News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Best experience of my life

Author Topic: Best experience of my life  (Read 4640 times)

SanDruimo

« on: November 29, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »

Just joining you guys and 2 talk about horoscopes. Let's start for that site 9
horoscope and romanesc
. More here libra horoscope and z here

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Best experience of my life
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 05:06:02 PM »

Macclesfield 1, Altrincham 6 for me

closely followed by;

Altrincham 3, Leatherhead 1 and the odd goal win against Yeovil to lift the APL   :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:46:41 PM »

Are you thinking of Macc 1 Alty 5 on Boxing Day 1978?  (Which wasn't bad at all, actually) or is this some long lost Cheshire League clash.

And Alty 8 Vics 1 in Jan 69 was a great day (particularly as we didn't beat them at Moss Lane again until the eighties).

Jez

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 10:17:35 AM »

I'm an Aries, my horoscope says I must beware idiots in green...and i will be lucky on the 26th.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:39:03 AM »

Are you thinking of Macc 1 Alty 5 on Boxing Day 1978?  (Which wasn't bad at all, actually) or is this some long lost Cheshire League clash.

Champions vs Runners-up at the end of 1967/8 season at Macc when, after the game, they were presented with the Cheshire League championship trophy in front of the remnants of the crowd consisting mostly of Alty fans after the home fans left early!

There was no programme for that game, just a team sheet - but I've got it and treasure it!!!!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

thegazelle

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »

macc 1 alty 5
what a day that was in more ways than the result as i still bare the scars of my celebrations that day.
remeber a 4-4  all draw in the equivalant of the charity shield circa 1970 . my first night gaME ON MY OWN.
aged 9 or 10  you tell the kids of today that and they wont believe yer. playing down the bollin cricket or football all day just going home for yer tea and straight back out again without a lift in the 4x4 how did we cope!!!!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

I seem to remember some problems getting out and back to the coach after that one too. think it followed some handbags on the way out of the bar at half time?

First game on my own, Ellesmere Port at home, August 1971ish. Won 4-2. Spot on about today's kids, my 14 yr old pulls a tantrum if she has to walk to school, its about half a mile away!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team