PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewes Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Lewes Match Thread  (Read 35311 times)

markecky

Re: Lewes Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2009, 05:49:12 PM »

Apparently Welch came over at the end and gave some fans some sh*t for not clapping the players off.

Sums up the attitude problems of some of this team perhaps. Bottlers!

Thats bollocks

He came over to clap the fans and they told him not to bother and some went a little OTT due to frustration...words were exchanged.

There will be enough crap on here tonight without this

Nonleaguer

« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »

Having seen most matches this season home and away I'm sure that Danylyk will be deeply disappointed with his red card. The Oxfod sending off was ridiculous but I cannot comment on today as I was not at the match in Lewes. Both himself and Densmore play with passion and commitment and a will to win. Unfortunately the long ball hoof approach we so often adopt leaves these midfielders left woefully under utilised and hence they are so often bypassed and we play into the opposition hands.

It's also interesting to note(as raised in an earlier post) that when Danylyk was so swiftyly substituted versus FGR the score was 2-2 the game ended at 2-5! Similarly when he came off versus Torquay the game was level end result lost 0-1.

For me let's play through the midfield and let the ball players do the talking on the pitch rather than bypass them week in week out with the Exocet approach.

VofD

« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »

Having seen most matches this season home and away I'm sure that Danylyk will be deeply disappointed with his red card. The Oxfod sending off was ridiculous but I cannot comment on today as I was not at the match in Lewes. Both himself and Densmore play with passion and commitment and a will to win. Unfortunately the long ball hoof approach we so often adopt leaves these midfielders left woefully under utilised and hence they are so often bypassed and we play into the opposition hands.

It's also interesting to note(as raised in an earlier post) that when Danylyk was so swiftyly substituted versus FGR the score was 2-2 the game ended at 2-5! Similarly when he came off versus Torquay the game was level end result lost 0-1.

For me let's play through the midfield and let the ball players do the talking on the pitch rather than bypass them week in week out with the Exocet approach.

Surely, those tactics are down to the manager. >:( >:( >:(

andrewflynn

« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »

one word, inexcusable.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2009, 06:19:42 PM »

[quoteThats bollocks

He came over to clap the fans and they told him not to bother and some went a little OTT due to frustration...words were exchanged.

There will be enough crap on here tonight without this][/quote]

Just advising what I was told by a very frustrated fan at the game.

markecky

« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »

[quoteThats bollocks

There will be enough crap on here tonight without this]

Just advising what I was told by a very frustrated fan at the game.
[/quote]

Then would you mind double checking it because the two people I have spoken to say that he came over to clap...during the tme when some fans were venting their anger.  it seemed at him as he was nearest and he reacted.

Then if you are wrong would you mind editing the post please...

joe

Lewes match thread
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

I've spoken to three people who were at the match today and all have said what Ecky has posted.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »

Well he has reacted then quite clearly, whether rightly or wrongly. Its how different people - in frustration - see whatever happened I suppose.

Don't want to make a big thing about it, lets leave it as it is. I'm sure others who were there will give their version of events if they see fit. For the sake of forum harmony I shall remove the post, although its hardly libellous.

After the inevitable post mortem of today, it all has to be put behind us and all efforts - from players and fans alike - has to go into the next few games, the immediate two especially. I'm sure they got another deserved bollocking from GH. Just hope it has the desired effect. I think it did after FGR - Crawley was a better effort - and the same is needed Tuesday.  

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »

To be fair supporters that have paid a lot of money to get down there surely have a right to speak their mind. I think the players and the manager should remember that sometimes.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »

After seeing the performance at Grays I warned that playing like that we would not beat Eastbourne, Grays or even Lewes. A response on this forum was "Why wont we beat Lewes?"
We turned out a similar performance today yet people are surprised at the result. We were awful particularly in the first half and overall did not deserve to win.
We had chances but did not take them and their keeper pulled off a couple of good saves, and we dominated the match.
I thought the Ref was quite good today though we should have had two second half penalties and the corner that the Refs Assistant gave from which they scored the second goal was a goalkick ( I was at that end at the time). Danylyk's second yellow was a silly automatic reaction in a position where there was no threat.

