PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton Town match thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Luton Town match thread  (Read 121953 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Luton Town match thread
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2008, 11:03:35 PM »

0-0 home & away against mid table 2nd Div team (ignoring 30pt deduction) shows we could be dark horses for the Trophy (and the CSC)

Jenny

« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »

I was on the phone to my dad - much more effective way of staying in touch, with the added bonus of getting deafened in one ear every now and then. Bad luck alty! But there's always next year and I'd swap the FA cup for staying up in the league not by default any day!
keep up the good work lads!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2008, 11:04:34 PM »

Had a feeling it had gone when Warren missed the pen, oh well, lets concentrate on staying up, tough way to go out though.... :(

Jacko

« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »

had the feelin it had gone when col went off, any news on him? most important news that

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »

Had a feeling it had gone when Warren missed the pen, oh well, lets concentrate on staying up, tough way to go out though.... :(
Yep. I guess the penalty was a big turning point. If they'd been one down with 10 men and having to go for it rather than hang on for pens (assuming that's what they did) it might have been different.
Decent showing over two legs.  

Bath Alty

« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2008, 11:09:59 PM »

After Chris's finishing on Saturday I'd have rather they left him stood up and kept 11 on the pitch.  they didn't seem to create much at Luton and not much today from the sound of it.  One goal would have been enough I reckon.

Still, onwards and upwards

Dougals Dad

« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2008, 11:21:22 PM »

Attendance according to BBC 2,397 - better than I thought it would be. Credit to those who attended

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2008, 11:21:39 PM »

Lets home we get back to winning ways this weekend now
Harold

JT

« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »

im gutted  :( ......but im proud aswell
the 'if onlys' have started to creep in....
1) if only warren had blasted it down the middle (but i feel for him because it wasn't a bad penalty)
2) if only senior's goal in the first game had been given
3) if only we had a crowd that big each week!

nevermind onwards and upwards, well played alty

tpark2

« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2008, 11:30:18 PM »

the lads gave it their all and we did non league football proud. Does anyone know why Colin went off? Could have used him for the penalty... Hope Warren doesn't blame himself for the penalty miss he put in a great shift again. On a lighter note Youngy passed his uni exam.....

HeyAlty

« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2008, 11:39:13 PM »

I'm glad people are sympathetic toward Peyton because he put in a great shift tonight and agreeing with tpark2 it wasn't a bad penalty. Great performance to keep a league 2 team at bay for over 200 minutes. I though Mark McGregor and Dale Johnson especially stood out today. Also I would like to thank those true Alty fans who told the so-called fans to shut up when an Alty player was taking a penalty.

fuertes

« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »

Just got back. Feel sorry for Warren, although I don't agree that he played well if that's what is meant by 'great shift'. He did run his bollocks off though, could never criticise his work rate. I agree Dale played really well, although he wasn't awarded as many freekicks as he should have been. In fact, now I think of it, the referee was poor tonight in my opinion.

As for the ire that was stirred up by the singing of pro-Alty chants before our pens; I'll never understand that. Why do people get so angry about the crowd chanting Robbie Lawton's name before his pen!?

Proud of the lads though, had Senior not been professionally fouled we'd have won, and everyone gave their all for the cause. We'll just have to win the Trophy now!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »

Thanks for the Link.You would have thought they would test the lights a bit earlier
Stockport are 1 up i see

The lights were tested yesterday they were on working from 5pm tonight it was not the floodlights it was a main fuse.
The attendance was 2397 189 from Luton plus some in the stands.

Message to the two scum that sneaked in the away to attack the little kid then then run when out numbered by stewards into the streets don't bother coming back you will not be welcome
@AltyDaz

HeyAlty

« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2008, 11:59:40 PM »

Just got back. Feel sorry for Warren, although I don't agree that he played well if that's what is meant by 'great shift'. He did run his bollocks off though, could never criticise his work rate. I agree Dale played really well, although he wasn't awarded as many freekicks as he should have been. In fact, now I think of it, the referee was poor tonight in my opinion.

As for the ire that was stirred up by the singing of pro-Alty chants before our pens; I'll never understand that. Why do people get so angry about the crowd chanting Robbie Lawton's name before his pen!?

Proud of the lads though, had Senior not been professionally fouled we'd have won, and everyone gave their all for the cause. We'll just have to win the Trophy now!

It wasn't that mate it was the constant chanting of albino as they were about to take the penalty. I was chanting his name as he was walking up to take the penalty however, once he placed the ball I was quiet.

HeyAlty

« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2008, 12:01:55 AM »

Thanks for the Link.You would have thought they would test the lights a bit earlier
Stockport are 1 up i see

The lights were tested yesterday they were on working from 5pm tonight it was not the floodlights it was a main fuse.
The attendance was 2397 189 from Luton plus some in the stands.

Message to the two scum that sneaked in the away to attack the little kid then then run when out numbered by stewards into the streets don't bother coming back you will not be welcome

That is out of order I don't think the Luton crowd did anything to upset Alty however I doubt the scum who attacked that kid were Alty fans just a game a season people
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton Town match thread