PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vauxhall Motors : Cheshire Senior Cup
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vauxhall Motors : Cheshire Senior Cup  (Read 7595 times)

VofD

« on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »

How many of you are going to spend £12 / £14 of your hard earned cash to watch the match tomorrow, in the light of present form?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Motors : Cheshire Senior Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »

I wil if I can make it.

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

If money was no issue and I could physically get to the game I would be there.

Looks like I'll be watching Chelsea on the box instead.  :(

Alex

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 04:04:29 PM »

without a second thought, i'll be there showing my support of the TEAM
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:34:11 PM by The Duke »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »

I'll pay 12 pounds to watc the first 25 minutes to show my support for the team AND MANAGER.

Beat that one!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

If I did live in Altrincham....

a) I wouldn't go as £12 for a local county cup game is rediculous

b) I don't think it will be taken seriously, in that I mean GH will not play what he considers is best 11 available

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »

It is scandalous on the Cheshire FAs part.

A shame really as these kind of games, if a fiver to get in could get a few people down. Not loads obviously but nice for a cheap night for the kids at a relatively competitive football game rather than friemdlies etc.

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »

take it you still have to pay witha season ticket like with FA cup etc...?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »

take it you still have to pay witha season ticket like with FA cup etc...?
Yes its all pay on the gate proceeds are split.
@AltyDaz

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:52:26 PM »

Iwill b there hope he does give some of the others a run out might get an idea of what they can do

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:37:07 AM »

A shame really as these kind of games, if a fiver to get in could get a few people down. Not loads obviously but nice for a cheap night for the kids at a relatively competitive football game rather than friemdlies etc.

Hi guys, me with Devils Advocate hat on again.

Let's put ourselves in the position of a Club who play say at Vodkat League Level and don't have much money.

They draw Alty away and for them it really is their cup final as they can't see themselves progressing past the mighty Robins....however it's a chance for the players to play on a decent pitch and for the fans to see what this 'Blue Square Premier' is all about as well as putting a few bob in the coffers.

Then we say "sorry guys this is really a bit of a pants competition so we'll drop the entry price to a fiver because our fans aren't that interested"

Now let's ay, for arguments sake we draw Newcastle United in the FA Cup, think 'Great here we are in for a cut of 56,000 people paying (for arguments sake) £35 each then they say - "Sorry, you're only a Conference side and you aren't gonna give us much of a game and our fans can't be arsed so we're only gonna charge a tenner"

We would be incandescent with justifiable rage wouldn't we?

Alex

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »

i thought it was in the rules that we had to play our first two games in the CSC at witton  ;)

markecky

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »

Let's put ourselves in the position of a Club who play say at Vodkat League Level and don't have much money.

They draw Alty away and for them it really is their cup final as they can't see themselves progressing past the mighty Robins....however it's a chance for the players to play on a decent pitch and for the fans to see what this 'Blue Square Premier' is all about as well as putting a few bob in the coffers.

Then we say "sorry guys this is really a bit of a pants competition so we'll drop the entry price to a fiver because our fans aren't that interested"

Now let's ay, for arguments sake we draw Newcastle United in the FA Cup, think 'Great here we are in for a cut of 56,000 people paying (for arguments sake) £35 each then they say - "Sorry, you're only a Conference side and you aren't gonna give us much of a game and our fans can't be arsed so we're only gonna charge a tenner"

See what you are saying Phil but what if Newcastle said that at £35, we'll get 20,000 in....but at £20 for everyone we'll fill the ground and have an amazing atmosphere as well.

I hope Vauxhall haven't made t00 many plans on the cash from a 184 gate.

VofD

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 09:03:52 AM »

See what you are saying Phil but what if Newcastle said that at £35, we'll get 20,000 in....but at £20 for everyone we'll fill the ground and have an amazing atmosphere as well.

I hope Vauxhall haven't made t00 many plans on the cash from a 184 gate.

You think as many as that :o :o

VofD

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »

I'll pay 12 pounds to watc the first 25 minutes to show my support for the team AND MANAGER.

Beat that one!

GOOD FOR YOU ;) ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team