PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 promotion of the club
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: promotion of the club  (Read 11868 times)

Hugh Cooper

Re: promotion of the club
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »

By the agreed standard, then, of "he should have been at Ashton United", who would you give as an example of an ideal celebrity fan of a small club below Conference Premier level?

Personally I would be quite happy to have United and City fans through the gate on a Saturday on such occasions when and for reasons that suit them, as long as it does no harm to  thee club. If Frank Sidebottom has done harm to the club it begs the question where would we be now without his malign influence? Chasing a play-off place maybe?

For the reasons above, that is why I would not consider it a good idea to sing songs like "Cantona eats garlic" for example. (Mind you does stuff like that do Stockport any harm I wonder?)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »

Stockport? ::)

Anyway thta Cantona eats garlic song, you can have your own opinions all you want, it goes staright to the top of my all time Alty chants for one reason and one damm good reason only..

..it stopped us getting the leathering of a lifetime in a dingy pub on the Broadwater Farm estate when we sung iw away at Spurs. Why we were as stupid to plonk ourselves down in a main Spurs 'heads' pub I do not know. But they chuckled at that and left us alon as a bunch of non united supporting weirdoes. Thank God :P

Hugh Cooper

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 07:25:52 PM »

I heard Stockport fans on the train once singing (or saying?) anti United and City stuff. I think.

teasybeaver

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 09:44:46 PM »

There's a bloke at work who calls me Frank, just because i support Alty? Why the f**k do i want to be associated with someone who looks like betty boo on crack!

He's entertaining on stage and he got some york fans singing alty songs, he's from Timperley as am I but so f**king what. I don't want him on the telly claiming to be Mr Alty. If Vics had some pleb with a fake head doing the same thing we'd rip them apart! I just think the club can do without it!

The singing of "anti" united songs means nothing. I'd be suprised if it ever put anyone off, its pretty funny stuff, not totally digging in to them! I'd welcome anyone to Alty paying to watch our team or bringing their kids to watch football at moss lane.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 06:40:30 PM »

Quote from: teasybeaver
This is a forum, if your that uninterested why did you post a response. Its up for discussion thats why its a topic.

Is it? Good god and there was me thinking that it was a new fangled Etch-a-sketch. I am interested in the Club's position on the matter, not the fans as it was the club that made the decision, not the fans. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and that's fine by me.

Don't you think that the club has done a tremendous job of looking after itself in recent times?

For the most part yes. Have no quibbles there.

Frank is the past, Alty has a future with or without him, I'm quite happy to leave it up to the club.

Was not saying that I was not happy to leave it up to the club, was only wondering what the reasoning was. If there was no negative publicity, then this is all rather irrelevant anyway. As I don't live in the country I have no idea what happened on the show in question.

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with opinions from people because thats what you get on here. I personally love it when people totally disagree with me or say something i hate, it breeds a bit of passion for all things Alty!

Perfectly happy for all to spout forth for all their worth as I stated earlier, but I was merely wondering about the club's reasons for a decision that they had taken.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 promotion of the club