PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Ramifications  (Read 16531 times)

markecky

Ramifications
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »

The debate on here the last few days has been interesting.  I think some people forget that we are allowed to say some of the things that have been said.  I am still gutted about Saturday now and so is everyone I speak to. 

Saying "we were never going to beat Stevenage" is not a vaild comeback in my opinion.

I know that 8/10 times we aren't but sometimes teams go to places, play there hearts out and sneak points.  There was never a danger of that at from the kick off for me. If we had equalised they would have scored again.

However heres a point to discuss, and the bit that is very worrying.

If Graham decided today he had done all he could and resigned, the club could very well be looking to fill 10 positions at the club if people go with him, not just one.

At Woking, they sack Kim Grant and move on.

At Alty, any change has massive  ramifications, I don't think some on here realise.  Thats not a healthy situation.

Discuss.

joe

Re: Ramifications
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »

I still think Heathcote should go. We can't just keep turning in wank performances every week and saying oh well never mind,there's always next week. We have to move forward.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »

I have a lot of time for Graham Heathcote.  On the pitch he was top notch taking free-kicks. 

Regarding his current management role, the part-time argument is a little tiring now.  IF and its a big IF Graham Heathcote decided to call it a day, Altrincham would continue.  If players wish to leave so be it but the Alty would go on!!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »

It's a good point Ecky and it is worrying, but ultimately you can not be held to ransom over what may or may not happen.

Personally, I think it VERY unlikely that many players would up and go. There was lots of talk of players going at Chelsea when the outlaw Jose Portugal was shown the door....how many went?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »

Wasn't talking about players. 

For me, outside of Stuart Coburn, Colin Little, Senior and Denham I wouldn't miss any of them the way I feel at the moment.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »

Well I've spoke to various people who went the game on Satdee and although I feel I can't comment on that game, as I  did not go.. I have been to plenty of previous games I feel to make an opinion.

I'll be honest for the first time since watching Alty I ended up doing 'Something else' on Satdee. It was my Nephews 3rd Birthday and even though it was a 'family' thing my mum, dad and even sister were shocked I turned up and didn't watch Alty. YES some may now say "You are not a fan" or "Stick by the team" but too be honest when it costs me around £60 to get to a home game and I am being served up with rubbish I just didn;t fancy an away game at Stevenage so I took the route of actually spending time with my family who I do not see very often.

I'll be their on Satdee and will continue to go to as many games as I can get to but the sad thing for me was that for the first time ever I found something else to do other than watch Alty... That just isn't like me at all as Ecky and co will tell you. And too be honest got me thinking A LOT, What worried me is if I felt like this then there must be others ?? Then I made a few phonecalls and found out there was !

I am not judging on 'just one game' but I am really hoping for a BIG improvement on Saturday and if there is not then I am going to be totally disheartened with it all.

I don't expect a win every week, people know I am much more realistic than that but what I do expect is a team that puts in effort and COMPETES. If we had lost 3-0 on Satdee but 'gave it a go' then I would not have minded.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:04:04 AM by gazwarrington »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »

For me, outside of Stuart Coburn, Colin Little, Senior and Denham I wouldn't miss any of them the way I feel at the moment.

Fair enough and still worrying, but the point remains the same. Are we to be held to ransom over what may or may not happen?

I mean this is not a club with fans who are fickle. There is a constant hardcore support that follow the team home and away, come what may (and boy has it come in the last few seasons).

No one person can be bigger than the club itself. If people walk, because GH goes, then they do not have the best interests of the club at heart. There's something wrong if people would keep things as they are for the sake of the old boys brigade and watch us decline without so much as a whimper, but would happily wave goodbye to the club if changes were made.

As far as I'm aware, GG was likely to go at the end of this season anyway was he not? So, how is this different? Or are you saying, that if GH goes they will all just walk without ensuring that there is someone to take over at the helm? If that's true then they love GH and not Alty.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »

Its all hypothetical but I think a fair few people would have to decide if they were Altrincham Football Club or Graham Heathcote.

James Black

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »

Alty F.C all the way for me famous saying no one is bigger than the club

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »

Its all hypothetical but I think a fair few people would have to decide if they were Altrincham Football Club or Graham Heathcote.

