused entry' or something along those lines it could actually turn out to be quite damaging for us,

What happened? Was it something he just thought of doing or did he actually come down and we got all flouncy?

In my opinion, we need all the (good) publicity we can get.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:19:23 AM »

he ended up filming in stamford park after the club said no i dunno the full details

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »

Very odd.

Cheers :)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »

Understand where you're coming from but the bloke has a rack record of hijacking any show and making the club look ridiculous in the process. Perhaps someone at the club checked out the script first?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »

Would be good to know the reasons for the decision though, as has already been mentioned this could be a case of gun accidentally going off whilst pointing at foot.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:02:31 PM »

How about the fact he swans around the place on FA Cup games without permission from the club and makes the club look daft. Wonder how many times he has entered Moss Lane and paid ? also how many times has he done something for the club and not his own ego ?

I'm 100% not interested in the tw*t.

And Statto ... Well don't get me started on him ....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

Gary,

Have to agree 100% with your summary.

This club has been plagued by far too many freeloaders over the years.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:45 PM »

How about the fact he swans around the place on FA Cup games without permission from the club and makes the club look daft. Wonder how many times he has entered Moss Lane and paid ? also how many times has he done something for the club and not his own ego ?

How often did he swan about and when did he last do it? If I remember correctly he's not been down since the Darlington game and i'm pretty sure he was invited because he went round the pitch. The TV footage that day was stuff that was probably nearly ten years old.

As for Statto, I read in the Evening Newsthis week that he is a devoted United fan.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 12:19:32 AM »

we f**ked him off..... good! end of!

Jez

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:32 AM »

Exactly...last seen at Darlo match swanning around the pitch and had to be removed.

Not seen since.....until of course we got back into the conference and he decides he wants his career back on track.

Where was he when we were losing to Ashton Utd????????

In the Metro news he is asked who he supports and he says "City!"...and then remembers "oh yeah and Alty, comeon Alty"

I'd much rather raise the profile of the club by having an elvis evening with marcus hallows.

And it pi$$es me off when folk demand to know answers using phrases like "it may be a case of letting off the gun while it's pointing at our feet".....I'm sure Geof Goodwin and co know what they are doing...are some not confident?

teasybeaver

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 02:40:42 PM »

I just don't see why we need him at the moment? He won't raise the clubs profile, and the majority of people are agreed that if anything he makes us look daft. I think in terms of fame or profile we're bigger than him and doing well as we are. He needs us way more than we need him!

The darlo footage made us look like we're living in the past and thats not the case by a long shot!

As for statto, he just made a fool of himself with his whole alty fan facade!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »

You miss the point entirely. I don't personally give two hoots what you think about the reasons or any other fan for that matter. I also have the same opinion of the two mentioned individuals, but that is not relevant.

It would be good to know the club's reasons for not doing this. If they had been given an overview of what was going to be broadcast and deemed it to be of no worth then fair enough.

Sometimes you have to cosy up to people you don't necessarily like or have any respect for if it is for the greater good. I would hate to think that this decision resulted in negative publicity, because the Club would have to have had VERY good reasons for refusing if that was the case.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

teasybeaver

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »

You miss the point entirely. I don't personally give two hoots what you think about the reasons or any other fan for that matter. I also have the same opinion of the two mentioned individuals, but that is not relevant.

This is a forum, if your that uninterested why did you post a response. Its up for discussion thats why its a topic.

Don't you think that the club has done a tremendous job of looking after itself in recent times? Of course our opinion is relevant, why would the club feel that much differently to how the fans do? Frank is the past, Alty has a future with or without him, I'm quite happy to leave it up to the club.

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with opinions from people because thats what you get on here. I personally love it when people totally disagree with me or say something i hate, it breeds a bit of passion for all things Alty!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »

It would be good to know the club's reasons for not doing this. If they had been given an overview of what was going to be broadcast and deemed it to be of no worth then fair enough.

Sometimes you have to cosy up to people you don't necessarily like or have any respect for if it is for the greater good. I would hate to think that this decision resulted in negative publicity, because the Club would have to have had VERY good reasons for refusing if that was the case.

this was my reasoning for the innitial post, if we are made to come off in a bad light tonight on soccernite it might not have been a smart move, in any buisness you have to put up with the wankers to succeed end of!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 promotion of the club