PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT  (Read 9292 times)

Alty365

Re: DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »

Has he actually said he doesn't want to play for Alty?

I have no idea, but I never said he had. I just asked the question, do we want "a player" who doesn't want to play for Alty.

At the end of the day I would love nothing more than to see everyone kiss and make up and for Chris Denham to be back on the pitch winning games for Alty.

altybird

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 03:25:21 PM »

Wouldn't we all?!

He's a fantastic player, and I think we're losing out big time with him in the stand.

Alty are paying a great player to not play - doesn't make much sense really.

GH needs to bite the bullet and think about the team as a whole, not differences he might have with Chris or other players.

At the same time, Chris needs to think about getting himself back out there, doing what he does best and help Alty to win the league (OK, maybe not win, but certainly move up the table!)

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 03:45:06 PM »

If what GH is quoted as saying is true then I'm behind him 100%. It'll be bad for the team's collective morale if someone who doesn't even want to be at Alty is making the team. Plus, whilst for some reason he has drawn gushing praise on here (in much the same way as Carlos Logan did for a time), he hasn't played all that well for us. Decent dribbler, decent pace and a very hard worker, but his inability to look up and actually pick out a pass or cross in VERY frustrating in my opinion. If we get a small fee for him I'll be chuffed with that, last night proves we don't need him.

jimbo

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »

top post you must see what i see.hard worker but impossible to compose yorself at that speed

altybird

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 04:34:37 PM »

He's a player we've wanted for so long, and his performances have no doubt helped us out!

One minute we love him but as soon as he doesn't follow suit, he's 'no so good afterall'.

Rubbish!

He's a great player, his quick pace and ability to put himself out there... I can't fault the guy skill-wise.

Yeah - he's not our only good player, but he certainly makes a difference.

Who has heard Chris say he doesn't want to be at or play for Alty?

Last night was a good game - we really shone, but could we have made that score higher with help from Chrissy D? I think so...

Alty365

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »

Seriously though, you are his Mum aren't you?

jimbo

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

we could of lost with him aswell.hes not a team player very individual.

altybird

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »

Afraid not... but my wife has a bit of thing for him!

Longman

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »

We need to keep hold of him, simple as that.

Also it's a long season and we need as good a squad as we can have, a squad with Denham is better than one without!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:59:25 PM »

Based on the main site, Denham is going.

Oh well it was good while it lasted.

Still a pity they cannot resolve the issue.

Longman

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 11:30:01 PM »

I can't help feel that this could have been avoided somehow.  :(

It's a tricky one if Chris is saying that he is refusing to train when all the other players are agreeing as it does beg the question of his commitment to the club, we need a strong team spirit in order to survive this season and need all the players pulling together.  If Chris is refusing to train then I feel that yes that would be disruptive to the other players and is not good for team spirit etc.

However on the flip side should we have tried harder to bend to Chris in order to keep one of our best players?  Is it a reflection of GH's man management skills?  Somone else mentioned the fact that perhaps a better man manager would have resolved the issue.

prof

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »

This is silly. Three nights a week training, a full-time job, maybe a wife and kids; when are the players to get a life? Were the three nights training part of the original contract? If you want extra training extend the two sessions you've got already. Depending on where a player lives, there is also the extra petrol to consider.
Besides which, training on a Friday night rarely improves performance in the long term. in my experience.
Footballo is still only part of life.

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

Besides which, training on a Friday night rarely improves performance in the long term. in my experience.

Thank you Steve Burr!

altybird

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 10:05:36 AM »

This is silly. Three nights a week training, a full-time job, maybe a wife and kids; when are the players to get a life? Were the three nights training part of the original contract? If you want extra training extend the two sessions you've got already. Depending on where a player lives, there is also the extra petrol to consider.
Footballo is still only part of life.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

prof

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 10:07:36 AM »

Steve Burr doesn't go on internet forums, which is as well and he looks NOTHING like me. I promise.
Also, if he did, he wouldn't use a nom-de-plume Grahame.

ps..if you were to consider my points, my unbiased and objective points, carefully, you might be able to resolve this situation.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:12:36 AM by prof »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT