PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 when do ITV choose their games
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: when do ITV choose their games  (Read 12307 times)

James Black

when do ITV choose their games
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »

just wondered if anyone knew when the Television games are decided unlike last year i think we've got to be in contention this time round luton cash strapped our history in this competition it has cup upset written all over it.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: when do ITV choose their games
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »

It won't be finalised til after all the replays are done in midweek. I'd suggest that AFC Wimbledon vs Wycombe is absolutely nailed on to be the main Sunday afternoon game though.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »

just wondered if anyone knew when the Television games are decided unlike last year i think we've got to be in contention this time round luton cash strapped our history in this competition it has cup upset written all over it.

Your game hasn't a chance of being on, trust me. It will most likely be the AFCW and Havant ties for a start.

Setanta will be screening two first round ties, to be played on Friday 7th November and Monday 10th November. ITV's solitary first round game will be on the more sensible day of Sunday 9th.

Setanta will be waiting until they decide who they are televising in the FA Cup before announcing their next batch of BSP games, expected to be announced in a couple of days.

James Black

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »

Your game hasn't a chance of being on, trust me. It will most likely be the AFCW and Havant ties for a start.

Setanta will be screening two first round ties, to be played on Friday 7th November and Monday 10th November. ITV's solitary first round game will be on the more sensible day of Sunday 9th.

Setanta will be waiting until they decide who they are televising in the FA Cup before announcing their next batch of BSP games, expected to be announced in a couple of days.

well they'll miss a cup upset then

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »

I think its got a chance as some exposure for Luton. They were on Football focus yesterday so media attention is high.

Altho the the big banner of "You can stick your 30 points up your FA" wouldn't go down well ... he he

Least both sets of fans hate the FA :)

markecky

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »

Chris Vessey has said we don't have a chance of being on so we should stop this conversation right now.  Or ask him first.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »

Damm well better not be a weekday night. I'm looking forward to this!

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »

Chris Vessey has said we don't have a chance of being on so we should stop this conversation right now.  Or ask him first.

Awww diddums. Ok then, we'll see, won't we!

crossie

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 10:21:11 PM »

BBC will probably show all goals and match highlights on MOTD. They did last year and as im sure you are all aware our game was the feature lenght highlights game after the premiership games.
But you know what these tv compainies are like they wont give a toss about a team from up north, they will no dout chose the southen non league sides like AFCW and Havant.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

It's nothing to do with Southern bias, yet more Altrincham paranoia.. they're simply the most attractive ties to put on tele.

AFC Wimbledon have risen from the ashes of having their club killed and made it to the first round for the first time ever, and drawn league opposition, it's a 'fairytale'. H&W became a household name last season, renowned for their cup run and defeating league opposition - they have that chance again, so they could be picked for tv.

Luton v Altrincham won't capture the imagination of your average armchair bum, it's just a team who have had points deducted in a home banker against an average part-time non league team. That's looking at it realistically, nothing to do with agenda's, vendetta's or Southern bias etc etc..

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 11:01:01 PM »

Hmm, I'm not so sure of this one Chris.

We have a history in the FA cup of beating 16 or is it 17 teams from the league, even though not so much recently. Alty have always been good FA cup battlers while Luton struggle with their points deduction at the bottom of the table. The situation of the two clubs could be very attractive to TV companies, who like nothing more than a giant killing. Even though it is by no means a David V Goliath situation it is still an interesting one given Altys history and Lutons current situation.

Whether or not the TV companies go for it remains to be seen, but I certainly think they will give it the consideration it deserves.

We shall see

Steve from Sale

RocketDan

James Black

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 11:09:02 PM »

It's nothing to do with Southern bias, yet more Altrincham paranoia.. they're simply the most attractive ties to put on tele.

AFC Wimbledon have risen from the ashes of having their club killed and made it to the first round for the first time ever, and drawn league opposition, it's a 'fairytale'. H&W became a household name last season, renowned for their cup run and defeating league opposition - they have that chance again, so they could be picked for tv.

Luton v Altrincham won't capture the imagination of your average armchair bum, it's just a team who have had points deducted in a home banker against an average part-time non league team. That's looking at it realistically, nothing to do with agenda's, vendetta's or Southern bias etc etc..
[/quot

if were average i'd hate to play a good one go back to your forum this is called Alty fans forum

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 11:11:26 PM »

Giant Killer Games
AFC Wimbledon v Wycombe Wanderers

AFC Hornchurch v Peterborough United

Leicester City v Stevenage/Horsham

Big Tie
Leeds United v Northampton Town

potential derby
Chesterfield v York City/Mansfield Town

decman7