PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: FA Cup..  (Read 34829 times)

Silkyman

Re: FA Cup..
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2006, 09:47:34 AM »

Oh, he's not doing it for absolute peanuts, but I've been led to believe that he's on less than our last two full time managers.

And we had his salary in the budget well before we got the FA ?Cup run so I'm not sure how it could all vanish into his pockets as was suggested.

Is it the same sort of budget that you had sorted last time? You seem to have a lot of faith in the people in control of the clubs finances, hope you don't come across any more bogus invoices.

Wait for it, he'll be back with more tripe about the old regime next. I think there's a bit of fluff on your pants from last night silky, how's your foot and mouth?

Well that was all because of the old regime, and because the FA went through our finances with a fine toothed comb for two and a half years, I get the feeling there are no other skeletons in the closet.

The problems we faced last year and the financial situation now are not related in any way. The problems of last year had nothing to do with the playing side in the slightest.

Those things all occured more than a year before the current owners even arrived at the club.

I wish people would read into some of the facts before passing inane comments.

silkyman

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2006, 09:55:52 AM »

Stuff that I won't repeat here because it just clutters up the board to have quotes of quotes and that...

It's a hollow victory because, and I don't like 'gate' arguments, the people who only had that to say were ignoring the fact that the gate they were so amused by, was significantly higher than your highest of the season. It would be the same as me laughing at colchester for their crowds. Pointless. We've had a fortnight of stockport fans banging on about it on our boards. Just like last year when we beat them 6-0 and they went on about the gate for months! tres amusant.

The comments about the Football League were meant to be as pointless as the 'ha ha you've got no fans' posts.

Incidentally, I know all about the corrupt system that kept you down. (We also got done over by the cartel they used to have up here) One of the reasons I would LOVE to see Rochdale get relegated is the way some of them actually revel in the fact they bribed people to be in the League. They think they are innately superior to anyone who has ever played non-League football. (Even Wigan FFS)

If we send them down, I'll be delighted. If we go down and happen to take them with us, then I would be pleased that they were along for the ride.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2006, 12:31:13 PM »

Yes I do wnat Macc to come down obviously, but there's a reet selection of teams to get relegated from league 2 that I'd be more than satisfied to see. Primarikly I think i'd just like 2 north west clubs (but not Bury as i think that would be then end of them).

p.s. Silkyman, just be careful up there in the ivory towers you're accustomed to, maybe the cup run will give you a bigger budget to bounce back with should you come down, but the relative sub 2000 support make sme think you'll do a Rushden/Cambridge/Kidderminster rather than a Shrewsbury/Carlisle/Oxford. If you come down, this league will eat you up, it ain't what it used to be.

p.p.s. If you've got money I think you shouldve broke the bank to get Stabby back as he wouldve kept you up, no doubt.

p.p.p.s. Tinson was excellent again for burton last week

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »

Stuff that I won't repeat here because it just clutters up the board to have quotes of quotes and that...

It's a hollow victory because, and I don't like 'gate' arguments, the people who only had that to say were ignoring the fact that the gate they were so amused by, was significantly higher than your highest of the season. It would be the same as me laughing at colchester for their crowds. Pointless. We've had a fortnight of stockport fans banging on about it on our boards. Just like last year when we beat them 6-0 and they went on about the gate for months! tres amusant.

The comments about the Football League were meant to be as pointless as the 'ha ha you've got no fans' posts.

Incidentally, I know all about the corrupt system that kept you down. (We also got done over by the cartel they used to have up here) One of the reasons I would LOVE to see Rochdale get relegated is the way some of them actually revel in the fact they bribed people to be in the League. They think they are innately superior to anyone who has ever played non-League football. (Even Wigan FFS)

If we send them down, I'll be delighted. If we go down and happen to take them with us, then I would be pleased that they were along for the ride.

i would love to rochdale go down i cant stand them , one vote thing and they have always been in bottom league

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2006, 04:58:55 PM »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »

It's a hollow victory because, and I don't like 'gate' arguments, the people who only had that to say were ignoring the fact that the gate they were so amused by, was significantly higher than your highest of the season. It would be the same as me laughing at colchester for their crowds. Pointless.

The criticism was that you have poor crowds compared to the rest of the football league. I agree that if Altrincham were also in the Football League and were achieving similar crowds then this would be a rather odd thing to mention.

However as Altrincham have never played in the Football League (as you so like to remind us) there is no way to achieve a direct comparison. The dubious honour that we have never played in the League therefore allows us to criticise, solidly, at will. ;)

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup..