News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Predictions for Satdee

Author Topic: Predictions for Satdee  (Read 6256 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Predictions for Satdee
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:19:21 PM »

Right people lets hear them, mines 1-1 we will take the lead like @ grays but ultimatly we will draw, big val to make it three in three

Alty Rock God

Re: Predictions for Satdee
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

2-1 to Alty, after going 2-0 up.  Nail biting finish.  Col and Rod to score.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:27:13 PM »

1-0 to the mighty Robins.

That first vital away win of the season when we need it most!

See, I'm always the optimist!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 03:23:49 PM »

Hoping for a win, were due one.

Colin and Rod for me.

No Karl will be a problem?

harriers fan

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 03:33:35 PM »

id imagine you will win, we only play well against the good sides who play football, and our home form has been terrible.

so far we have beaten dagenham 3-1 (a), gravesend 3-1 (a), grays 2-1 (h), and morecombe 1-0 (a), drew to oxford 0-0 (h) exeter 1-1 (a) and burton 1-1 (a)

but we have lost 3-1 to st albans (h), lost 1-0 to crawley (h), 2-0 to tamworth (h)and halifax (a) 2-0, we have drew 2-2 with FGR (h), rushden (h) 1-1 and cambridge 1-1 (a)

jonosmithuk

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 05:00:50 PM »

id imagine you will win, we only play well against the good sides who play football, and our home form has been terrible.

so far we have beaten dagenham 3-1 (a), gravesend 3-1 (a), grays 2-1 (h), and morecombe 1-0 (a), drew to oxford 0-0 (h) exeter 1-1 (a) and burton 1-1 (a)

but we have lost 3-1 to st albans (h), lost 1-0 to crawley (h), 2-0 to tamworth (h)and halifax (a) 2-0, we have drew 2-2 with FGR (h), rushden (h) 1-1 and cambridge 1-1 (a)

Our home form has let us down this season. Players seem to freeze. You should tell your lads to come at us. I've seen some shocking defending this season. However, probably like many of the bottom half sides, we are capable of turning it on in spells and I'm hoping we finally put in a 90-minute performance.

KHFC

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »

id imagine you will win, we only play well against the good sides who play football

Lol. You'll light the touchpaper saying things like that on here!  ;)

2-2 draw by the way.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 05:28:58 PM »

id imagine you will win, we only play well against the good sides who play football

Lol. You'll light the touchpaper saying things like that on here!  ;)

I think we've mellowed, it was only the whole Oxford kerfuffle that brought the worst out in us.

In all seriousness we do try and play football, but whether we are a good side is debateable. Away from home we can be tough to break down and of course we do put more men behind the ball, but within this framework we do actually try and knock it around a bit.

We don't have centre backs that are six foot five heading machines like Stafford and although we do have a tendency to knock it long a bit too often this certainly isn’t the way we try to play. After all when you're main goal threat comes up to the armpits of most centre backs in this league pumping it long is a bit of a thankless task!

To sum up: we do try and play football, but sometimes not all that well. And very occasionally we play as needs must.

Score - a draw.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »

You are a decent team IMO. Your showing at the Abbey proved that this season.

With a lot of our fans and many from ex-League clubs, you get a 'theyre part time, never been in the league so we should beat them no matter what' attitude which i actually think can sink through to the players, especially ours. We seem to turn up against the apparent 'lesser clubs' and play like T**ts, which i suspect is what the Kiddy fan actually meant.

Its probably better for you for people to think that about yourselves, gives you the edge.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 06:21:26 PM »

You are a decent team IMO. Your showing at the Abbey proved that this season.

With a lot of our fans and many from ex-League clubs, you get a 'theyre part time, never been in the league so we should beat them no matter what' attitude which i actually think can sink through to the players, especially ours. We seem to turn up against the apparent 'lesser clubs' and play like T**ts, which i suspect is what the Kiddy fan actually meant.

Its probably better for you for people to think that about yourselves, gives you the edge.

I think that kept us up last season, especially at Moss Lane which is not an easy place to come to....er that is til about February when everyone realised it and we didn't win at home for the rest of the season. Unfortunately, some clubs seemed to have picked up on that, Morecambe and to a lesser extent Burton came and did a real professional job on us (Woking were lucky)

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 09:04:30 PM »

2-1 to the ALTY. Little, and Thornley, to score, COME ON YOU REDS

Harriers9

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 10:43:14 PM »

I thought Little was out? According to your official site he is.

tonybrads

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 06:26:08 PM »

little out well thats a secret
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Predictions for Satdee