PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO fans travelling to FGR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: FAO fans travelling to FGR  (Read 22524 times)

ChrisVessey CUFC

Re: FAO fans travelling to FGR
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »

Not trolling at all. Genuine question. I've never jeard of people 'half-boycotting' things.

I just find it strange people are preaching about not spending money at FGR, yet then two seconds later happily part with £12 or whatever to watch the game. £12 to watch a game yet boycott a £1 pastie or 50p chocolate bar? Doesn't make sense to me, really. If you want to make a proper stand against FGR don't go to the game and donate your admission fee and travel money to the supporters trust/youth team/general running of the club etc...

I wonder if some vegetarians eat bacon but not beef, for whatever reason...

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »

He said a penny more than he has to. And he feels he has to go to the game, to give support to the lads etc.

Its really that simple, or are you just a f**king retard?

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »

Come on, you already know the answer to that  :D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:36 PM »

Now then, for those who are still boycotting our hospitality for historical reasons, please note that the pub some of you have used before, down that side hill off the main hill to the ground (Jovial Forester) is under new management and doesn't open till 4pm on Saturdays.

Hmm, that's a shame, nice oub that. I'm sure if Alty fans going to the game phoned the Jovial Forresters on 01453 835 018 to tell them that we all want to go there they'd be prepared to open up 2 hours earlier, especially as England v Australia in the rugby is on.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »

He said a penny more than he has to. And he feels he has to go to the game, to give support to the lads etc.

No need for that, really. It was a genuine question, which he failed to answer, instead he just got abusive. We obviously have different views on boycotting (or half-boycotting in this case!) and i was genuinely interested in why someone would do that.

Myself for instance, will not be attending Histon away on New Years Day, for various reasons. As someone who attends every single Cambridge game, i'm sure just this once the team could manage without my support! I will instead be splitting what i would have spent that day between Cambridge Fans United and Cambridge Regional College, which is our youth side.

Whilst i can sort of understand his reasoning, if i felt that strongly about a club, then missing one solitary game wouldn't hurt. And another thing, the result and performance of Altrincham FC and Cambridge United on those two days will certainly not be determined as to whether Mark or myself attend our respective games or not, as much as we all like to think it might do!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »

It would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. Personally, I'd want to go and cheer the lads on so that we can give Peakey a bloody nose. As it is I'm in London for a 30th bday but this is a game I'm not fussed about missing as I won't be giving them any money at all.

Likewise, Grays and Mick Woodward in particular were very generous to us. Whilst I wouldn't make an extra special effort to go, if I did I'd buy a pie, pint, programme, raffle ticket, golden goal etc, in the true friendly spirit of non league football that I grew up on.

Colin Peake can protest his innocence as much as he likes, he had a job and financial pressure to do what he had, so in some ways fair enough. However his conduct was far from becoming of the spirit that I have mentioned, as such I don't see why I ought to reciprocate it.

If I though I could sneak in without paying then I would on this occasion, however you can't so £13(?) is the price to pay to watch ALty at FGR, it shouldn't be any more than that.

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »

No need for that, really. It was a genuine question, which he failed to answer, instead he just got abusive. We obviously have different views on boycotting (or half-boycotting in this case!) and i was genuinely interested in why someone would do that.

Myself for instance, will not be attending Histon away on New Years Day, for various reasons. As someone who attends every single Cambridge game, i'm sure just this once the team could manage without my support! I will instead be splitting what i would have spent that day between Cambridge Fans United and Cambridge Regional College, which is our youth side.

Whilst i can sort of understand his reasoning, if i felt that strongly about a club, then missing one solitary game wouldn't hurt. And another thing, the result and performance of Altrincham FC and Cambridge United on those two days will certainly not be determined as to whether Mark or myself attend our respective games or not, as much as we all like to think it might do!

Retard was a bit strong. I would have settled for bell end.

Its not about one person Vessey, if so I would counter that your 30 quid from Histon away wont make an ounce of difference to Camebridge's funds. Whatever the ammount, its pointless peanuts. You might as well attend the game or stay at home and watch a-team. That arguement is remedial at best.

