PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT  (Read 9299 times)

Alex

Re: DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 10:09:08 AM »

how do you know he doesn't?

prof

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 10:18:17 AM »

Because I met him twice and each time it was stated that he doesn't.He prefers not to be "swayed" by the opinions of others (especially the 600 frustrated and inexperienced football managers trying to run his team)but to make his own mind up, I think. He seems a decent guy.

Alex

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:14 AM »

he is (apart from the whole playing for m*cc and managing v*cs) wether they admit it or not all managers read these fourms trust me if a team is winning and doing well an ego just cannot resist

prof

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »

Again, that depends on what else is going on in their lives. Whether they are full-time, browsing from work as so many folk seem to get away with now. I'd fire half of them. I'm only doing it because I've retired and using my own equipment. Man/woman management involves so many issues and I think that most footall managers need to go back to basics on handling people before they even try to handle the football side. You get a player like Neil Redfearn (ex-Oldham,to make it more objective)- bright, knows his rights, believes in speaking his mind and some managers can't cope. They see him as a threat. The trick is to utilise his attributes. It all boils down to respect in the end.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »

Again, that depends on what else is going on in their lives. Whether they are full-time, browsing from work as so many folk seem to get away with now. I'd fire half of them. I'm only doing it because I've retired and using my own equipment. Man/woman management involves so many issues and I think that most footall managers need to go back to basics on handling people before they even try to handle the football side. You get a player like Neil Redfearn (ex-Oldham,to make it more objective)- bright, knows his rights, believes in speaking his mind and some managers can't cope. They see him as a threat. The trick is to utilise his attributes. It all boils down to respect in the end.

Which half? Why not the other half?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

prof

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »

The half that get paid good money (yours and mine) and  surf the internet all day.

Alex

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »

The half that get paid good money (yours and mine) and  surf the internet all day.

ah sales men  ;)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »

So is there a direct linear relationship between pay and conscientousness/productivity? If only it were so, but I think it's more likely to be an inverse relationship.

I'm just babbling for the sake of it now and we're getting way off topic, so I'll reel myself back in.

So, Denham, very hard to tell where who's telling the truth on this one as there appear to be differening stories coming out. I suspect, as with most of these things that the truth is somewhere between the two.

Whatever the truth it is an incredible shame that this could not have been sorted in some other way. There's no point in attracting players of his undoubted quality if you can't keep them.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

HeyAlty

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 05:45:01 PM »

Altybird your Denham's bird aren't you

Jenga

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »

If all players APART from Denham agree to train in fridays then as cancelling fridays training is not an option there is only one solution to the problem.

A real shame to be honest, but we all have to do things in life that we dont want to do like overtime. Can you imagine if your boss asked you to do regular overtime to keep the company going and you said no - how long would you last in your job?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »

Unless the Friday thing is going to be permanent - which I wouldn't imagine to be the case - I don't see what Denham's problem is really. Assuming that he really does want to stay and is committed to the club. It would be a nice gesture for him to agree to do it for a short period and for GH to publicly say that the Friday thing is short-term.

There. An acceptable compromise!

Oh, hang on, GH can't even apologise to the fans so he's not likely to do that is he?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 09:50:32 PM »

I reckon he's going to Barrow

lukealty12

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:17 PM »

Ive heard hes off to staylybridge

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »

Ive heard hes off to staylybridge

You've been writing Danylyk too much mate  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

lukealty12

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 09:58:51 PM »

Just heard information from probaly the most reliable source apart from staff that he is staying at alty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 DENHAM FUTURE IN DOUBT