PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO fans travelling to FGR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: FAO fans travelling to FGR  (Read 22542 times)

Sledge

« on: November 07, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »

Hi
For those making the trip next Saturday, you may be interested in our pre-match meals in the bar. They have proved very popular this season and are very good value for money. They cost only £3, and recently have consisted of a large plate of sausage, mash and onion gravy, though cottage pie is occasionally served. Good beers and lagers also. Come early, we're often sold out of food by about 2-15 (and I want to be on the terrace by kick-off).

This has been going on for some time but the new Supporters Trust (incl. me) are trying to increase business.

Of course, the usual food refreshments are available in the ground

Now then, for those who are still boycotting our hospitality for historical reasons, please note that the pub some of you have used before, down that side hill off the main hill to the ground (Jovial Forester) is under new management and doesn't open till 4pm on Saturdays. Other than that it's the pub(s) in town but they don't do food like ours.

Wherever you end up, enjoy the trip.

markecky

Re: FAO fans travelling to FGR
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:13:17 PM »

Thanks for that.

I'll take a flask and sandwiches

Sledge

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:29:23 PM »

Thanks for that.

Harsh. At least buy some sausage and mash for your whippet.  ;)

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:40:57 PM »

Rather starve than give penny more than I have to any club that employs Colin Peake.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »

We'll sort ourselves out thank you.

You just eat your hearts out when we come back home with the three points  8)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sledge

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 10:28:35 PM »

Sorry, forgot to mention it's also Kids Go Free for home and away fans (limited to a maximum of two children with each paying adult)
We always lose KGF games, by the way.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »

You'll be alright on Saturday. We've already used up our full quota of 2 away wins south of Birmingham this season.

fgrfan

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »

Thanks for that.

absoluetly fine if you want to do that also. can i recommend coaley peak - park in your car, eat your sandwiches and look out across some of the best views in gloucestershire - its about a 8 to 10 minute drive from the ground. do take advantage of the kids go free offer though - great to be able to get 2 kids in for free to watch BSP games.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 08:17:55 PM »

absoluetly fine if you want to do that also. can i recommend coaley peak

No relation of Colin I hope.

fgrfan

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »

absoluetly fine if you want to do that also. can i recommend coaley peak

No relation of Colin I hope.

no because its a picnic park.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »

not that i'm going due to work but is there a chance that our lads and lasses travelling to your sh*t hole get some cover on saturday as last season it pissed it down and we got no consideration atall about cover. Not that were bothered cause were Northerners were not soft but it would nice to be offered it.

Come on Alty put Tuesday to the back of your mind and lets get these tossers beat

Welcome back Val

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »

Rather starve than give penny more than I have to any club that employs Colin Peake.

But you're still going to give them £12 in admission fees? I bet Peake is heartbroken at the thought of you not buying a pint in their supporters club then. If you don't want to give them any money, just don't go to the game. It doesn't work by halves.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 08:28:15 AM »

Cos thats called cutting your nose off to spite your face and means Alty won't have the support they need and deserve. Still support Alty but give as little as can to that pathetic club. Urge everyone to get in as cheap as possible and spend as little as possible.

Forest Greens' a f*ckin joke
I hope the ground goes up in smoke

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 08:58:21 AM »

But you're still going to give them £12 in admission fees? I bet Peake is heartbroken at the thought of you not buying a pint in their supporters club then. If you don't want to give them any money, just don't go to the game. It doesn't work by halves.

Why have you become the biggest troll in town? Do you spend all evening telling your mate how much you love winding people up on the alty forum?

I'm being generous with my imagination there too.

"Lets just not go to the game, Vessey's right as always, lets just not go, we're doing it by halves. Peakes laughing at us, so is Vessey, I cant handle this, its too much, lets just not go."

markecky

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 10:46:13 AM »

Who the f**k asked you?

I'd go to the game to watch my team thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team