We want to watch our team, we want to support them, they publically came out and said that our support helped them on the pitch at luton. They need all the help they can get. Its not about you and mark, its about a group of fans supporting 11 players from alty, unfortunately at Forest Green. Mark, GW and all other alty fans want to be part of that group. We wont lavish money on the club, we'll boycott all extra streams of revenue, not because it will make a difference, because thats we want to do, and we have a good reason to support our actions.

If that isnt clear enough for you then you could possibly be retarded chris so just give it a f**king rest.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 04:10:47 PM »

Now isn't that a bit better explaining it like that instead the insults (well, except for the veiled ones!)?

Just to pick up on something what you said, about players saying the support at Luton helped them, well.... every team's players say that! Just as every team is that particular best club they've ever played, best fans they've seen etc etc..

I'm sure it's lovely for the players to hear their fans singing, but when it comes the crunch, it doesn't help them thread that through-ball that bit more accurately, or shoot that bit better on target. We have one of the best supports in the division with regards to volume and numbers, and have done for years, but it hasn't stopped us being consistently sh*t on the road!

fgrfan

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 05:17:44 PM »

not that i'm going due to work but is there a chance that our lads and lasses travelling to your sh*t hole get some cover on saturday as last season it pissed it down and we got no consideration atall about cover. Not that were bothered cause were Northerners were not soft but it would nice to be offered it.

Come on Alty put Tuesday to the back of your mind and lets get these tossers beat

Welcome back Val

yes you are put in a seated stand with cover. and please do not describe our ground as a sh*thole considering your own ground.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

[quote author=fgrfan link=topic=6953.msg70093#msg70093 date=1226510264

yes you are put in a seated stand with cover. and please do not describe our ground as a sh*thole considering your own ground.
[/quote

Our ground has character and history yours has fekk all.
]
Full time and proud of it

fgrfan

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »

so? it takes time to build up that history when you move to a new ground. our old ground had character and a lot of history also. and what does fekk mean?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »

so? it takes time to build up that history when you move to a new ground. our old ground had character and a lot of history also. and what does fekk mean?

Older grounds have developed over many years, they get a feeling of character even if it is a bit quirky and possibly out of date in areas. Most modern stadia are purpose built from scratch, are identical apart from detail to many others, and have little scope for alteration or personalisation. Our place holds over 6,000, most under cover, it does us and should we ever progress will be fit for purpose at least for the short term.

And, if you don't know what the guy means by "fekk" well really..............l
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »

Now isn't that a bit better explaining it like that instead the insults (well, except for the veiled ones!)?

Just to pick up on something what you said, about players saying the support at Luton helped them, well.... every team's players say that! Just as every team is that particular best club they've ever played, best fans they've seen etc etc..

I'm sure it's lovely for the players to hear their fans singing, but when it comes the crunch, it doesn't help them thread that through-ball that bit more accurately, or shoot that bit better on target. We have one of the best supports in the division with regards to volume and numbers, and have done for years, but it hasn't stopped us being consistently sh*t on the road!

I really do despair. But i'll try again in any case. 350 fans singing at the top of their voices for 90 minutes against running out to only a home crowd no presence of your own support. When the team run out they see the away fans, they get a reminder of the importance, they get encouragement and 350 reasons more to put in a performence and are reminded of this for the whole game. The adreneline pumps and its game on.

When alty run out at forest green there will not be 350, there will be the usual 100 giving it everything they can, as passionate as ever. Take them away and it will effect the team. No, that through ball will not suddenly fashion itself in premiership fashion, thats not the point. Its a team effort, the fans are part of the team, we have an effect whether good or bad.

You will now come out with a ludicrous piece about how a player only plays for money or some such diatribe and I will consider whether or not to reply and finally decide that i'll be better off watching a wildlife programme and imagining life as a pereguin falcon.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »

Agreed totally OGC, thing is they would never know would they?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »

Mr Vessy does your forum not work or something. Plus no one on here tells you what to do when you go away to other teams presuming that you do. But when you understand how i and other Die hard alty fans feel about what mr peake and co put us through a couple of seasons back then you'll understand.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FAO fans travelling to FGR