News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yorks goal?

Author Topic: Yorks goal?  (Read 2560 times)

joe

Yorks goal?
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:54 AM »

It says on the official site that it was Mark McGregor who missed the header leading upto Yorks equaliser last night. Correct me if i'm wrong but was it not Jamie Smith? Also it says Dale Johnson chased the York defender down and crossed for the Alty goal but i'm sure it was Chris Denham?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Yorks goal?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »

correct about denham it also says joe hit post but in sure it was cleared off the line by defender

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »

Joe did hit the post and Mcgregor missed the header. Although the ball did bounce about 7 feet in the air.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »

It says on the official site that it was Mark McGregor who missed the header leading upto Yorks equaliser last night. Correct me if i'm wrong but was it not Jamie Smith? Also it says Dale Johnson chased the York defender down and crossed for the Alty goal but i'm sure it was Chris Denham?

joe,

Viewing from the main stand, I too thought that it was Smith who misjudged the bounce of the ball, thereby letting in Brodie for York's equaliser.

I think that it was Smith who also nearly scored an own goal at the Golf Road End with a dodgy backpass.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

joe

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:06:40 PM »

joe,

Viewing from the main stand, I too thought that it was Smith who misjudged the bounce of the ball, thereby letting in Brodie for York's equaliser.

I think that it was Smith who also nearly scored an own goal at the Golf Road End with a dodgy backpass.

It was definatly Smith with the dodgy backpass as i was stood in the Golf Rd end just behind it!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »

joe,

It was definatly Smith with the dodgy backpass as i was stood in the Golf Rd end just behind it!

smith is ok but i dont think we have seen best of him  yet remeber he was one of stockports better players only last season

joe

Yorks goal
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »

I'm in no way having a go at Smith or saying he isn't a decent player. I was just making an observation that i thought it was him rather than McGregor that missed the header.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

Smith is a decent player and I remarked on that to Ecky last night.

He then went on to have his shakiest 90 minutes of the season.  ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yorks goal?