News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Competition At Moss Lane?

Author Topic: New Competition At Moss Lane?  (Read 3378 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 17, 2006, 05:55:36 PM »

Instead of the old 'Golden Goal' competition, could we not now introduce a new game at Moss Lane called 'The Golden Bowler'?

Once Justin Bowler comes on as a substitute, spectators could then pay to nominate how many minutes he is on the pitch before another Alty player actually passes the ball to him and also guess whereabouts on the Golf Road Stand roof his first cross will land.   
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Competition At Moss Lane?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »

that would be more fun, i never get close with the golden goal!

Harsh on Justin, he has had little chance, why we do not pass to him is strange?

Or perhaps the other players have seen him in training?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:27:38 PM »

Once Justin Bowler comes on as a substitute, spectators could then pay to nominate how many minutes he is on the pitch before another Alty player actually passes the ball to him and also guess whereabouts on the Golf Road Stand roof his first cross will land.   

I don't think I've seen him make a cross (there's a vampire joke if you want), but yes nobody does to him (reminds me of Blake Norton)
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »

Is he that good??

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 07:20:21 PM »

To date, including a number of reserve games, I have seen very little from Bowler that shows he's worth a first team place. I wonder why he does not get passed to, other players knowing he's not up to it, or they don't get on?

I'd like to see him given a few more starts, if he can't make it then I really hope to God he's only on a one year contact!

teasybeaver

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »

Really don't understand how people can judge someone who has hardly played?

I could name countless players who took a long time to establish themselves at Alty. He needs a good run of games and possession before he should really be judged as harshly as he has been. Obviously if he is still garbage after that then fair enough.

I don't understand why we're getting on people's backs right now. Fans were happy just to be in the conference last season now they expect us to tonk anyone who comes within a mile of moss lane. It'll come with time, Heathcote always gets it right in the end. Nows the time to consolidate as fans.

Although having said all of that i wasn't at the game yesterday, so what the f**k am i on about. I will be driving to the replay though if anyone needs a lift!

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »

Ah a return to the good old days and perhaps a spot of adapted plaguarism from the cult?

I am referring of course to the Golden Gallagher in which you had to guess what minute Jason ran out of steam and was subbed/came on as sub.

We could also have;
a golden Dalton where we take a sweepstake random bunch of letters and the one who has the letters which most closely resemble Dalton's first shout wins.
Or a Golden 'Cote in which we draw the minute that the official makes his point costing error that causes graham to lose his rag*.
Or a Golden Dennis for the minute dennis loses it utterly *.
Or a golden goalscorer in which we draw player names for the player other than Colin little to score.
Or a golden talbs in which we draw the year Talbs retires (tickets could be numbered 2007-2097 so we can still sell 90 tickets)**.

*may be difficult to medically prove.
** In the event of Talbs playing past 2097 it doesn't matter coz the ticket holders will all be deceased even if Talbs is still carrying the flame of eternal youth.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team