Really sorry, but that just made me chuckle as I got an image of a packed boardroom with one after another getting to their feet and declaring......"I'm Graham Heathcote", "No, I'm Graham Heathcote"

Apologies again, I think I'm becoming delirious.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »

The debate on here the last few days has been interesting.  I think some people forget that we are allowed to say some of the things that have been said.  I am still gutted about Saturday now and so is everyone I speak to. 

Saying "we were never going to beat Stevenage" is not a vaild comeback in my opinion.

I know that 8/10 times we aren't but sometimes teams go to places, play there hearts out and sneak points.  There was never a danger of that at from the kick off for me. If we had equalised they would have scored again.

However heres a point to discuss, and the bit that is very worrying.

If Graham decided today he had done all he could and resigned, the club could very well be looking to fill 10 positions at the club if people go with him, not just one.

At Woking, they sack Kim Grant and move on.

At Alty, any change has massive  ramifications, I don't think some on here realise.  Thats not a healthy situation.

Discuss.

For me this makes things even worse.The people that are holding the fans to ransom by saying they will follow GH out if he has to go should really look at what they are striving for within the club. Is it Altrincham FC or their good friend GH?

If this really is true, and i suppose only the next press saga will tell, then GH should resign even more so. Otherwise we'll be forever on the brink of being in the wilderness once again. We should face the hurdle now.

Im not disputing the hard work that GH or any club official has put in over recent years, its truly fantastic. However, its our club as well (sorry for sounding like a geordie) and we can't just accept the tyranny.

For me its black and white, if the club can find a fitting successor to take the club forward then so be it.

bigcol

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

Looking at other examples, once the majority of fans don't want someone in, they usually get their wish.  Our friends at Newcastle are the most recent example.  It isn't sense to continue doing something the fans don't want, any club relies on the support of the fans and if that is lost then the mechanisms of club football fail both on and off the pitch.

There were a few rumblings last season, but this season it is not only a lot earlier but also a lot more forceful. 

GG might be loyal to GH, Colin might be loyal to GH and so on, but when fans turn against a team or a manager and start voting with their feets and pockets, it doesn't matter what level a team is at, changes will be made.

I just hope that GG takes an open-minded view, rather than stick to his usual GH is Alty patter. 

James Black

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »

[/quote

Yes reevesy your chance to rant at me again, Till the day i die stuart coburn will be my Favourite player and bias or not he has kept defeat scores down to a minimum, as that picture on the official website shows Alty man of the season so far for me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:08:57 PM by James Black »

James Black

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »

I also believe certain players are unhappy with Heathcotes management criticising them all the time with no praise when someone does something impressive is not how you get the best out of your players. But sorry youngy that second goal on saturday you should of just got the ball f**ked off

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »

If you love Alty then you act in the best interests of Alty.

The only person who has said they'll go if the 'cote goes is colin little...I'm afraid with that attitude I'd say thanks for the goals colin...see ya....we fear maybe Geoff will go as well...maybe a few other volunteer loyalists i could think who have witnessed dozens of managerial changes without so much as a voice of dissent..

But why should they throw their toys out of the pram together?? It's not like many are saying go and never darken our door again. It's not like many are saying things out of hatred or spite (note I put not many).

Many are suggesting the 'cote moves upstairs or even better manages a reserve side and does loads of work within the community.....none of these were suggested for Bernard or Tony Sanders or John King............surely now is the time for the 'cote to cement his ties to Alty and do the best for the club that no-one doubts he cares about (note I put no-one)?....

It doesn't surely have to be that the fans are blamed for a continual and evidenced run of turgid football that means fans like gaz are spending time with loved ones at the weekend instead of cheering on the Alty? (PS the danger is that that happened to me 2 seasons ago and if it's hard disconnecting it's even harder to reconnect).

We are being reasonable....but we can't ignore the fact that the standrad of football is dire and shows no signs of improving.

Best to have the clear out now though if people insist on throwing their toys out of the pram than when we are in conf N...but to all those people considering it I think I speak for most when I say you are appreciated and wanted at Alty.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications