PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham must take great credit
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Graham must take great credit  (Read 10124 times)

Alty365

« on: October 04, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »

Speaking as one of his biggest critics I want to publicly congratulate GH for the recent turnaround in our form. It's still very early days but if we can maintain the level of performance we've achieved recently we won't go far wrong.

Well done to Graham and all the lads, I'm delighted for all of you!

I'm currently raising a few beers to today's result, let's all enjoy it and then look to another big game on Tuesday night.

Come on Alty!!!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Graham must take great credit
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

Have a Goodwin!

Well done GH and team.

JT

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:49:52 PM »

Well done Graham, well done lads! I'm buzzing! So chuffed.  No more needs to be said apart from lets keep this going!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »

Speaking as one of his biggest critics I want to publicly congratulate GH for the recent turnaround in our form. It's still very early days but if we can maintain the level of performance we've achieved recently we won't go far wrong. Well done to Graham and all the lads, I'm delighted for all of you! I'm currently raising a few beers to today's result, let's all enjoy it and then look to another big game on Tuesday night. Come on Alty!!!!

You've taken quite a bit of stick lately, 365, so have a G for that  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

James Black

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 10:17:27 PM »

Well done Graham fantastic displays in the last four games now lets go get the next 6 points. Three players deserve individual praise for me and thats Elam,Stu and youngy

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 10:56:36 PM »

Speaking as one of his biggest critics I want to publicly congratulate GH for the recent turnaround in our form. It's still very early days but if we can maintain the level of performance we've achieved recently we won't go far wrong. Well done to Graham and all the lads, I'm delighted for all of you! I'm currently raising a few beers to today's result, let's all enjoy it and then look to another big game on Tuesday night. Come on Alty!!!!

You've taken quite a bit of stick lately, 365, so have a G for that  ;)

All the best to you Mr Saughall! The Caffreys is going down very nicely!  ;)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »

Have to say, I've always backed GH as the best man for the job in our budget, etc but was wavering after the poor start. The last few performances are the only way to answer those doubts and it's given the club a terrific boost. Hopefully critics may get off his back and there'll be no more embarrassing GH outbursts <<crosses fingers>> this season, as reports of his behaviour have given me serious cause for concern given the family club image we're trying for.

It's difficult, as a London exile, to know quite how things are going, getting most of my information second hand via here and the website, but I'll be at my second game of the seaon on Tuesday night so I'm hoping the run will continue. We were certainly back at our fighting best for the Rushden game on Setanta. Anyone feel a cup run coming on?
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »

As you know i was saying give the team time to gel and the results will start to come,thats what has happened,yes we will get a few blips where things wil go wrong thats bound to happen,but we are makig teams look very poor now.Well done to everyone involved.
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »

Alty365
Great email thread you have started, I have always been an avid supporter of Graham, his team and the board.

I know you and others have been critical of the team in the past so your email showed you are prepared to give credit where its due. I think Graham and the team deserve your comments and as I say I am glad to see them. I will add to that and say to Graham, Graham, the team and anybody else called Graham to keep up the good work.

From what I can see they have found a way of playing that suits them best, and is flexible. It is also producing results against good sides in the top half and as time goes by I think we will get even better. More shock results will come I am sure. Just in time for the start of the FA Cup.

I know that the management team will be disillusioned from what has happened in the past, but to be honest the club now have a chance to go onwards and upwards on what has happened to us now, so no changes at the top down please, and everybody keep up the good work you have done so far.

Thanks for the great entertainment so far, keep it up and well done to all!!

Steve from Sale

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »

I wonder if the furore that followed the Stevenage game is partly responsible for the recent change in our fortunes. Perhaps the realisation that the fans will not remain quiet and accepting for ever galvanised people into upping their act? The players now seem to want it and play for the proverbial shirt. If this is the case then a lot of good has come from a bit of rebellion. Good luck Alty and well done to all the players and the Grahams.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »

Well said SW, I think GH was already planning to get the lads moving, but the fans probably moved it forwards a bit?

Anyway well done to the whole staff at Alty for turning things around.  ;D

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 02:44:37 PM »

I wonder if the furore that followed the Stevenage game is partly responsible for the recent change in our fortunes. Perhaps the realisation that the fans will not remain quiet and accepting for ever galvanised people into upping their act? The players now seem to want it and play for the proverbial shirt. If this is the case then a lot of good has come from a bit of rebellion. Good luck Alty and well done to all the players and the Grahams.

Ridiculous post. Everyone jumps on the manager's back after a poor display. 'Heathcote out', 'he's an embarrassment' and various other stupid slogans banded around. Then when the managers turns it around after a poor start (and it was only a few games by the way) you try to claim credit for slagging the manager off! If the fans had acted disappointed without going nuts you think we'd be losing all these games we've won? Rubbish.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »

Ridiculous post. Everyone jumps on the manager's back after a poor display. 'Heathcote out', 'he's an embarrassment' and various other stupid slogans banded around. Then when the managers turns it around after a poor start (and it was only a few games by the way) you try to claim credit for slagging the manager off! If the fans had acted disappointed without going nuts you think we'd be losing all these games we've won? Rubbish.

Are you for real? Read it properly and then make your half considered comment. Who is claiming credit! It doesn't say that. Thanks for the Peake have one back you gormless tit.

thegazelle

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »

i am with SW on this one i think all the sh!t flying about has made either the players or graham or both realise that what we all actually wanted was a team that went at the opposition and also looked like it gave a damn about the outcome. from what i am told and the little i have seen the way we play makes us look like a different team to that team that rolled over and died at stevenage and kiddy .
there is no one happier than I to see the sudden upturn in fortunes and would love graham to be in charge as we grace the palyoffs (in a coupleof years)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »

Cheers Gazelle, he annoyed me he did!

Calming down now, mantric stuff and yoga.

Should that say "tantric" I dunno! Haha, perhaps not yet calm enough?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:17:13 PM by SW »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team