The performance today was woeful and fans are entitled not to clap at the end if they deem it to be appropriate. Clapping that type of performance could be viewed as sarcasm. The incident with Welchy at the end appeared to be one particular fan that was hurling abuse. It got to a situation that our own fans were having a go at each other, which we could do without, but it was also at the heat of the moment. We actually had a good following today.

We are still in the relegation equation like it or not. I was recently criticised on this forum for referring to what happened last time we actually went down. Some of us are old enough to remember what has happend in the past and dont like things haunting us or history repeating itself.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »

We were absolutely woeful today, a la Stevenage in September, no excuses. Fair play to Lewes their fans gave it the big one at the end but so would I after 18 straight defeats. While it was 0-0 both O'Neill and Little really should have scored, after that it was appalling. The first goal we really should have dealt with and when the second went in I doubt there was an Alty fan in the ground who thought we'd do anything other than get beat. A big concern was the 2 Graham's just standing arms folded there whilst the game went on, no Plan B it seemed from the touchline and no inspiration, I know our team virtually picks itself at the mo but Lewes were not a good side and we didn't offer anywhere near enough.

The incident with Welch at the end was when the whole team (other than Stu who has been with us 10 years and understands like no other player how we all feel at times like this) walked off without applauding us, and the players on this occasion were right in detecting the mood on the terraces so wisely walked off. Welch applauded the fans (a large number of whom didn't bother to reciprocate, arms folded) but almost tried to stare us out and dare us to applaud him back, people weren't interested and there was bit of verbals, he gave some back and then walked back to the dressing room. I think Welch will be a fine player for us but he has to realise at times like this that the fans aren't mugs and our support has to be earned, today it wasn't. Danalyk's red card was the height of stupidity and his head down, straight down the tunnel acknowledged this.

We still have enough to get out of this but today does not bode well at all.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »

We were absolutely woeful today, a la Stevenage in September, no excuses. Fair play to Lewes their fans gave it the big one at the end but so would I after 18 straight defeats. While it was 0-0 both O'Neill and Little really should have scored, after that it was appalling. The first goal we really should have dealt with and when the second went in I doubt there was an Alty fan in the ground who thought we'd do anything other than get beat. A big concern was the 2 Graham's just standing arms folded there whilst the game went on, no Plan B it seemed from the touchline and no inspiration, I know our team virtually picks itself at the mo but Lewes were not a good side and we didn't offer anywhere near enough.

The incident with Welch at the end was when the whole team (other than Stu who has been with us 10 years and understands like no other player how we all feel at times like this) walked off without applauding us, and the players on this occasion were right in detecting the mood on the terraces so wisely walked off. Welch applauded the fans (a large number of whom didn't bother to reciprocate, arms folded) but almost tried to stare us out and dare us to applaud him back, people weren't interested and there was bit of verbals, he gave some back and then walked back to the dressing room. I think Welch will be a fine player for us but he has to realise at times like this that the fans aren't mugs and our support has to be earned, today it wasn't. Danalyk's red card was the height of stupidity and his head down, straight down the tunnel acknowledged this.

We still have enough to get out of this but today does not bode well at all.

In a nutshell.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »

Exactly, and spot on. Just home and about to post my beer fuelledtirade but done perfectly.

Three points is all I wanted, today I thought they'd come. Now I wonder if we'll get another one.

SORT IT OUT
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »

It's extremely depressing that Lewes have contrived to concede 81 league goals this season and we have only managed to contribute one goal to that shameful tally.

Since the encouraging performance at Burton Albion, we really seem to have gone backwards.

Worrying.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

springfield

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2009, 01:13:33 AM »

Can i please say it is probably my fault for welchy coming over at the end of the game to the fans ,i have always instilled in to him win lose or draw at the end of any game he has to ackn,he reallyowledge that fans have paid good hard earned money to watch their beloved team,he would have been very dissapointed at the result and would have only responded in frustration if someone had given him abuse,what a difference a week makes highs and lows,he really is enjoying his time with Altrincham and hopefully he will be with you next year.
also if any one is interested in his goals they are on his website    michael-welch.co.uk     
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewes Match Thread