PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Close the door behind you Graham
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Close the door behind you Graham  (Read 15695 times)

Garveys Brother

Re: Close the door behind you Graham
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »

However, your offensive conduct towards our loyal fans today has taken it all a step too far. You MUST resign and do it now.

I was not going to post but I was at this game and it was an utter disgrace by our fans, DURING the game,  they sat down while calling him a wanker. THey were trying to provoke him. Our performance was rubbish but any fan who thinks it's right to demorilise players while their team is winning should not be fans at all. I believe that Heathcote should resign as manager and take up a small job at the club like just helping around here and there. They should have protested about Heathcote being manager after the game.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:24:36 PM by Garveys Brother »

Narcissist

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »

However, your offensive conduct towards our loyal fans today has taken it all a step too far. You MUST resign and do it now.

I was not going to post but I was at this game and it was an utter disgrace by our fans, DURING the game,  they sat down wjile calling him a wanker. THey were trying to provoke him.
Our performance was rubbish but any fan who thinks it's right to demorilise players while their team is winning should not be fans at all. I believe that Heathcote should resign as manager and take up a small job at the club like just helping around here and there. But anyone who says the behavour of our fans was respectabele were either not there or not an Alty fan. They should have 'protested' about Heathcote being manager after the game. Lastly when he said 'This is the thanks i get' he is right, look at us, some of us weren't at the game and are saying that he was the bad guy here. The alty fans wanted a reaction out of  him and thats why they were shouting at him during the game.

I wasnt going to post either. Im completely dismayed by all this. Part of me would like to agree with you and say we're all human and we should extend some respect to GH before calling him out during a match.

However, calling for a managers head is a fans right, its been done for years, and will do for many more. Most managers extend the courtesy to the fans to accept they haven't been doing as good a job as the fans could expect and that they deserve the pressure.

GH is completely deluded. He takes no responsibility for our position in the league, yet he takes all the credit for us being here in the first place??? You take the rough with the smooth and accept when you aren't living up to expectations, GH never does this. Our board have shown him too much respect and so have the fans, myself included. He's put himself on a pedestal because the board allowed it and now he refuses to get off. What did he expect?

Finally, he has no right to stop the fans paying tribute to the players. The fans pay their wages, not GH. He has no respect for his own position at the club, a bloody disgrace!!! This has got me beyond fuming, im actually upset. He should never be forgiven for this, its a an absolute f**king disgrace!

Time to go GH, one of the last members of your fan club has just walked away.

YorkyAlty

Both to Blame
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 07:42:56 PM »

Hi

I travelled from York today for the fourth time this season and took my two young kids, there were numerous kids in the ground as Alty is and always has been very family oriented and prices are great.  Fans are of course allowed to vent however there comes a time when it becomes too much especially at one point in th efirst half where the referee was subject to a torrent of foul mouth abuse from 1 supporter. 

Towards the end of the game the manager was getting a lot of foul mouth abuse and numerous stewards did nothing about it, pardon me for asking but I thought foul language at a game resulted in ejection?

I found it totally unacceptable that the manager then started gesturing and shouting towards the fans, as a professional he should have ignored it just like the referee did on the numerous occasions he was abused.  2 years ago at York City the York goalkeeper was sacked after swearing to a fan, GH should have ignored the chants and the sit down and got on with job in hand.

I love Alty, I came as a kid and turned my back on Man United and the Premier League prices to come back to my roots, my kids have shirts and love to come but they didn't like the hostility today and at the end wanted to know why so many people were angry and gathering by the tunnel, why people were swearing and why the stewards did nothing about it.  I will be there again on Tuesday night another 210 mile round trip and I will support the team as best I can, it was encouraging to hear us get behind the players after the GH incident and it was a massive win but on Tuesday GH or no GH we need to back the players and support the team, leave the abuse at home.

Stewards - you need to get a grip, the odd F word in frustration is normal but 2 minutes of foul mouthed abuse towards officials on the pitch and officials of the club is unacceptable, you need to get tough!

Dave

Garveys Brother

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »

You can't say that the fans had a right to sit down during a game to antaginise heathcote, demmorilise the players and ruin the game.

Not you York alty your post came while i was typing
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 07:48:13 PM by Garveys Brother »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

I was not going to post but I was at this game and it was an utter disgrace by our fans, DURING the game,  they sat down while calling him a wanker. THey were trying to provoke him. Our performance was rubbish but any fan who thinks it's right to demorilise players while their team is winning should not be fans at all. I believe that Heathcote should resign as manager and take up a small job at the club like just helping around here and there. They should have protested about Heathcote being manager after the game.
This is wrong the sitting down and wanker calling happened only after the manager gestured at the fans
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Garveys Brother

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

This is wrong the sitting down and wanker calling happened only after the manager gestured at the fans

I was there and saw hethcotes gesture and it was when they were swearing at him.

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »

You can't say that the fans had a right to sit down during a game to antaginise heathcote, demmorilise the players and ruin the game.

Paying customers have a right to voice their displeasure without receiving abuse from the person whose wages they are paying!

AltyIan

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »

The one thing that annoyed me more then anything today, was not the fact altrincham played poorly, not the fact that Graham Heathcote was swearing at the people who pay his wages, it was the fact that he stopped the players clapping the fans  after the game. he should have gone straight through the tunnel and considered his future. Mr Heathcote you are not bigger than the club and i hope you sincerely regret what you did today becuase it was not just the team that were a shambles, it was you. At the end of the day you are blaming the players for the results, your the boss you take the criticism mate.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:28:39 PM by AltyIan »

flagger in training

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 09:56:08 PM »

I'm 13 and have only been watching alty last season and this season but even i think Grahams a JOKE !!!!!!!!  >:(    i've even set up a we want rid of heathcote facebook page join if you hate him like i do !!! HE'S LOST THE CHANGING ROOM !!!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 10:48:09 PM »

I WAS at the game too. Never before have i witnessed a large group of supporters so unhappy with the current manager. The sitting down and "wanker" calling ONLY happened AFTER our "manager" reacted to the "heathcote out" chant by making a "wanker" geasture aimed at the fans. Even during the "were not wankers" chant GH WAS nodding his head off at the supporters. THAT is something that should not happen. I presume other managers get stick from supporters week in week out. how many react in the way that we have seen today?

There was a sizeable contigent who are not happy with the constant below par performances and other occurances. It is there right to show their dismay at the current situation. However i presume the board will again ignore any views that are not considered to be positive to their master plan.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:53:38 PM by casper »

RocketDan

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »

Heathcote
Barrow
Rowley

I didn't know graham was a popular name.

Longman

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »

I was slightly dismayed about the fact Alty fans were singing Heathcote out and what a load of rubbish BEFORE the game finished, as in my view this can only be detrimental to the team, I also feel that some of the abuse to Heathcote was a bit over the top.

However, I was also saddened by GH's actions, notably heckling back at the supporters (when he should have ignored it) and most of all instructing the players not to clap the fans, that is A DISGRACE!!! >:(

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 01:10:16 PM »

Well said Longman, have a goodwin.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »

Jennifer was blowing raspberries throughout most of the game - this got no reaction from GH!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Close the door behind you Graham