News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 justin bowler

Author Topic: justin bowler  (Read 3652 times)

kidlad

justin bowler
« on: December 16, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

i know that he is under contract but what use is he to the club. lf he is paid five pounds a week then it is probably too much. He spent 17 minutes on the pitch today and touched the ball twice. There was more effort made in running away from the ball than in attacking it. There was a nice line in gloves though. Bowler was ineffective as was Thomson. He possibly touched the ball less than Bowler and looked as though he was running through treacle. As fit as me and I am in my fifties!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: justin bowler
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 11:03:53 PM »

I know some people have a view that Bowler hides a bit on the pitch (undecided, altho I think he's better on the right than the left) but I think it's unfair to point fingers at his performance today. We play with a stunning lack of width and even when we keep the ball we never get it out wide quick enough. Lewis and Robbie tuck in and it's always a belated ball to Scotty or Warren when it comes.

Bowler was sent on as an out and out winger to hug the touchline, which he did, twice in his first 5 mins there was the opportunity to get the ball out wide and it took an eternity, in fact it never came and the ball was played inside for Bush and Colin to mess about with, or pumped long for Col to win a flick on for Thompson  ???

I'd lay off JB todya, I think there will be plenty of opportunity to have a go but to single him out above todays collective dross (both sides minus Stuart Coburn and to a lesser extent Warren Payton) is too harsh.

moousee

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 11:08:05 PM »

agree about Justin, too much cornering himself, and looked as though he would rather be in the stands. He did look good in the pre seasons though, so maybe he will hit a patch of form
. With regards to Peter, I would surely give him much more of a chance than he has had so far. When he came on today, he looked eager, and he gives us a head to pick out up front. I know its an ongoing argument about oneil, but I really think that we need someone with strength up front. I hear tell that he can blast a shot as well, which is also needed. We are far too lightweight up front.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 09:25:51 AM »

It is difficult to take a view on the subs as the rest of the team was poor. Although the subs had no impact on the game.

We play to down the middle and long diagonal balls to nowhere.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:38:01 AM »

Justin came on for about 15 minutes and gets slated when the rest of the team were an absolute disgrace. To single out him is bizarre ???

Daycare Dan

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »

Justin came on for about 15 minutes and gets slated when the rest of the team were an absolute disgrace. To single out him is bizarre ???

I think Justin has been singled out more than once for his performaces. Mainly because people are expecting more from him. I know I have had a go, but I think what we all need to remember is that he's only a young lad so is still learning the game.

Let's start him tomorrow and pass to him, then we can hopefully see what he can do!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »

Fair comment on the last two post's, lets get behind him and the team!

Come on Alty!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 justin bowler