PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: FA Cup..  (Read 34744 times)

Jacko

Re: FA Cup..
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »

Can i just say that this is the most entertaining forum around and its probebly beceuse of these moss rose cretins, how much do we pay them!

Silky

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2006, 10:53:32 AM »

It looks like Chelsea will be donating their share of the gate money to the Silkmen, this week is getting better and better.   :-*

teasybeaver

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2006, 11:03:38 AM »

Spot the people with an IQ of less than a sprout.

Good comeback. Cutting.

Well done.

Your dad would be proud of you if you knew who he was.

Do you know him? Mum did say somethin about the milkman?

Has your dad forgiven you yet for being the biggest waste of a wank he ever had?

Jacko

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2006, 11:19:25 AM »

is that all you silkys have to chat about this season, a sodding payout from a tornament which to be quite frank you have been very lucky to get this fixture from, you lot realy are a dead bunch of sheep shagging sloths!

silkyman

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2006, 11:52:02 AM »

Better than descending immediately into childish insults like you lot.

Must be stunning repartee on here when we're not around with intelligence and wit like this knocking about.

Yep, we were lucky to draw Chelsea. That's how cup draws work. It's something we in the educated world call 'random' meaning that any result is 'lucky' or 'unlucky' depending on your point of view. Last time we were in the Third Round we were away at Swansea. This may be construed as 'unlucky' but as we make the third round pretty much every other year at the moment, we weren't too fussed about it.

But lucky or not...

We're going to enjoy it.

teasybeaver

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »

Your welcome to your big game, and by god will you need it. All the money in the world won't stop you struggling this season and the money won't last forever, if you perform the miracle this season do you think you'll carry it off next season?

How much of this money will get past your debts and ince's pocket? I doubt much will translate to the squad and thats where you need it, face it mate in 5 years time when your just another conference club there might be 27 macc fans who still bark on about stamford bridge but the other 1200 will remember the dire season when you finished your little flirt with the football league.

1200? cant believe i was that generous with the numbers but you know.

silkyman

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2006, 03:40:07 PM »

Your welcome to your big game, and by god will you need it. All the money in the world won't stop you struggling this season and the money won't last forever, if you perform the miracle this season do you think you'll carry it off next season?

How much of this money will get past your debts and ince's pocket? I doubt much will translate to the squad and thats where you need it, face it mate in 5 years time when your just another conference club there might be 27 macc fans who still bark on about stamford bridge but the other 1200 will remember the dire season when you finished your little flirt with the football league.

1200? cant believe i was that generous with the numbers but you know.

You mean like the handful of Alty fans who continue to bang on about your former FA cup heyday?

Anyway, of course all the money in the world won't stop us struggling (partly thanks to Mr Blater's flipping transfer window) but it might well ensure that our struggle is a success. Or at least build us a side who finishes the season strongly and sets us up to bounce straight back next season if we do come and join you down there for a season.

And if we do pull it off this year, why shouldn't we carry it off next season. We've managed 10 years so far. If we get through this crisis why can't we last another 10. Or another after that.

But what are these debts that you lot keep going on about? The only debt we have is continued repayments to the FA, which have been budgetted for this season and part of the reason we are struggling. As that money is already arranged in the accounts, anything extra will be a bonus. The money we still owe the FA is even covered by the TV money and prize money from the first two rounds let alone what we will make from Chelsea.

And why would any of it go into Ince's pocket over and above his salary. How much do you think we are paying him> He came here looking for a first chance in management, not to line his pockets.

markecky

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »

Are you still here?  I was listening to you until you said  that Paul ince isn't on a good wage, he is doing it for experience.  Surely you don't actually believe that?

silkyman

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »

Oh, he's not doing it for absolute peanuts, but I've been led to believe that he's on less than our last two full time managers.

And we had his salary in the budget well before we got the FA ?Cup run so I'm not sure how it could all vanish into his pockets as was suggested.

bragginrights

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2006, 06:35:44 PM »

Im a United fan.

(im sure you'll all tell me to piss off etc etc)...boring.

Point is, Macc Town have got Incey as gaffer and Chelsea in the FA cup....nuff said.

And i dont really like either of you.

teasybeaver

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2006, 06:38:10 PM »

Oh, he's not doing it for absolute peanuts, but I've been led to believe that he's on less than our last two full time managers.

And we had his salary in the budget well before we got the FA ?Cup run so I'm not sure how it could all vanish into his pockets as was suggested.

