Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Patronising Report of the Year" award goes to......

Author Topic: "Patronising Report of the Year" award goes to......  (Read 3455 times)

Alex

« on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:53 AM »

Ebbsfleet for this effort from www.gravesendreporter.co.uk

"Thank the Lord for teams like Altrincham. You know, the sort of side that even if camped in your half for 45 minutes will no more score a goal than the man on the moon. Not because they're short on talent (well, they are, but that's another discussion) but because, like Crawley, their record against the Fleet is just so abysmal. [It only is "abysmal" if you conveniently forget that Altrincham regularly tonked Gravesend a.k.a. Ebbsfleet when the teams first met in the Alliance, when Alty won the title twice - which is twice more than the Fleet have - though they did win the Isthmian League once. Oh, and Ebbsfleet also lost at Moss Lane this season, didn't they? And I believe they failed to score and weren't camped in our half for more than five minutes in the entire 90]. With four consecutive defeats at Stonebridge Road now, Alty should be afforded the red-carpet treatment every time they travel south with our three points...

Expected as it was, it was still a shock to see the Fleet becoming so entrenched in the relegation zone and is a wake-up call to anybody such as myself who thought our games in hand were a satisfactory cushion. The generosity of Altrincham has eased the immediate situation, putting us within touching distance of the likes of Weymouth, who will surely struggle for many more points, while putting the necessary daylight between ourselves and Grays and Woking.

Back to the Fleet though and the news that the five grand for winning the Setanta Shield game at Crawley will be withheld following the discovery that our team didn't quite resemble that expected under the rules of the competition. Fair enough, I suppose. They are the rules after all. But, given the farce surrounding even getting the game played and the fact that our quarter-final kicked off two weeks after the final was supposed to have taken place, should allow for some mitigating circumstances given the Fleet's cup exploits, fixture backlog and injuries...

Given the Fleet's less-than-convincing away record (you have to go back to November and our good friends from Crawley to find the last time we won any points on the road), home games against Northwich and Lewes must net us maximum points. Then, anything we scrape together away from home is a bonus".

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "Patronising Report of the Year" award goes to......
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »

"Thank the Lord for teams like Altrincham. You know, the sort of side that even if camped in your half for 45 minutes will no more score a goal than the man on the moon. Not because they're short on talent (well, they are, but that's another discussion) ...

It might not be a bad idea to have these lines read out to the Alty players before future away games down south, for that little bit of extra incentive / motivation.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »

Looks like I will have to send them a snotty email just like I did to that ungracious bastard Evans , manager of Crawley last week..

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »

I first read this post before 9: Three hours later and I am still lost for words

(Apart from these ones!)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »

I can only assume their reporter was one of the retards singing anti-Alty songs before kick off instead of getting behind their own team.

Horrible club!
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team