PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Only 13 fit players tonight!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Only 13 fit players tonight!!  (Read 33130 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Only 13 fit players tonight!!
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

Mix sex football has an age restriction of under 11,s - this is not a "medevil" rule and the FA made it, not me. And its there for obvious reasons that should not be bent just to be pc or for tokenism. I certainly do not have any objection to Women's teams in Football or in any sport for that matter.

The rule concerning mixed football doesn't really have any relevance to the issue of refereeing. It's about physical strength and size, above a certain (very low) minimum these factors aren't really relevant for refereeing.

On thinking of last night's match, one of the main problems that ref had was that in my opinion Ebbsfleet players took advantage, pushed their luck (and got away withit) and wasted an enourmous amount of time - way beyond the 4 mins she added on. In effect she did not have control of officiating so the game was a fair contest.

I've seen plenty of (male) officials that don't have control of players, this is just because they're not very good at refereeing.

I'm not sure how we can go from the premise that Amy Raynor is not a very good referee (which I agree with) to the conclusion that Amy Raynor is not a very good referee because she's a woman.

Absolutely right Mr Hill.

What I'm asking is if there are, in an individuals mind, valid reasons why women should not be involved in Mens Football in an official capacity and as yet I'm yet to see any reasoned and structured arguments which specifically identify a valid reason.

The reason for this is not actually the Referee supporting of which i am normally accused although I will of course plead guilty to this if charged, nor the support of womens football (another guilty plea in all honesty but not my prime driver in this). Actually I've got involved in Referee development and interested in recruitment and particularly retention so any sensible and structured criticism or rationale behind the comments/observations of the average footy fan might well be useful in trying to suss out why so many Referees are being lost to the game and how this trend can be arrested and the prejudices of players managers and supporters against officials, male or female, can be reversed.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2009, 06:39:16 PM »

She was a spineless little whore to be fair.  ;D
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2009, 06:48:34 PM »

I think it might help matters if the conference could at least provide her with some of their better quality linesman though. The one on the main stand side was worse than useless, he was so, so bad. I felt sorry for her at one point.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »

I think it might help matters if the conference could at least provide her with some of their better quality linesman though. The one on the main stand side was worse than useless, he was so, so bad. I felt sorry for her at one point.

He was right wee sh*tehawk.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »

What I'm asking is if there are, in an individuals mind, valid reasons why women should not be involved in Mens Football in an official capacity

They're distracting for the players.  ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »

What I'm asking is if there are, in an individuals mind, valid reasons why women should not be involved in Mens Football in an official capacity

They're distracting for the players.  ;)

So much for sensible and structured criticism and/or rationale  :'( :'( :'(

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »

It was a joke mate.

markecky

« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »

Women referees seem to spend most of the games I have seen them in trying to prove they are not scared and will not be bullied.  They do this by dishing out lectures and cards at every opportunity and trying too hard.

There are some things women should not due, or even want to do.  Referrring is one of them.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »

So if some of these supporters had their way. Amy Rayner wouldn't ref men's games. ATS and myself couldn't ref women's games because we are male, or we couldn't ref youth games because we are not youths. We would have less stewards at the ground, less supporters( meaning less money for the club). Do some supporters don't want Daisy to watch Alty because she is a woman? That attitude sucks.
            There are some good female refs refing in local football. We have a couple of good female stewards who more likely to diffuse an aggressive situation, because most normal blokes don't hit women. If there were no women at the football match. I wouldn't turn up.
They really should be beating teams like us

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »

Women referees seem to spend most of the games I have seen them in trying to prove they are not scared and will not be bullied.  They do this by dishing out lectures and cards at every opportunity and trying too hard.

There are some things women should not due, or even want to do.  Referrring is one of them.
Don't some male refs do that?
They really should be beating teams like us

markecky

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »

On the first day of ref training do you have to cut yourself and swear that you will never ever ever ever ever criticise another ref?

Obviously women on the terraces are fine and in many other roles at clubs.

OOOOOOoooooooo you can't say that.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2009, 12:11:04 AM »

Sorry Ecky you've let yourself down this this post.

Have any of you considered that the ref being put under pressure at Ebbsfleet as reported earlier in the debate was at least 50% the fault of the Ebbsfleet players lack of discipline rather than being 100% down to Amy's weakness?

I find it amusing that both on here and also on the official site folk go on about the officials being pressured by our opposition

Here's a quote from a previous thread

the pressurising of the officials today was done by Jim Harvey, he completely undermined the 4th officials authority by refusing to stay in his technical area. He should have been sent to the stands. The player feigning injury so that Lawless (?) could change his boots as well as the pathetic play acting summarised some of the negative aspects of fgrs performance today. i don't htink they need to do that.

I don't agree at all with harassment of officials but I do think it's a bit rich, if not demonstrative of naivete, that we keep bringing it up as an excuse.

There are undoubtedly ways of 'influencing' officials of whatever gender.

Two points occur here.

1) Why are we not as good at 'managing' officials as everybody else is (according to correspondents both here and on the main site)?

2) Was Ms Rayner actually any more influenced by the opposition than a number of other officials (allegedly) that we've had this season?

I have HONESTLY been trying to get honest views to help to improve officials and the game but sadly, with very few exceptions, Official baiting is far to popular a sport and when it is also profoundly misogynist it is even more so

markecky

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »

Sorry to duck out of this but I've got some teeth to pull.

Its my view that on the three occasions I have seen Amy Rayner she has tried to show a "I may be a girl but i still have cards you know and I am not scared of you Mr angry centre half, WATCH THIS..HA"

I too get embarassed at times when we blame refs for stuff that is nothing to do with them to hide our own shortcomings.

I haven't let anyone down, I have expressed what I see.

Your referee solidarity is commendable but surely a little one sided.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »

If I wanted to pay £13 to watch some rough,flat chested piece, run around a bit, I could go to totties,its nearer than northfleet.

Alex

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2009, 12:40:57 PM »

On the first day of ref training do you have to cut yourself and swear that you will never ever ever ever ever criticise another ref?

:D :D :D :D goodwin for you sir ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Only 13 fit players tonight!!