PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Derby Day match thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Derby Day match thread  (Read 130519 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Derby Day match thread
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »

missed 3 ds espec densmore.Some of the kids drinking and being pretty nawty would really impressed danny dyer

crossie

« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »

Does anyone know why the police turned up? When I left the ground I counted around 10 police cars/Vans. It was hardly seens of fans rioting in the stands and throwing seats at each other. It gives the club a black name when locals see the cop shop surrounding the ground for a non-league game, people will subsequently develope the wrong impression of the club.

Just another point will Dale be fit for saturday, he definatly went off injured, he was only on for 5mins of the second half. I hope its not to serious.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »

It's a pity the cops weren't so quick to respond when the Stretford Squirrels were in town!
Come on Alty!

vic

« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

What was the away count last night i would guess at a very poor 180 - 200 which is 300 down on our usual alty support.
See you next year oh sorry forgot we won't.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #274 on: February 04, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

What was the away count last night i would guess at a very poor 180 - 200 which is 300 down on our usual alty support.

There's always the friendly v AFC Northwich!

vic

« Reply #275 on: February 04, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »

Hey JD I would take that but don't know about friendly.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »

Hey JD I would take that but don't know about friendly.
;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »

Official number through away turnstiles: 238
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »

Possibly the worst Alty performance I've seen. The replacements for the injured/suspended players just aren't good enough - in the 2nd half we played like we had 10 men. We desperately need Densmore, Little, Dale and Denham back ASAP.

With respect CB, that's a load of bollocks basically. Laney had quite a solid game last night as he has all season, Peyton did quite well shoring things up and quelled the growing threat from Vics left wing, Hadfield never took a backward step, James Smith performed adequately again and Joe O'Neill has also shown up well recently.

I think you forget that these guys aren't doing the main job. Last season some of them were the first names on the team sheet and now they are squad players which is the level we should/want to be at.

Butty

« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

Last nights was a pretty scratch team that played poorly but got three points.

Isn't it just great to be playing badly and winning? That's how leagues are won!  ;D

Exactly what I think, it shows signs that now we can play badly and not get a tonking off anybody.

Little CamVic

« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2009, 07:23:50 PM »

Possibly the worst Alty performance I've seen. The replacements for the injured/suspended players just aren't good enough - in the 2nd half we played like we had 10 men. We desperately need Densmore, Little, Dale and Denham back ASAP.

With respect CB, that's a load of bollocks basically. Laney had quite a solid game last night as he has all season, Peyton did quite well shoring things up and quelled the growing threat from Vics left wing, Hadfield never took a backward step, James Smith performed adequately again and Joe O'Neill has also shown up well recently.

I think you forget that these guys aren't doing the main job. Last season some of them were the first names on the team sheet and now they are squad players which is the level we should/want to be at.

Very literary Ballers!  ;D

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:24 AM »

Two points(or should it be 6 points). We have played in first gear in both games against the Vics and we have won both games. Second point. It was nice to see Chris Senior play for 90 minutes.
They really should be beating teams like us

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

So you think we played well? As soon as Dale went off our backs were against the wall (inexplicably), the passing was atrocious, the midfield non-existant, Peyton ran around like a headless chicken as usual, and the fact we had 2 of the league's smallest players up front didn't seem to stop the endless supply of hoofed up high balls which surprisingly they didn't get. I'm not a fan of Joe, but even I thought he should have been introduced earlier so that we would have someone who could at least try and hold the ball up. The only good point was the defending. Considering we were playing a team adrift at the bottom of the table, it was appalling. If we play like that against Eastbourne we're going to get pasted.

I think you forget that these guys aren't doing the main job

No, that's why I said I didn't think they were good enough and we needed the first teamers back ASAP.

VofD

« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »

So you think we played well? As soon as Dale went off our backs were against the wall (inexplicably), the passing was atrocious, the midfield non-existant, Peyton ran around like a headless chicken as usual, and the fact we had 2 of the league's smallest players up front didn't seem to stop the endless supply of hoofed up high balls which surprisingly they didn't get. I'm not a fan of Joe, but even I thought he should have been introduced earlier so that we would have someone who could at least try and hold the ball up. The only good point was the defending. Considering we were playing a team adrift at the bottom of the table, it was appalling. If we play like that against Eastbourne we're going to get pasted.
I think you forget that these guys aren't doing the main job

No, that's why I said I didn't think they were good enough and we needed the first teamers back ASAP.

Against the worst team in the league and leading 1-0, why the hell did we have to have every player back in the box defending corners and free kicks? >:( >:( >:(

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »

Sorry, I didn't make that completely clear. I don't think we played well to be honest and quite clearly yes we do need Densmore, Danylyk, Johnson and Little back. Obviously.

What I meant was that the players I mentioned are perfectly adequate replacements (as long as they're not starting every single week). I too would have had Joe on earlier. By that i do mean replacements. AS Ecky said, other wise they would be 1st choice.

Forget it...

VoD, as poor as Northwich were, they are very, very dangerous from set pieces. Altho I think the point has been discussed generally.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Derby Day match thread