News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton prices

Author Topic: Luton prices  (Read 2524 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Luton prices
« on: November 04, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »

Seems allot of Luton fans are angry  at the £20 entrance fee for Sat and are boycotting the game, does anyone know if it was us who wouldn’t let them lower the prices ?
http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/index.html?1225831218#1225828200

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Luton prices
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:15 PM »

According to this post it was: http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/msg/1225829111.html

...but for then entirely reasonable reason that if we agreed to a drop, we would have to make the smae percentage drop for any replay. Given that a replay would likely be a sell-out, that would have been an unreasonable request.

Alty did agree to the kids promotion - can't really say fairer than that.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:09:15 PM »

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Take 30 seconds to do the working out of the maths, even if gates receipts were split 3 ways beteen Luton, us and the FA I'd love a wage bill like that.

They may want to milk it for all it's worth but given the number of us who can't afford it and those that can't justify the price, are Altrincham shooting themselves in the foot.

Surely a 7,000 crowd at £15 a head is better for all parties than 4,000 at £20; potentially a full weeks wages for their squad if those attendance figures were the case.

:o

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:48:57 PM »

I hope none of them go, there players run out to zero support and we smash 'em

Its the FA Cup not the Bob Lord Trophy...I usually check the prices to see if they have gone up a quid not down.

Really cannot see what the problem is with paying the usual admission fee for them. 

And then they seem baffled why we wouldn't want to charge £6 for the replay?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:12:46 AM »

I think the question should be Why are they charging £20 to get into League games? The FA rules are crap. If the home club wants to reduce prices to attract supporters it should be allowed to. As long as both clubs agreed to it. It there wasn't this F.A. rule that if prices are reduced in the first tie, then they should be reduced in the replay. Then it would be probably be cheaper at Luton. It just like that stupid Cheshire Senior Cup rule where the home club have to charge normal admission price and are not permitted to reduce prices. As Will Carling once said" too many old farts running the game"
They really should be beating teams like us
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton prices