Is it the same sort of budget that you had sorted last time? You seem to have a lot of faith in the people in control of the clubs finances, hope you don't come across any more bogus invoices.

Wait for it, he'll be back with more tripe about the old regime next. I think there's a bit of fluff on your pants from last night silky, how's your foot and mouth?

teasybeaver

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:59 PM »

Im a United fan.

(im sure you'll all tell me to piss off etc etc)...boring.

Point is, Macc Town have got Incey as gaffer and Chelsea in the FA cup....nuff said.

And i dont really like either of you.

Won't tell you to piss off but it does beg the question what are you doing here anyway then? Good luck in the derby tomorrow Hank, enjoy the journey back down to London if you were lucky enough to get that ticket that always seems to elude all those Man U fans.

It is really hard to get a ticket for Old Trafford though isn't it, honestly!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2006, 10:29:45 PM »

As I am rather bored I feel compelled to join the cut and thrust of this debate.

The first thing I will comment on is this:

Well done on taking a good following to Workington on a Tuesday night. But we’re well aware of our limitations when it comes to supporters. When it gets to four or five months since the last win, it can tend to drag. I go, but a lot don’t. Some people have drifted away from home games. Fair enough. You’ve got us on that. Enjoy the hollow victory that gives you.

Against the accusation that Macc have crap crowds (in comparison to many other football league clubs) our Macclesfield friend admits that this is true, and quite admirably holds his hands up to the charge. Normally one would be forced to say well done old chap for realising your limitations in this area, however he then goes on to tarnish this commendable action by claiming that what has been achieved is a 'hollow victory'. This struck me as fairly odd, as what is hollow about it? Silkyman doesn't explain why it is hollow, just defines it as such. Macclesfield have been accused of having poor crowds and he himself admitted that this is down to their smallish fan base, in terms of victory it seems a solid straight forward one.

To illustrate this point further I thought that perhaps it would be an idea to provide a real example of a 'hollow victory' and by pure chance silkyman has provided me with this opportunity (what luck!).

Many of his retorts up to now have focussed on Altrincham never having played league football and the fact that Macclesfield have. This is evidenced in the following posts:

1,400 against Rochdale with about 300(ish) Rochdale .. WELL DONE

1,400 more people watching a Football League game than you will EVER have. EVER.

and

might be a printing error but the paper says your attendance yesterday was 1992??

Yes it was.

1992 people watching two football League sides.

The thrust behind these comments is that Altrincham have never played in the Football League. Fair enough, we haven't and one cannot argue too much against this devastating charge. But the question we have to ask is when fans of teams playing higher up the period use taunts regarding what level of football their opponents or rivals have played at, what exactly is the basis of such a jibe? Well, quite clearly it is along the lines of 'Ha Ha Ha, you have never been good enough to get promoted to this level'. And it is here that the retort breaks down. It breaks down because as we all know the Altrincham side of the early eighties was good enough to play league football and it was only due to a corrupt and deeply unfair system that they were not able to do so. What this means is that the basis of all retorts and jibes based on Macclesfield playing in the Football League and Altrincham not is merely a reference to how we were unfortunate enough to be denied by a corrupt system and Macclesfield weren't (when they were promoted). Therefore when we really boil things down, such as in this instance, it is clear that 'the Football League issue' is a hollow victory as the reason why it should be insulting simply does not apply to Altrincham, as such it is a victory in nothing but name.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 11:39:40 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Penistone Robin

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2006, 12:07:16 AM »

Best post in this thread i'd say.  It was needed as well because the jokes about mothers were really quite embarrassing. 

My main reason for wanting to see Macclesfield relegated is not hatred of them, but the anticipation of the good games (and crowds) the derbies would produce.

Bias aside i expect them to be relegated this season, but Ince to at least take them down fighting.  Not sure about Ince playing in the FA Cup, mut be a huge shot to the morale of the player he replaces, who has got them through the last couple of rounds.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2006, 09:15:07 AM »

Indeed. If Macc do manage to stay up I too would be suprised, tho they have got away with it after looking doomed in the recent past. Of course we need to as well to get those derbies back, which isn't looking too promising on current form. The problem is you get all these kids on, most of whom can't have ever seen a serious Macc-Alty fixture chatting complete guff because they get the chance to play Chelsea's reserve team. Regardless of this tie, Macclesfield as I'm sure they know will take 6000 down to West London then be back for about 1800ish the Saturday after which is the underlying problem and why on Confguide they are always looked upon as a Non League team after what 10 years in the league now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup..