PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Mansfield Town Game
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Mansfield Town Game  (Read 6746 times)

Knutsford Alty

The Mansfield Town Game
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:51:44 AM »

A lot has been said about the events from last Saturday and more comments from myself will only probably add fuel the debate.  What I will say thou the Alty players on Saturday celebrated the goal like to meant a lot to them. 

What I feel is important now is to get behind the lads tomorrow night.  Mansfield Town will be a tough nut to crack and they should bring a fair following with them as well.  A win is a win, let’s try and make it two in a row.

LETS GET BEHIND THE LADS AND HAVE A GO AT MANSFIELD.   

COME ON ALTY

Milnez

Re: The Mansfield Town Game
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

Alright folks, Stags fan here. I run a stags message board with my mate ( www.simplystagtastic.co.uk) and i'm looking to do a bit of a preview on the game tomorrow. Could you tell me your expected line up and formation please and who are your key players and where do they play? Will be a hard game tomorrow night for us, we aint won away yet and with us under investigation at the moment and the threat that we could lose 10points we really need to pick up as many points as possible. I'll go for a 1-2, with us scoring in the last minute!

ben38

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:53:33 PM »

A lot has been said about the events from last Saturday and more comments from myself will only probably add fuel the debate.  What I will say thou the Alty players on Saturday celebrated the goal like to meant a lot to them. 

What I feel is important now is to get behind the lads tomorrow night.  Mansfield Town will be a tough nut to crack and they should bring a fair following with them as well.  A win is a win, let’s try and make it two in a row.

COME ON ALTY
I gree no abuse tomoz lads its not good for the players to hear it aswel

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »

COME ON ALTY
I gree no abuse tomoz lads its not good for the players to hear it aswel

Take your mittens off before you start typing!

matnvfcmad

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »

Mansfield are nothing special we should of got at least a draw when we played them away dont see why you cant get at least a point ;)

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

Sorry Milnez, I just couldn't resist.
Expected line up?  all I'll say is, don't worry!
Key player? He is 'sick' allegedly because he won't train on a Friday night!
Where do they play? - Christ, all over the place at the moment!
Beat us in the last minute? - now you're just being funny mate!
Have a good trip to Heathcote FC and hope we surprise both you and ourselves.

Milnez

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

It aint that bad man surley! Us Stags fan should be the club worrying the most at the moment! With upto 14 points could be taken off us soon, so basically we will have to start the season all over again! Could anybody help me out here with the team and line up? :)

Alex

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »

long story short mate we don't have a clue what team will line up. if you want to write about our best player thats guarenteed to start just copy and past colin littles biography from the main site.

sorry if i sound sarcastic but we honestly don't have a clue. so many diffrent storys flying around about players and managment atm  but i'll hazard a guess at a starting XI

Coburn
(insert name)
(insert name)
McGregor
(insert name)
(insert name)
Lawton
Danylyk
(insert name)
Little
(insert name)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:57:49 PM »

You forgot Peyton. He's a definite starter.

Sadly  :(

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »

Coburn GK
Densmore RB
Peyton LB
McGregor CB
Young CB
Denham RM
Elam LM
Danllyk CM
Street CM
Little CF
Senior CF

That'd be my guess. Street and Senior are far from certainties, but I'm just trying to second guess the manager. Little was our star man last year, has been carrying a couple of knocks and not played as well as he can so far this season. Elam looks like he's starting to find his feet. Sadly though mate, you'll probably win because we just aren't playing well.

Alex

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »

i like warren he's a good squad player (you do need one or two of those)  he's someone who works hard and gives plenty of effort for the cause. i don't think he has the ability to start every game but i don't think he diserves the abuse he gets on here.

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »

i like warren he's a good squad player (you do need one or two of those)  he's someone who works hard and gives plenty of effort for the cause. i don't think he has the ability to start every game but i don't think he diserves the abuse he gets on here.

Seconded.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »

Fair enough a squad player, however, my problem is that we have a dedicated left back on the books who can't get a look in. Peyton cannot cross or pass (why he continues to take corners defeats me).

Basically we have better players, but GH has his favourites...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 05:30:25 PM »

You forgot Peyton. He's a definite starter.

Sadly

I was stood near where Peyton was playing for most of the first half on Saturday and I didn't think he did badly Possibly one time he got caught out, but he worked hard, was fairly solid and played a part in the goal (apparently).

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »

Sadly though mate, you'll probably win because we just aren't playing well.

It's worth repeating - shots on target Saturday Altrincham 6 Lewes 0. We had more shots off target aswell, and it sounds like Lewes had one of their better games with one or two players back (and they've avoided defeat in other games if they've got four points).

We seem to be a bit inconsistent, a draw against (still) unbeaten Kettering, but well beaten by Stevenage.

For all the talk of a lack of a home win though, we haven't got well beaten at home either and it should be close.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Mansfield Town Game