PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham must take great credit
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graham must take great credit  (Read 10065 times)

Jezza

Re: Graham must take great credit
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 03:34:51 PM »

I'm only an armchair football manager playing fan .......so I can't really say who deserves the credit.

But as the 'cote blamed the players previously I guess the players must take most of the credit.

The fans also recognised that this current form is what we were capable of so they seemed to know their onions.

I'd praise the 'cote however am reluctant to heap unwanted, ignorant and unwarranted comments at the manager..if I like it I'll pay me £12, if I don't I wont......I think that's what I'm supposed to do as a fan and am eternally grateful for being so advised.

Whoever is responsible can they please keep it up!

anglo alty

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »

JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT AN 88TH MINUTE WINNER AGAINST A WIN LESS CLUB CAN DO ALSO SHUTTING OUT MANSFIELD WHO HAVE SCORED IN EVERY GAME THIS SEASON FOR 90 MINUTES SHOULD HAVE WON AT RUSHDEN

Narcissist

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »

I wonder if the furore that followed the Stevenage game is partly responsible for the recent change in our fortunes. Perhaps the realisation that the fans will not remain quiet and accepting for ever galvanised people into upping their act? The players now seem to want it and play for the proverbial shirt. If this is the case then a lot of good has come from a bit of rebellion. Good luck Alty and well done to all the players and the Grahams.

Without a doubt, this had an effect. If we'd all sat back and acted like we were expecting it then the players would have been the same. We showed the club how much we believe in our own capability. Maybe it forced an attitude change, no more excuses, hard work and belief.

We know its hard work keeping the club going GG, but we love you for it, and it just goes to show that we were right all along. We do belong in this league, we can compete and we're grateful for you putting us back here! Our frustration was warranted and we couldnt have asked for any more in response!

thegazelle

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 09:35:27 AM »

have a goodwin for speaking sense.

How about we as a body of supporters put together a post/letter  to geof explaining how we feel because i think the above post sums my feelings up and those of the (dare i say)
majority on here. now all we need is someone who can write and we've cracked it

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »

Everyone jumps on the manager's back after a poor display. 'Heathcote out',

So it was one display over the past 3 seasons... Yeah those damn Alty fans being inpatient !!!!

Looks like it had the desired effect. Attacking football, players pulling their socks up and results coming our way. Hardly harmed the club did it ?

I say fair play to the management and players for doing something and using what happened in a positive way. I can't forget one thing from that day against Lewes but that doesn't effect me supporting the players and the club.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

I will add to that and say to Graham, Graham, the team and anybody else called Graham

I will second that. Well done to Graham, Graham and particularly Grahame! You've done a fantastic job, keep up the good work!

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 03:28:37 PM »

Looks like it had the desired effect. Attacking football, players pulling their socks up and results coming our way. Hardly harmed the club did it ?

The only way it could be argued to have had an effect is if the players weren't trying before that performance, then having seen the reaction of the fans started giving their all. Patently this is not true, since in the games I saw the players were always trying, although admittedly not always playing well.

Much more likely is that with a bit of time GH has found a starting XI and formation that works, coupled with the fact that the players are getting used to each other. I just think the whole fans reaction making the team better argument is daft. When did a team ever dramatically improve having been booed or slagged off?

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »

to try and drive the point home once again!!!!!

I think what i and many others are trying to say is that we had an attitude/ tactic of sitting back with ten players in our half and letting teams come on to us, trying to contain them and if we ever got hold of the ball then simply whack it aimlessly in the general direction of colin. we recognised that the players were better than that and even if they wernt we wanted the team to have a go because the above tactics were giving too much respect to most teams we play.(i personally felt let down by the lack off positivity in the football played)

In mY very humble opinion what most of the bellyaching and whinging did do was make graham aware that we were prepared to back the team as long as we had a go and somehwere along the line a descision was made to be more positive which low and behold has worked so far. Rushden was a classic example we would have gone there in the bad days and got battered 3 or 4 because we gave them too much respect.

i honestly believe the supporters did play a part in this change i was at kiddy where we were woeful but the fans still sang and sang and applauded the players at the end it must have made people think twice when even these fantastic loyal fans turned and if it didnt it fecking well should have!!!!!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 03:49:04 PM »

Before the 'outburst' by fans
WLDLDLLDL
and then drawing with a lowly club .. afterwards ...

WWDW and ATTACKING football with players looking confident

Disorganised team, Manager not watching the game, players looking lost, defensive formations,

When were the PLAYERS booed or slagged off ? I remember singing for them ALL game against Lewes and before then as well.

As I have always said it takes ALOT to upset alty fans to the extent of the Lewes game, I believe us to be the most realistic and patient fans there is about and I don't even think you can argue that ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:54:47 PM by gazwarrington »

Lew Needham

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »

I totally agree with Gary's last post that the fans reaction did have an affect and Graham and the management has taken note and its had a positive outcome.

However, I would congratulate Graham in coming up with the formation, we are lot more postivie but we are also not conceding. The formation acommodates all our best players except Johnson and Denham but they are great subs to have and if one of the front three gets injured I hope they will come in and grab their opporunity.The three centre half idea has been an amazing success along with the wing backs.

I really hope one bad result won't see the end of this formation. If we stick with it i honestly believe we will easily stay up and pick up some impressive scalps along the way.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 06:01:02 PM »

The reaction of the fans at Stevenage surprised me but then again I live down here and can't go every week. I was initially against the response but then again if I stuck my hand in my pocket to the extent lots on here do and got the same sh1t week in week out then I can understand why fans reacted like they did. I engaged in healthy debate on here about that game and the fans reaction, Alty 365 stuck his neck out and made a lot of sense. Not just him though, I saw loyal Alty fans at Stevenage who'd clearly had enough but who were previously not complainers.

My earlier post to which most have agreed suggests that the long patient fans retort signified the end of the old "well we do our best we are part time" and demanded that the new signings and revamped team actually went out there and did something. It may have worked, that is all. Unbeaten since and playing proper competitive football. Who knows if that was the reason, lets just be pleased that whatever, things have changed for the better.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hodgey

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »

And Graham must remember he is only as good as his last game ! lets not forget the poor results, the fighting, slagging off of the fans just yet!!!. We can be calling for his head just as fast as we have stopped if we slip back to our old ways.

BUT well played the team, the work rate and defending we have shown the last four games have been fantastic. Greg Young was immense on Saturday and the team are starting to click and it IS appreciated by the fans.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 08:44:34 AM »

The players not clapping the fans will live long in the memory.

Apart from that who can't be happy Graham has proved people (myself included) wrong. Its a WIN WIN for everyone at Alty.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham must take great credit