PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Weymouth Match Thread  (Read 18453 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Weymouth Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2009, 04:48:07 PM »

see eastborne are 1up at kettering
Harold

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »

Clean sheet,
Improved goal diff.
No bookings
No serious injuries (I hope)
Job done....
well done GH wiyh such a thin squad
5 of Bottom 6 all losing.. so far

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2009, 04:49:28 PM »

its a win i suppose,but we should be beating teams like this ROFL ;D
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »

Pretty good set of results so far, plus Elliott sent off for Grays and Kettering lose at home. If Carlsberg did Saturdays......
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

JT

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2009, 05:36:24 PM »

What a strange game!  After the first few goals went in, your starting to think 7 or 8?  But then it suddenly petered out, and fair play to the weymouth players, they battled well for the rest of the game.  At the end of the day, we have got the job done and the other results were nice so a good day i'd say!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »

Says on the main site our 3 subs all got knocks and young finished in some discomfort,this is a worry though or is GH going to bring in some cover on loan?
Harold

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

Says on the main site our 3 subs all got knocks and young finished in some discomfort,this is a worry though or is GH going to bring in some cover on loan?

if they arent fit next week we will be struggling to put out 11 fit players i reckon

brian1925

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »

A good day at the office I suppose, though I never want to see a game which is literally men versus boys ever again - distinctly unpleasant. What I will say is that we approached the game thoroughly professionally and did what had to be done with a stand out performance from Dale yet again. Don't think Robbie and Greg were too badly hurt, so fingers crossed there. I presume the Weymouth player who lives in Blackburn was the number 5 at right back - simply awesome. The passion and committment the Muff players showed and their acknowledgment towards their 20 or so fans was pretty heartening, I really hope the club sorts things out some time soon. Also good to hear FGR were thumped, which bides well for next week and possibly three points which will go a long way towards keeping us up.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »

Good result today .. yeah we did take our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half but a job well done.. I spoke to their manager in the bar before the game and he didnt think they would get many, of any  points for the rest of the season.

I reckon 3 more points should do it for us now.. 

sh*t attendance again but I suppose the game at OT would have something to do with that.

I too hope Weymouth sort out their finances and manage to survive.. I thought the Weymouth players kept going and were a credit to their club..

Well done Alty on a professional job well done... Bring on FG next week...

stevio

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2009, 08:40:41 PM »

I can only reiterate what has already been said, in that it was a thoroughly professional performance. Men against Boys, to the point of being uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. I can't see where Weymouth's next point will come from, never mind win. You have to feel for their fans, who have played no part in their club's demise. I think it will be a long time, if ever, when we next play Weymouth FC. Also a touch disappointed with the crowd today. As mentioned previously, though, it doesn't help when United play Liverpool on the same day...i mean, couldn't they have arranged it for a sunday or something?!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:45 AM »

Hmmm.

Graham Heathcote didn't look too pleased by some of our play, particularly in the second half, so I'd be surprised if he regarded that as being a "thoroughly professional performance" to be honest.

We started well enough but lost our way in the second half and, considering the substandard quality of the opposition, four goals was probably a disappointing return, especially as their keeper effectively threw two of them into his own net.

Credit to the Weymouth players for their spirit but I'm struggling to think of a poorer side to have visited Moss Lane at this level of football over the last thirty years (and I thought that Stafford were incredibly dismal last season!).

Relegation for Weymouth looks inevitable, even if they don't opt to go into administration soon.

Results elsewhere were generally favourable and, as George Heslop sagely commented after today's match, Lewes are now guaranteed to finish below us! 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:06:24 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

stevio

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »

Hmmm.

Graham Heathcote didn't look too pleased by some of our play, particularly in the second half, so I'd be surprised if he regarded that as being a "thoroughly professional performance" to be honest.

Graham Heathcote, it would seem, is a distinctly difficult man to please. He was moaning at 1-0, he was still moaning at 2-0, etc...however, at 3-0 up after 12 minute's it must be difficult for the players NOT to take their foot off the pedal somewhat, even with GH and GB (to a lesser extent), whinging by their technical area). From where i was sat in the Carole Nash Stand, GH was basically asking the player's to play a long-ball game, by whacking  it to the goalmouth and then hoping for the best. The player's were doing perfectly well without the constant haranguing coming from GH and GB. If anything, i think the Managerial duo contributed to the loss of impetus and concentration. I felt sorry for Robbie Lawton, as he, as Captain, is always GH's first port of call when it comes to his over the top reaction. Anyway, another 3 points on the board. Here's to FGR next Saturday.

Jenga

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2009, 07:47:47 AM »

Got disagree on the performance.

I thought we were terrible. Long ball over top didnt work again and had muff had a decent keeper we would struggled.

Got to a agree with GH I too was dissapointed with performance.

The three points however is what we needed,

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »

Where did theis Dale Johnson long throw suddenley come from. Seeing all the damage that Lewis Chalmers' and Ryan Shotton's long throws have caused in past seasons why haven't we be using this all year?

markecky

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »

Where did theis Dale Johnson long throw suddenley come from. Seeing all the damage that Lewis Chalmers' and Ryan Shotton's long throws have caused in past seasons why haven't we be using this all year?
Good point, we have been taking sh*te throwins all seasons and then we pull this out of the bag!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Weymouth Match Thread