https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Today  (Read 9665 times)

andyc

Today
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:52:30 PM »

Not much to say but what a load of crap. We seem to lack any threat upfront and are afraid to have a shot.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:20:13 PM »

Could,nt agree more, o for a goal,

Alty Rock God

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »

Bushell was a disgrace today, in my opinion.  Not only did he give away nearly every pass he made, but he ended up resorting to calling members of the crowd 'f*cking old c*nt' and similar because they were giving him a bit of abuse for not playing well.  Not the actions of an Alty player, and certainly not the captain.  Give the armband back to Lawton.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »

if that is the case then the management should know and action taken.

No player should disrespect the supporters, they pay the wages!!

I agree that Bush in my opinion had a poor game.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:29:28 PM »

Everyone had a bad or very average game.The only person who gets away from criticism is Coburn,and thats only due to him having to make one save in the whole game with Tamworths poor finishing.Defence looked shaky with the changes made,the midfield didn't have the bite that it should have,and Colins touch deserted him today.Easily the worst performance this season.

Positives though are that we are still in the draw after playing so badly,while the replay postpones Tamworths game with Northwich,allowing us to overtake Northwich Boxing Day (where no doubt there will be a much better performance,as will Tuesday i hope)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 09:33:25 PM by Nasha »
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 12:48:50 AM »

Do you now what... dont get me wrong here  i love the Alty and all we have achieved... but that was pure sunday league today just awful.. i only saw the 2nd half.. both teams were woeful end of
Come on you red and white........

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 02:07:52 AM »

Bushell was a disgrace today, in my opinion.  Not only did he give away nearly every pass he made, but he ended up resorting to calling members of the crowd 'f*cking old c*nt' and similar because they were giving him a bit of abuse for not playing well.  Not the actions of an Alty player, and certainly not the captain.  Give the armband back to Lawton.

Although he shouldn't have reacted in the way he did there are a number of factors to consider; Bushell was obviously frustrated with the way he was playing and the team as a whole, and this obviously came out in his outburst.

We also must remember that as supporters although we do have a right to be critical, I doubt that the abuse he was receiving was simply constructive criticism! (Could you tell us what was actually said?) If Bushell was being abused by the crowd then I fail to see how those that were the subject of the retort can be that upset, if you are prepared to dish it out then to an extent you have to be prepared to take it. Being a 'customer' does not give you free reign to shout obscenities at those whose wages you pay.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 06:08:26 AM »

Not there today living where I do but results are clearly slipping lately. I have to agree with Jimmy mind, as I'm sure all at Alty play for the shirt not for anything else. We all have bad days so let's live with it. GH knows the score and I'm sure the lads will be aware of what is needed .
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty Rock God

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »

(Could you tell us what was actually said?)

I was stood next to the guy on the end of Bushell's outbursts and, although famous for being quite vocal, it was comments such as "No, you're going the wrong way" and "You've given it away again" that caused Bushell to react.  Sure he was frustrated with the performance (who wouldn't be!) but I don't think the abuse he was getting from this person justified his response.  If the captain can't control himself, what chance has he of picking up the team when they get slack?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 12:44:18 PM »

Frustration or not e should'nt take it out on the supporters.

He has not been that good since his layoff?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 12:51:14 PM »

I was stood next to the guy on the end of Bushell's outbursts and, although famous for being quite vocal, it was comments such as "No, you're going the wrong way" and "You've given it away again" that caused Bushell to react.  Sure he was frustrated with the performance (who wouldn't be!) but I don't think the abuse he was getting from this person justified his response.  If the captain can't control himself, what chance has he of picking up the team when they get slack?

I agree he shouldn't have said what he said. However supporters should also take responsibility for their actions and the consequences they will have.

If we are both thinking of the same person I would be quite surprised if his criticisms were as mild as the ones you describe (considering what he comes out with even when we are playing well!). However you were there and I wasn't.

babybrads

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 12:59:47 PM »

ye the game was shockingly Sh!t but i was more shocked to see us boo even tho it was so booring and so un exciting we neva boo

hope theres a different atmosphere at there place

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 01:55:39 PM »

the bloke called bushell a cnut first so bush responded with the same

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »

Sorry to fall out over this but i was stood next to the target of Bushell's outburst having just reminded him to mind his language as there were young Children about.

At no point did he call Bush that, in fact his comments were very much as stated earlier, you're going the wrong way we're playing in red today.. that sort of thing.

Bush was out of order, we've had better players who've not reacted like that, we've had worse players, who got more grief (Jason Gallagher being one of our friends favourite targets in the past) and they've not reacted like that. And I can well remember the furore which followed when an opposition player gave some of our  fans a mouthful.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »

Sorry to fall out over this but i was stood next to the target of Bushell's outburst having just reminded him to mind his language as there were young Children about.

At no point did he call Bush that, in fact his comments were very much as stated earlier, you're going the wrong way we're playing in red today.. that sort of thing.

Bush was out of order, we've had better players who've not reacted like that, we've had worse players, who got more grief (Jason Gallagher being one of our friends favourite targets in the past) and they've not reacted like that. And I can well remember the furore which followed when an opposition player gave some of our  fans a mouthful.

Hang on, if you had to tell him to mind his language then he must have been saying something a little stronger than has been described in this thread.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today