PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ramifications  (Read 16425 times)

Alex

Re: Ramifications
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 04:59:12 PM »

steve burr theres one

Jank the Tank

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »

u cant just say 'heathcote cant leave because then we will need to fill 10 spots'- so u are saying u want to stick with what we have got at the moment, to potentially get relegated, doesnt make sense. we all want better for the club, its just- whats the best way to go about it?- because i know squabbling on here is going to get nothing done.

ask to stage a meeting of some sort to get ur views across to higher people at the club, and make sure they hear ur thoughts

if the collective people that feel so passionately about getting GH out, come together and do something about it- i hate coming on here and just seeing threads 'GH OUT', 'can we stay like this?', 'im so annoyed' etc etc etc

thegazelle

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 05:24:23 PM »

it may be that several players and back romm staff walk if GH goes

devils advocate bit here

but How many of the same stay away because of the current regime????? and i know a couple

just up for discussion thats all

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »

Wasn't talking about players. 

For me, outside of Stuart Coburn, Colin Little, Senior and Denham I wouldn't miss any of them the way I feel at the moment.

How true
ParkINson's red and white army

James Black

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »

Ken Mckenna

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »

Why aren't the 10 "Of a high standard" already in jobs?

Can you actually name someone who you think could do a better job than the current fella?

yes i can name lots. maybe some are in current jobs but may want to move back north?, maybe a ex-player looking to start at the bottom. Maybe someone who allows the fans to get back behind the club. There's no point in naming names until the current situation is sorted.

The Fan

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »

All this "name a manager who is better than GH or keep quiet" nonsense is laughable.

If your after a Manager that will do no worse than get us relegated 3 years on the bounce and be a general embarassment when reacting to fans critisism of continually dreadful performances - I can name thousands. I may as well apply for a start.

Christ, if the buzz of a new Manager at the helm got us 3 points in his first game, I'd do it just for that.

Horrific results we are used to. The difference is that now the players don't even seem to be playing for him - that is a catastrophy.

Garveys Brother

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »

Christ, if the buzz of a new Manager at the helm got us 3 points in his first game, I'd do it just for that.

Thats why you can't decide whether to sack a manger or not.

Alty365

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »

ask to stage a meeting of some sort to get ur views across to higher people at the club, and make sure they hear ur thoughts

This has been done time and time again and all they do is deny that a problem even exists. Heathcote sits there and won't admit he ever gets anything wrong and nothing constructive ends up happening.

Why is it up to the fans to instigate change of this kind? We are not the people whose job it is to do such things!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 08:21:19 PM »

Suppose that - after Bernard got the sack - we had appointed a manager who had never played for us, had been a completely outside appointment, was functioning purely as a manager, and went on to achieve exactly the same results as GH between that very first match at Burscough and the Stevenage match last Saturday. 

Would that manager still be here?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »

Suppose that - after Bernard got the sack - we had appointed a manager who had never played for us, had been a completely outside appointment, was functioning purely as a manager, and went on to achieve exactly the same results as GH between that very first match at Burscough and the Stevenage match last Saturday. 

Two letter word, ends on 'o' and begins with 'n' !

Alty365

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »

I think we all know the answer to that question.  ;)

RocketDan

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »

Bryan Robson came in to replace gary megsons failing WBA. survived relegation, something that i would like to see alty do this season.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »

Bryan Robson came in to replace gary megsons failing WBA. survived relegation, something that i would like to see alty do this season.

Anyone coming into replace Megson would appear to do a good job, the guys useless, what the feck he's doing managing in the premier league i will never know...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2008, 11:45:25 PM »

Anyone coming into replace Megson would appear to do a good job, the guys useless, what the feck he's doing managing in the premier league i will never know...

I think you need to read that back to yourself whilst thinking through the following conundrum in your head.

Managing a premiership side. Bryan Robson or Gary Megson?

No brainer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications