PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burton Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Burton Match Thread  (Read 23978 times)

VofD

Re: Burton Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

Love to JD but some distance from SW London!

Considering a trip up to Bonnie Scotland later this year, may fly to Inverness and use as a base to explore The Highlands with a hire car. Any recommendations?

SW,
          Try" Glen Affric " near Inverness, and the "Black Isle" just over the bridge from Inverness.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »

Considering a trip up to Bonnie Scotland later this year, may fly to Inverness and use as a base to explore The Highlands with a hire car. Any recommendations?

SW, :-
          Try" Glen Affric " near Inverness, and the "Black Isle" just over the bridge from Inverness.

These relatively halcyonic days are truly producing a mellowing effect  on the Voice of Dissent :-*

I never thought that I would see the day when you were offering tourist information on this forum :o

Brrrriillliant :D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2009, 09:00:31 PM »

SW,

Thanks for the tip, I'll google it and also check out The Rough Guide..........in Waterstones........I have the Black Isle in my radar though. Spain for the last few years has become too too expensive now thanks to the Euro.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

These relatively halcyonic days are truly producing a mellowing effect  on the Voice of Dissent :-*

I never thought that I would see the day when you were offering tourist information on this forum :o

Mister Flynn,

VofD was present on the away terrace in Burton yesterday and even predicted the correct scoreline.

We are all still in a state of shock after seeing Joe O'Neill score a goal....

I hope that you stuck to your diet and resisted the temptation of the pre-match faggot and peas from the snack bar?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »

Mister Flynn,

VofD was present on the away terrace in Burton yesterday and even predicted the correct scoreline.

I hope that you stuck to your diet and resisted the temptation of the pre-match faggot and peas from the snack bar?

I have to admit to ordering them & being a bit gutted to find ot that they were sold out :'(

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2009, 03:27:28 PM »

Mister Flynn,

I have to admit to ordering them & being a bit gutted to find ot that they were sold out :'(

I bribed all the Burton snack bar workers to tell you that the faggots had sold out regardless of demand.

It was for your own good....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »

Mister Flynn,

I bribed all the Burton snack bar workers to tell you that the faggots had sold out regardless of demand.

It was for your own good....

God Bless you for that :-*

It was only a small portion though ::)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Burton Match Thread