PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rushden match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Rushden match thread  (Read 18403 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Rushden match thread
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »

Luckily i managed to inform the referee how he spoilt a potentialy entertaining game just before they put there 3rd in. It was good timing really. I think in his own little make believe world he thought he had a good game and patted himself on the back.

Telling the ref he's spoiled an entertaining game isn't going to wash though is it because he wouldn't consider it his job to entertain. He'll have gone home thinking he was right and everyone else was wrong. What he needed was a confronting with the video afterwards so he could explain why one was a sending off and the other wasn't.

How did this compare with performance in Newcastle Blue Star game for anyone that was there?
You are right. The ref is there to administer the laws of the game and not to make a game entertaining. But he got 3 key decisions wrong. His performance yesterday puts a big question mark on the fast-tracking of referees. I don't believe anyone who has less the 5 years experience of open aged football should be refing at level 3 or above. But I have no problem about them being assisstant referees though at level 3 or above.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rushden match thread