PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Close the door behind you Graham
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Close the door behind you Graham  (Read 15698 times)

Alty365

« on: September 20, 2008, 04:54:39 PM »

You've done a lot of things I've disagreed with. The performances have been poor and your conduct has been beyond a joke at times.

However, your offensive conduct towards our loyal fans today has taken it all a step too far. You MUST resign and do it now.

We don't want you here anymore, get that into your head. Do the decent thing and allow this club to move forward.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 05:44:28 PM by Alty365 »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Close the door behind you Graham
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »

You've done a lot of things I've disagreed with. The performances have been poor and you conduct has been beyond a joke at times.

However, your offensive conduct towards our loyal fans today has taken it all a step too far. You MUST resign and do it now.

We don't want you here anymore, get that into your head. Do the decent thing and allow this club to move forward.

if you werent at the game and are just going off a text how can you be 100 per cent sure on the accusations?

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »

My dad has just called me and confirmed the abuse aimed at our fans today. I'm not going back until this w***** has gone for good.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

You've done a lot of things I've disagreed with. The performances have been poor and you conduct has been beyond a joke at times.

if you werent at the game and are just going off a text how can you be 100 per cent sure on the accusations?

Two reliable sources at the game were texting me throughout.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »

ok, fair enough , well maybe even the pro gh minority will now have changed their minds

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

ok, fair enough

To be fair mate, I would have asked the same thing of other people so I knew where you were coming from.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »

Can I echo 365's words?

The Alty fans have afforded a dignity to the 'cote with many kind words of appreciation for his efforts...words of sadness...etc.

But like players the 'cote has decided were not up to this level but who excelled at lower levels it was clear the 'cote too had found this level beyond him.

Now the board has two reasons to accept this man's resignation...and accept they should without reservation....if he doesn't offer it, they should request it.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 05:34:45 PM »

ok, fair enough , well maybe even the pro gh minority will now have changed their minds

One here. I certainly didn't approve of chanting anything which isn't getting  behind the team while the match is still on, but the performance was terrible and he was just acting like a C**t.

DarrenH

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »

Is it not possible that the board have realised this but don't have the balls to get rid of him hence the call for the new people and new investment ?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »

Is it not possible that the board have realised this but don't have the balls to get rid of him hence the call for the new people and new investment ?

quite possibly

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 05:43:36 PM »

My first game for a while today - two poor teams, they were marginally worse than us. True - GH got a lot of abuse from a section of fans but his alleged offensive reaction (and I didn't see it myself) is a step too far. He's lost the fans, seems to have lost the players and, despite his long association with the club, I think his departure is inevitable. The board seem a sensible bunch - I'm sure they can attract a more than competent successor.

The team needs a leader on the pitch as well as a trusted leader off it.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 06:02:06 PM »

The 2 things that really annoyed me were

1. His reaction to the 1st calls of 'Heathcote Out' being to shout at the Golf Road End 'Is that the thanks I get then'. We thank you for what you have done for this club in getting promoted on sweet fa cash. But what exactly do we have to be thankful for over past 2 and a bit seasons??

2. Ordering the team to not applaud the fans and go in the dressing room. I find it disgraceful that I could not clap the players, and that he threw his toys out of the pram.

The statement from the board talks about taking the club to the next level. When they say this, that means everything,including managerial changes.

Aside from that,glad we got the win in what was an extremely poor game,though I expected it to be. Hope the players can push on from here.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »

Ordering the team to not applaud the fans and go in the dressing room

I actually find that worse than the hand gestures. It's a blatant attempt to break the bond between players and fans. That really is unforgivable!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 06:06:33 PM »

2. Ordering the team to not applaud the fans and go in the dressing room. I find it disgraceful that I could not clap the players, and that he threw his toys out of the pram.

/quote]

Please tell me he didn't really do that? What were the players reactions like?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AFC1

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »

/quote]

Please tell me he didn't really do that? What were the players reactions like?

I did notice that Stuart managed to escape and clap the remaining fans.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team