PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Ramifications  (Read 16530 times)

Jenga

Re: Ramifications
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »

IF GH goes and it is only an if, and IF others go with him as they support him then so be it. They clearly do not support the club.

However IF GH is doing a good job and we have all got this wrong then I could understand people walking out.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »

I think Alty are like the labour party at the moment....everyone seems to acknowledge there is a problem at the top but the top refuses to acknowledge this and may even withdraw the leadership election nomination papers!!!

James Black

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »

If you love Alty then you act in the best interests of Alty.

The only person who has said they'll go if the 'cote goes is colin little...I'm afraid with that attitude I'd say thanks for the goals colin...see ya....we fear maybe Geoff will go as well...maybe a few other volunteer loyalists i could think who have witnessed dozens of managerial changes without so much as a voice of dissent..

But why should they throw their toys out of the pram together?? It's not like many are saying go and never darken our door again. It's not like many are saying things out of hatred or spite (note I put not many).

Many are suggesting the 'cote moves upstairs or even better manages a reserve side and does loads of work within the community.....none of these were suggested for Bernard or Tony Sanders or John King............surely now is the time for the 'cote to cement his ties to Alty and do the best for the club that no-one doubts he cares about (note I put no-one)?....

It doesn't surely have to be that the fans are blamed for a continual and evidenced run of turgid football that means fans like gaz are spending time with loved ones at the weekend instead of cheering on the Alty? (PS the danger is that that happened to me 2 seasons ago and if it's hard disconnecting it's even harder to reconnect).

We are being reasonable....but we can't ignore the fact that the standrad of football is dire and shows no signs of improving.

Best to have the clear out now though if people insist on throwing their toys out of the pram than when we are in conf N...but to all those people considering it I think I speak for most when I say you are appreciated and wanted at Alty.

On the backroom staff side When heathcote goes in next two weeks fingers crossed it needs to be a complete clearout let the new manager bring in what he wants. Plus if Colin went fine he's been useless this season.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:22:30 PM by James Black »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

At the end of the day the Manager can only do so much,once those 11 are on the pitch its down to them and the way they choose to play.yes Gh can kick their backsides at halftime,but other than that not a lot he can do.I think the players have got to take the game by the scruff of the neck from the start and at least have a go.I would be prepared to wait anoth 3 or 4 games and see how they perform,its still only September we do have a long way to go yet and if we finsh 5th from bottom then we have achieved something.Dont want to go down the road of teams getting kicked again,it leaves a sour taste.
Harold

bigcol

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »

Plus if Colin went fine he's been useless this season.

Not like you to be controversial is it? ;)  Alty's best striker for a generation.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »

At the end of the day the Manager can only do so much,once those 11 are on the pitch its down to them and the way they choose to play

If players were 'playing' for GH then they would surely do as he said anyway ?

Plus.. Whether he's is the best striker or not it doesn't mean GH should be in charge just to keep him ?

The Fan

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »

Result against Lewes or bust as far as I am concerned. If GH leaving causes an exodus then so be it.

joe

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 01:04:51 PM »

Gh can kick their backsides at halftime

He won't be able to kick their backsides at half time if he's stood by the dug out sulking!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »

Must admit I'm glad I wasn't at the game cos I would have been going mental if I saw that.

Bernard Taylor was shouted at and heckled for standing there and not shouting anything to the players during games and that was his downfall but at least he was watching the game. The actions at the Stevenage game was an insult to everyone who made the trip and why should the players be bothered if the manager isn't ?.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »

I think people are slightly missing Ecky's point ehre.

If GH went a lot of other people players and abclroom staff may leave. This wouldn't necessarily be people throwing there toys out of the pram. You have to realise that the reason why we have progressed on such meagre resources (and still, relatively  speaking we have progressed a lot since 2002) is that people have pulled together and put together time, no little money and lots of emotion into the whole package. It wouldn't be so easy just to welcome the next amn through the door and carry on like that. That's not saying they are here for GH only, many of the people I'm thinking about have been here long before, it's an entirely natural reaction. And in some ways we do forget jsut how hard it is behind the scenes and how much goes on. In fact, more likely we just have no idea how much does go on.

I don't say this with any inside knowledge but perhaps we need to acknowledge that when GG makes his statements sometimes that he has a point and bear it in mind. It's not a case of holding to ransom though.

I suppose it's little things. I mean, if for example Grahame Rowley ( and family) were int his position. They wouldn't walk away from Alty at all but I could well understand if GR was emotionally drained and needed a break message to GR - don't even think about it, this is a purely hypothetical example, got it?, well I can barely imagine what match days would be like the amount of work they get through which is appreciated by us all. I mean really.

Other unseen things I guess, on matchdays the team have energy drinks and all other sort of lucozadey stuff that top sports teams have (beyond just drinks) that give the team a professionalism and better opportunity. I think these come free of charge froma certian chemist and would cost £70 otherwise.

Again, GG's coaches for the team to travel, these are given over either for free or at a discount of tens of thousands of pounds. Remember, these coaches that are travelling to STevnage on FRiday and Saturday could be earning lots of money for GG elsewhere. Would it really be fair to expect GG to continue with this if he was no longer chairman or the man he has invested so much time in had been forced out (and that's how it would seem even if it's not really the case)?

I only give these as sort of isolated examples and I think it's worth re-iterating again that , even if it doesn't always come across on this forum, the work so many people do is truly appreciated.It is, I know from speaking to everyone, like Ecky and Co that we are aware of the effort that is put in to sustain what we all love.

IMO, we shoud perhaps consider that a business that flounders because one particualr emplpoyee leaves (I know we're talkign about others leaving but that's a knock on effect) isn't quite on the structure or as strong as it should be. However, if we were at our level in regardds to this maybe we wouldn't be in the BSP, it is this selfless 'family devotion' that has got us arguably punching above our weight.

I think waht's wieghing on my mind most is that loyalty is going to become blind loyalty, again maybe the next week or so may jsut be the kick start to the season that we need and we're all over analysing. By blind loyalty I mean the sort that will cause resentment and falling out. I would hope that all concerned look for a way forward properly.

- Soudns horribel this, as if it's already a done deal, it need not be GH can still turn it round and we can still do this, it jsut seems a little groundhog day I think.

James Black

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »

Gh can kick their backsides at halftime

He won't be able to kick their backsides at half time if he's stood by the dug out sulking!!

Absolutely spot on Heathcote must of left GB to do 5 mins of team talk on his own whilst heathcote went to welcome his stevenage friends back in their seats and to sip a cup of water

Hodgey

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »

If Graham decided today he had done all he could and resigned, the club could very well be looking to fill 10 positions at the club if people go with him, not just one.

At Woking, they sack Kim Grant and move on.

At Alty, any change has massive  ramifications, I don't think some on here realise.  Thats not a healthy situation.

Discuss.

[/quote]

10 positions to fill if GH leaves? In my opinion nobody is that critical  to the club AND that includes everyone from the board to the manager. I got the impression during the meeting with the directors in the summer that GG was getting fed up any criticism due to the voluntary nature of the job and you could see that he was thinking 'I dont need this'. If any of the 10 decide to call it a day it is their prerogative and good luck to them. Ballers has made a great point about the people behind the scenes, and I understand the negativity will filter through to them and they will feel that they would rather just watch the team than dedicate the time and effort to help run the club. But the foundations obviously need strenghtening if one man leaving causes 10 others to go ?

Ecky I would love to know who you think will walk if GH left
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:32:42 PM by AltyFan »

James Black

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 02:37:01 PM »

Hint Ecky doesn't come with an E

The Board would probably all go seen as their in love with him. Managers get sacked this early in the season so why can't Heathcote '' oh graham please don't go that what their all saying to him'' Wakey Wakey gents yours not telling me you were pleased with the boss stood on that touchline acting a prat

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »

Did you read any of my post at all??

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »

I certainly expected better at Stevenage, I said we might win it. The truth though of how good we are probably lies somewhere between drawing with the top team (Salisbury) and getting outclassed by Stevenage (who are heading for the top). What would interest me is the match report for Stevenage for Burton 1, which I may read shortly. Were Burton outclassed or just unlucky? And remember the Wrexham fan who said Stevenage played better stuff than a lot of teams in "League 2". I hope that Stevenage was simply an off day for whatever reason. And I hope we will take the chance to sort ourselves out tonight. I was disappointed aswell, but I think we can do better. That is the only time we've got well beat this season apart from when we had a dodgy sending off(we probably still would have got beat but not 4-0).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications