PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewes Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Lewes Match Thread  (Read 35524 times)

springfield

Re: Lewes Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2009, 01:15:59 AM »

it should have read acknowledge,the guinness is flowing sorry

Alex

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »

was at lewes today, the performance and aftermatch handbags have been sumed up perfectly, lewes fans seemed a nicer bunch than those that visited ML. nice ground too had a certain character about it.

in my opinion what ruinied our season (no matter where we finish) was the enforced lay off over christmas just as we were gaining momentum after a win against Vics and a come from behind victory away to york (then we didn't play for 3 weeks and things began to stutter from there) - in my opinion

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2009, 11:46:24 AM »

Mr Duke you could be correct and the amount of injuries we have suffered on a limited budget.

Come on Alty

markecky

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »

Can i please say it is probably my fault for welchy coming over at the end of the game to the fans ,i have always instilled in to him win lose or draw at the end of any game he has to ackn,he reallyowledge that fans have paid good hard earned money to watch their beloved team,he would have been very dissapointed at the result and would have only responded in frustration if someone had given him abuse,what a difference a week makes highs and lows,he really is enjoying his time with Altrincham and hopefully he will be with you next year.
also if any one is interested in his goals they are on his website    michael-welch.co.uk     

I'm guessing your his Dad.  I couldn't go yesterday but I bet on reflection people can now see what Welchy was trying to do.  As Sarf London Alty says, Welchy was unfortunate enough to try and clap the fans and bore the brunt of it.  The other players decided that probably would not be the best idea.

One thing about Alty fans though.  Most of them are pretty fair, its never a case of we lost so we don't clap.  We all stayed and clapped at Ebbsfleet on Tues after the defeat because we did OK.

However they are not mugs....and it cost a lot of people a lot of money yesterday to see that.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2009, 09:20:50 PM »

was at lewes today, the performance and aftermatch handbags have been sumed up perfectly, lewes fans seemed a nicer bunch than those that visited ML. nice ground too had a certain character about it.
in my opinion what ruinied our season (no matter where we finish) was the enforced lay off over christmas just as we were gaining momentum after a win against Vics and a come from behind victory away to york (then we didn't play for 3 weeks and things began to stutter from there) - in my opinion

I must admit, I really liked The Dripping Pan.....as you say it had a certain character & feel to it.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »

Lewes is a lovely town, good pubs, great beer, and The Dripping Pan is a unique venue. We may never return but a good day out despite the result and abject performance. Nice people, how many other grounds in this league can we stand side by side with the opposition.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »

Lewes is a lovely town, good pubs, great beer, and The Dripping Pan is a unique venue. We may never return but a good day out despite the result and abject performance. Nice people, how many other grounds in this league can we stand side by side with the opposition.

I couldn't begrudge them having a bit of banter after the season they've had but I don't think I could've stood next to them for much longer!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2009, 10:24:24 AM »

I think fair enough for their fans after the season they've had.

A glorious sunny day, a fantastic location, some nice pubs and some good company. All in all, it was worth the flight over, but if it had been for the football alone it would have been a disaster. Only one word can sum up that display "inept" (ranks as one of the worst displays I've seen in over thirty years). We made a very poor side look half-decent and if we play like that in our next games we will see no more points accrued this season. The incident with Welch at the end was just a break-down in communications on both sides and should be forgotten about. Sarf London Alty summed the whole thing up very well.

This has to be put down to one of those days so long as we learn from it. I still have the hope we can get some more points on the board. It's hope that keeps you going as a supporter. So on Tuesday night, I'll be sat chewing nails and pulling hair out (what's left of it) whilst I wait for updates and if I were still in the area (or even country), I'd be there.

COME ON ALTY.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Stockportalty

« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »

Wasn't there on Saturday so can't comment on specifics, we have been here many times before though. Feelings of anger and frustration running high on and off the field at the end of the match, everyone wanting to have their say.We cannot change the result, we just have to reflect on what went wrong and each do our best to make it better next time. We are running on the bare minimum available players at the moment, so there is a lot of pressure on everyone not to let themselves and the club down. Let's get behind the team tomorrow night, without letting our emotions get the better of us.
Come on You Reds
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewes Match Thread