PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Like a bet?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Like a bet?  (Read 9464 times)

fuertes

Re: Like a bet?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »

After hearing Redknapp really pushing that all he cares about is the league, I've gone for a fiver on Watford, City and Standard Liege tonight. £100 return if it comes in, although I'm readied for looking a complete fool compared to Jacko and Ballers  :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 11:18:30 PM »

After hearing Redknapp really pushing that all he cares about is the league, I've gone for a fiver on Watford, City and Standard Liege tonight. £100 return if it comes in, although I'm readied for looking a complete fool compared to Jacko and Ballers  :)

Actually, I think I will sign up for betfair after all.

Jacko

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »

Ok guys the fun starts tommorow with a small but solid £10 double Boudeux 1/2 and Napoli 8/13, nice to get a winning start also put pound on spurs bound cavenaghi 7/1 to get 1st goal for bordeux he's in hot form 8)

The main bet though is £20 treble  Colchester 8/11, St Johnstone 8/11, Leixoes 7/4 , £164.09 return 8) Aaah the joys of multi-national gambling ;D

Alex

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »

Jacko has inspirred me to take up betting on matches again (im not good at it but i dnt bet big so it's all a laugh). This weekend im looking at the following for a bet,

Hoffenheim 4/1
Midtjylland 8/11
Rapid Viena - Austria Viena 11/5 (draw)
Edinburgh City 11/2
St Mirren 3/1
Gainsborough 6/4
Alty 7/2 (gotta have a bet on the lads)
Roma 8/11
Valencia 5/1

just can't narrow it down for a treble, help please  :)

Jacko

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »

Have to admit hoffenheim are a fantastic team and are decent odds at 4/1 but there a bit gung hoe and unlike the rest of the league munich have the quality to punish them,

that would tee up and roma/ midjyland in a treble nicely though
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:03:28 PM by Jacko »

Alex

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »

i thank you and i shall put it on (then sit with everything crossed tommorrow watching the game on sh*tanta)

fuertes

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »

Who are Valencia playing to be 5/1?

Alex

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »

Barca - away

Jacko

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

hoffenheim have that lad Vedad up front who utd want, i reckon vidic will be giving him a call for fergie, you really have to look at there set up below its unbelieveble there now top!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_1899_Hoffenheim

Alex

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »

there just like Histon  ;)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »

If there's one thing I've learnt over my many years on-off love affair with the accountants of the turf, it's that you never bet on your own team. There are two main reaasons for this:
1. Judgement is clouded by emotion and expectation.
2. If the result goes against the team, you end up blaming yourself for their downfall (or maybe that's just those of us who can't shake off the catholic guilt).

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alex

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »

If there's one thing I've learnt over my many years on-off love affair with the accountants of the turf, it's that you never bet on your own team. There are two main reaasons for this:
2. If the result goes against the team, you end up blaming yourself for their downfall (or maybe that's just those of us who can't shake off the catholic guilt).

the only time i bet on alty was last season at home to weymouth and it was a rollercoaster of emotion, we scored, they scored, we scored, they scored then chris senior netted me a nice £95

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »

the only time i bet on alty was last season at home to weymouth and it was a rollercoaster of emotion, we scored, they scored, we scored, they scored then chris senior netted me a nice £95

No doubt about it, a rollercoaster even without the financial implications!

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »

I suggest that you plan to visit the confessional somewhere between Rocky's gaff & The Broadfield Stadium!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »

I suggest that you plan to visit the confessional somewhere between Rocky's gaff & The Broadfield Stadium!

LOL, I've been banned by the church and in any case should the result be unfavourable, I will take solace in laughing at the bigoted features of the gargoyle Evans. As my father used to say, "he's so bent, he couldn't lie straight in the bed".

Are you offering alternative absolution Mr Flynn? Bless me Flynny for I have sinned......

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Like a bet?