PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Ramifications  (Read 16527 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ramifications
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »

Bryan Robson came in to replace gary megsons failing WBA. survived relegation, something that i would like to see alty do this season.

Anyone coming into replace Megson would appear to do a good job, the guys useless, what the feck he's doing managing in the premier league i will never know...

I think you need to read that back to yourself whilst thinking through the following conundrum in your head.

Managing a premiership side. Bryan Robson or Gary Megson?

No brainer.

You've lost me. Gary Megson is an atrocious manager, end of ! I will be very suprised if Bolton don't struggle....

bighairedmike

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »

Bryan Robson came in to replace gary megsons failing WBA. survived relegation, something that i would like to see alty do this season.

Bryan Robson was an ex West Bom player...    :-X

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »

Anyone coming into replace Megson would appear to do a good job, the guys useless, what the feck he's doing managing in the premier league i will never know...

I think you need to read that back to yourself whilst thinking through the following conundrum in your head.

Managing a premiership side. Bryan Robson or Gary Megson?

No brainer.

You've lost me. Gary Megson is an atrocious manager, end of ! I will be very suprised if Bolton don't struggle....

Bryan Robson aspires to be an atrocious manager.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2008, 01:36:08 PM »

Well I've spoke to various people who went the game on Satdee and although I feel I can't comment on that game, as I  did not go.. I have been to plenty of previous games I feel to make an opinion.

I'll be honest for the first time since watching Alty I ended up doing 'Something else' on Satdee. It was my Nephews 3rd Birthday and even though it was a 'family' thing my mum, dad and even sister were shocked I turned up and didn't watch Alty. YES some may now say "You are not a fan" or "Stick by the team" but too be honest when it costs me around £60 to get to a home game and I am being served up with rubbish I just didn;t fancy an away game at Stevenage so I took the route of actually spending time with my family who I do not see very often.

I'll be their on Satdee and will continue to go to as many games as I can get to but the sad thing for me was that for the first time ever I found something else to do other than watch Alty... That just isn't like me at all as Ecky and co will tell you. And too be honest got me thinking A LOT, What worried me is if I felt like this then there must be others ?? Then I made a few phonecalls and found out there was !

I am not judging on 'just one game' but I am really hoping for a BIG improvement on Saturday and if there is not then I am going to be totally disheartened with it all.

I don't expect a win every week, people know I am much more realistic than that but what I do expect is a team that puts in effort and COMPETES. If we had lost 3-0 on Satdee but 'gave it a go' then I would not have minded.

It's sad to say but I have the same feelings as you about this.

Stevenage on Saturday was the first time I have left the game early (10mins). I too should have been somewhere else and decided I could get there quicker if I got out the car park early and away from that sh*t town and that sh*t performance.

I'm afraid to say watching Alty seems to be 100% about the journey, the people and the booze! Football seems to be getting in the way and that seems like a shame to me!

I'm not asking for a Man Utd attitude where we are hacked off if we don't win everygame but a pair of balls and the odd surprise would be a start.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:38:13 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramifications