PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More fun at Vics ...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More fun at Vics ...  (Read 6425 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
More fun at Vics ...
« on: February 12, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »

There's a rumour going round that there have been three bid for the ground and that one of the other two may be from ... Connett(!) which is why he is still there sticking it out and denying them access. They believe if he pulls off a deal he'd demolish the ground and would use the land for industrial use.

Rumours are rife, but I can't believe that this could happen - there again I don't see where Rushe could get 1.5M when he can't afford the wages.

Stranger and stranger!  ???
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

Re: More fun at Vics ...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »

Yep it does say that Conet was talking to deloitte touche about the legality of the football club's lease...it is also reported he is techncially still the owner (I think this is bull as having been wound up his company beaconnett was the former owner not the walrus personally and the creditors effectively owned the VS which is being held in trust for them by the administrator)

But why would DT even entertain the walrus and discuss the ground legalities with him?

More publicity needed to discredit the walrus is needed I think. If he does get the VS there should be an outcry...the guy should be banned from being a director by now why hasn't he?

DarrenH

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »

But by the duty of their role in the matter DT have to get the highest possible bid for the stadium. If that has something to do with Connett then so be it. I don't think they can accept a lower bid on moral grounds.
No doubt, as in any type of business, Connett has other business interest which could bid for the stadium.
Forgive me if I am wrong !!!

DarrenH

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »

Plus you also have to have in mind two schemes as follows :-

(1) Rushe is going to the banks to get money to buy a stadium for an ailing football club that is losing money. They intend to keep using the stadium and the banks would see it unlikely that they would get their money back

(2) Another party may be interested in buying it to knock it down and use as industrial land. This is probably more financially viable to the banks as the value of the land should increase and will yield higher returns under industrial use than as a football stadium.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »

Plus you also have to have in mind two schemes as follows :-

(1) Rushe is going to the banks to get money to buy a stadium for an ailing football club that is losing money. They intend to keep using the stadium and the banks would see it unlikely that they would get their money back

(2) Another party may be interested in buying it to knock it down and use as industrial land. This is probably more financially viable to the banks as the value of the land should increase and will yield higher returns under industrial use than as a football stadium.

Isn't there some sort of arrangement in place that whoever owns the ground has to accomodate the Vics?

Of course...
a) I may be wrong
b) that's presuming the Vics will still be in existence.

Whatever happens......what a mighty web of intreague/what a holy mess*

*delete as applicable

DarrenH

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »

From what I can understand on the Vics forum the lease states that they have to remain a tennant as long as they want to but Connett has seemingly challenged the validty of the lease.
It seems he is succeeding as he has kept them out of there for the last few weeks !!!

mikeford2005

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 05:29:07 PM »

Its all very confusing this lease issue, the way i read it is that it would be valid if Connet had sold directly to another person, but because the ground now has no owner it becomes invalid.
Sounds like the lease may have been rushed through when written up. Can anyone remember if this lease was part of the paperwork which they didn't complete in time and got them relegated last time?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 07:15:39 PM »

The other 2 bids were made by alty fans :P
Harold

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 09:33:51 PM »

I know little about corporate law but surely if your company goes into liquidation there is a period where you cant run another company.
Also if your company goes bust how can you personally keep the sort of money to buy a football stadium.
I found it strange that Crawley had 2 brothers owning the club, one was bankrupt and the other worth millions - yet involved in the same businesses.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »

I believe that Jim Rushe is 82.37% certain that the ground deal will go through :-\

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »

I believe that Jim Rushe is 82.37% certain that the ground deal will go through :-\

I think it will be the decimal point rather than the numbers themselves which will be moving over the next few days!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

matnvfcmad

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »

Thats a lie  ::)

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »

You can become a disqualified director if the courts deem it fit for the following :-

certain criminal activities connected with the Companies Acts Legislation
wrongful trading (such as trading while insolvent).
failure to comply with filing requirements under the companies act legislation
unfit conduct in insolvent companies.

Little CamVic

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »

I think it will be the decimal point rather than the numbers themselves which will be moving over the next few days!

You're talking rubbish!

Move the decimal point as much as you like; you'll never get that figure to equal zero.  ;) :)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 More fun at Vics ...