PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Has anyone ever 'used' an Alty player?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Has anyone ever 'used' an Alty player?  (Read 7340 times)

radcliffe alty

« on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »

Looking at the reminder on the website that Pottsy runs a carpet business - good luck Pottsy by the way  ;) - got me thinking: has anyone ever 'used an alty player?'

So, has anyone ever had carpets supplied/fitted by Pottsy/Bandy? Had an annoying telesales calls at home from Stu (does he still work in telesales?), or had a cash offer for their house from CL (does he still buy and do up houses?).???

I would seriously consider using their wares if the opportunity came along. May need a new lounge carpet soon!

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Has anyone ever 'used' an Alty player?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 08:06:38 AM »

Chris Adams once brought my post. We had a little chat about his goal rush (two in a week).

markecky

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 08:27:52 AM »

Stuart Coburn works at a tool/ladder hire firm in Broadheath.

I was once served with a bacon butty from Mark Sertori in Ancoats.  I think he killed the pig with his bare hands.

daisy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 11:38:21 AM »

I was served by Nathan Comley Excel (probably spelt it wrong, he was at Alty before I started going regularly I think!) in the Gardeners Arms last Thursday.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 12:22:53 PM »

Marcus Hallowes arrived to sell his stationery at Football In the Community HO in Manchester and was rather shocked to see me "hot desking" there.  I did try very hard to persuade the buyers that his stationery was top class and as a former player, they should support him.

We had a good natter though  ;)

AA

Alty Rock God

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:49:29 PM »

I was served by Nathan Comley Excel (probably spelt it wrong, he was at Alty before I started going regularly I think!) in the Gardeners Arms last Thursday.

I 'used' Nathan Comley-Excel to get my tea when I was about 9 or 10.  We went to school together!  He lived near the Gardener's Arms then, so maybe he still lives at home?

altytinny10

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:35:49 PM »

Yep SIMON RUDGE ex alty midfielder is my postman.........were always chatting about the old times of the 90's  ;)

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 11:29:07 PM »

When i was working in Timperley a few years ago,  Marcus Hallows also came to sell us stationary, i actually persuaded my bosses to use his company with him being an alty player instead of the usual ushering the salesman out of the door as soon as possible routine. Sadly the saturday after this his career ending injury happened.

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »

Nathan Comily-Excel also used to serve me sausage and chips in Mc Donalds chippy in Timperley after scouts. The man seems to have really given back to the community in his own little way over the years!

markecky

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »

Just how many part time jobs had that lad had?

I think we should start another forum for where you have seen him working.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 10:39:45 AM »

Going Back a wee while JR rewired my parents shop and flat ably assisted by Kevin Hawkins whom I seem to recall kept getting sent under floorboards and into cupboards and small spaces.

JR also checked out the wiring on my house when I bought it

Stockportalty

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 11:24:28 AM »

Going back a long time, again, Phil Jackson (goalkeeper and employee of British Gas) knocked on the door at my parents house to read their meter and nearly fell off the step when I answered the door. I have to say I was a little bit shocked myself! :o
Then a few years ago Richard Landon worked for my next door neighbour and assisted with the fitting of at least one of our new PVC windows.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »

I met up with Dickie (back stage) after Stockport's great win over Wycombe in the FA Cup, he was talking to the Stockport Directors and I must've looked a bit star struck and said "Hiya Richard" in a probably overfriendly way for someone who clearly hadn't the faintest who I was.  I hastily told him I was an Alty fan and he wished us luck for our match (versus Burton!).  He's the kit man for County now and looked very smart in his!

I could actually see him from my seat throughout the game, he was extremely nervous, more agitated than Jim was, actually!

AA

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »

The work he did that caused me the most pleasure was that swivelled volley against Rushden and Diamonds, and the last minute equaliser at the Drill Field.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 06:11:28 PM »

He was Super sub!

AA
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team