PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 when do ITV choose their games
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: when do ITV choose their games  (Read 12309 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: when do ITV choose their games
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »

In fairness to Setanta, that wasn't actually their first choice.  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:56 PM »

It's reported on conf forum that Setanta have chosen the Tranmere-Accrington replay. That'll really pull in crowds of armchair viewers.
If it was on in my back garden I'd close the curtains etc...

Hopefully Ryan Shotton will score against them if Stoke let him play. Better still Accrington win then get kicked out for playing ineligible player.
They really should be beating teams like us

fuertes

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »

I wasn't complaining about the original choices; Leeds are the biggest club outside the Prem, people are interested in Havant after last year's exploits, and the AFC Wimbledon phoenix from the flames first ever appearance blah blah is fair enough.

However, I CANNOT fathom why they have chosen Tranmere vs Accrington. I bet only 4,500 turn up and it looks ridiculous on telly, empty seats everywhere and two teams that aren't particularly excited to be in FACR1.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 10:38:19 AM »

The Luton game will not be on the telly then:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/FirstRoundreplay_tvties_2.htm

Two replays, not a single non-league side featured.

fuertes

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »

Northampton vs Leeds on twice...that is an absolute joke. There should be a rule against that.

1. The FA Cup First Round is all about non-leaguers hoping to cause an upset.
2. Why should these teams get the money for being on telly twice when plenty of other clubs get nowt!?

DISGRACEFUL.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »

The Luton game will not be on the telly then:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/FirstRoundreplay_tvties_2.htm

Two replays, not a single non-league side featured.

That's a pretty uninspiring choice of games. Obviously viewing figures are Setanta's main criteria, hence choosing Dirty Leeds, but I can't see many neutrals being interested in either of those games.
You'll have to make sure that Rocky gets his love bus serviced this weekend ready for the trip north next Tuesday.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

crossie

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2008, 12:18:07 PM »

Im not saying our game should have been first choice to be on the TV, but Leeds v Northampton on twice is a complete joke. I watched part of the game on friday night, all i can say is it was not the best game iv ever seen, and the majority of the ground was half empty, with know atmosphere! What makes the situation worse is both clubs will have recieved cash for the tie being on tv! There are other clubs who have 1st round replays who need the cash more then they do!
I have to agree with a previous comment on the subject that the 1st round is all about the non-league sides trying to cause an up set! A few years ago we had Chase Town on the box agaist a league club, and so to were Harrogate Town.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 12:27:40 PM »

Im not saying our game should have been first choice to be on the TV, but Leeds v Northampton on twice is a complete joke. I watched part of the game on friday night, all i can say is it was not the best game iv ever seen, and the majority of the ground was half empty, with know atmosphere! What makes the situation worse is both clubs will have recieved cash for the tie being on tv! There are other clubs who have 1st round replays who need the cash more then they do!
I have to agree with a previous comment on the subject that the 1st round is all about the non-league sides trying to cause an up set! A few years ago we had Chase Town on the box agaist a league club, and so to were Harrogate Town.

Chasetown and Harrogate were on the BBC, where chasing ratings isn't the over-riding factor. Now that Setanta are involved, and ratings are all that matters, then I suspect we'll see every Leeds game in the 1st or 2nd round televised live.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 when do ITV choose their games