PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rushden match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Rushden match thread  (Read 18582 times)

john timmons shiny head

Re: Rushden match thread
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2008, 05:22:44 PM »

I thought that Alty were having slightly the better of the game before the sending off and had definitely created the better chances.

The sending off was an exceptionally poor decision by an incompetent referee who I was told by the bloke next to me has already been demoted from this level. From the start of the game, asking players to pull up their skins so that they were not showing under the shirts and then wanting to check the ball it was obvious he wanted to be the centre of attention.

He then compounded the error by giving the lad who was fouled (I use that term in the loosest sense)just a yellow card when it was clear to all and sundry that he was out to get somone back  in retaliation.

After that we struggled and did not compete at all. Hopefully that was just a one off and a reaction to the decision.

I am just so annoyed that what could have been a very entertaining 2-2 or 3-2 sort of game ended up being ruined by the referee.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

just read the headlines on the main website sounds like the Ref was worse than we thought from the Radio coverage
Harold

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »

He was worse than a dose of clap
ParkINson's red and white army

WiganAlty

Re: Todays match thread
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »

Was shaping up to be a good,even,open game of football until the ref totally ruined it. 

And this idiot is the Referee Development Officer at the North Riding County FA and is a Football League assistant referee!! Clueless isn't the word for him - I wouldn't know who to ask for help for the teams playing under the North Riding County FA for which he has the responsibility for referee development.

One can only hope that the assessor at the game saw what a shambolic game his decisions resulted in.

And as for his girly whistle, I would be shoving that sideways up his ar$e if I didn't have to wait behind the queue of people waiting to do the same. Back to refereeing netball games for this jerk I think.

Rant over - at least we had half-time scores  ;)

brian1925

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2008, 11:26:54 PM »

If there was an assessor present today, that ref will not officiate at this level ever again. However, was anyone else disappointed ar how easily our heads went down when we were reduced to ten men? And please, no defence for Colin Little today - he was truly awful. Credit must go to Ralph, McGregor and Young again, who helped keep the score down. A game to forget...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2008, 12:02:01 AM »

Not so much a case of heads going down after the sending off, in fact I thought we rallied pretty well, but the goal was a sickener and the 2nd ended it as a contest.

Yes, I was a little disappointed but the wind had been taken out of my and the teams sails.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »

I've stayed off til now, but i'm still fuming.. I've never seen such a poor official as that. Even in the second half when I shouted to the ref (after another ambysmal decision) that he was fuc**n sh*t! he then laughed,I then realised that we had no chance of getting a decision. This ref seriously needs to take up knitting, sewing or a hobby that is in his own home other-wise he'll end up getting killed... Not that he'll ever officiate at a higher level than BSP

Rushden for the first 21 minutes looked average, we should have been one up.. Never a red card and if it was how on earth he wasn't consistent and send the No 32 off I don't know.

Let's put it down to the one that got away and hope it evens itself out later in the season!

brian1925

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2008, 12:11:50 AM »

Absolute waste of time as it smacks of sour grapes, but I've contacted the Conference about Mr. Joyce's performance today. Hopefully, if others were to do the same, we'd never see him again.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »

Think the club can complain over his decision to send of Densmore but other than that nothing can be done.I think the conferance will back the ref and the result will stand anyway.
Harold

seasonticket

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »

If you or I did our jobs that poorly, making that many mistakes we would be signing on next week.
What will happen to this incompetent?
Nothing. He will laugh it off and carry on collecting his match fees and probably spoiling many more peoples Saturday afternoons for which they have paid good money.
Many Alty fans were calling him a wa**er at the end. Sorry! that is much too complicated a process for someone that incompetent to manage succesfully.

bighairedmike

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »

As people have said, referee was dire. As stubmanred said about the referees reaction to the fans, when we won a corner after the sending off and the ref got a barrage of abuse from the gold road, he just stood there with his hands behind his back looking at the alty fans. Complete arrogance on his behalf and an absolute disgrace. I hope he never officiates again at any level.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »

Luckily i managed to inform the referee how he spoilt a potentialy entertaining game just before they put there 3rd in. It was good timing really. I think in his own little make believe world he thought he had a good game and patted himself on the back.
ParkINson's red and white army

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »

In short the ref was an utter disgrace and should go back to reffing Sunday Leauge, on second thoughts that would also be above his level of skill.

Maybe Junior under 11's?

Completley ruined the game
I reffed Blacon Youth 11's v Castrol U11's this afternoon. Blacon won 5-2. It wasn't a bad game apart from giving about 20 offsides. I couldn't believe both sides were playing an offside trap. There was no bookings. If yesterdays ref had reffed the game there would probably have been 4 red cards.
They really should be beating teams like us

Jezza

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2008, 04:14:28 AM »

he just stood there with his hands behind his back looking at the alty fans. Complete arrogance on his behalf and an absolute disgrace

You may have guessed but it is this that gets me as much as the poor decisions....we all make mistakes.

This is the metaphorical equivalent of me taking someone to the railway station instead of the airport and then waving pompusly in the face of my bemused passenger............and insisting they still pay the fare as well!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »

Luckily i managed to inform the referee how he spoilt a potentialy entertaining game just before they put there 3rd in. It was good timing really. I think in his own little make believe world he thought he had a good game and patted himself on the back.

Telling the ref he's spoiled an entertaining game isn't going to wash though is it because he wouldn't consider it his job to entertain. He'll have gone home thinking he was right and everyone else was wrong. What he needed was a confronting with the video afterwards so he could explain why one was a sending off and the other wasn't.

How did this compare with performance in Newcastle Blue Star game for anyone that was there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rushden match thread