PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry Graham, but thats poor
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sorry Graham, but thats poor  (Read 8465 times)

Jacko

Alty Cup Atmosphere
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

I was sat near graham on saturday and i know he never looks the happiest in the stands but he did seem somewhat subdued by the lack of atmosphere,i personally think we cant hope for good crowds untill we start trying to real in new fans which im not sure we have the resourses to acheive yet,i suspect though he would claim in none league its quality not quantity, things would have been differant if the fans werent freezing

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Sorry Graham, but thats poor
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 05:39:37 PM »

So if enough people turn up and make a noise, then the team will perform?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 06:52:44 PM »

We would be in a playoff place now if points were awarded for quality of support, but I have to say we aren’t as loud as last season where games against Accy, Aldershot Exeter etc.. were top atmospheres. Thats mainly because of the quality (in terms of excitment)  of games we are seeing this season and that the honeymoon is over, it all seems more serious and a struggle making it a frustrating for both the players and fans. 

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Cup Atmosphere
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

I was sat near graham on saturday and i know he never looks the happiest in the stands but he did seem somewhat subdued by the lack of atmosphere,i personally think we cant hope for good crowds untill we start trying to real in new fans which im not sure we have the resourses to acheive yet,i suspect though he would claim in none league its quality not quantity, things would have been differant if the fans werent freezing

To be fair, our league attendances are up and the initiatives tried this season have been working to get those extra fans in. The lack of atmosphere was because it was fecking freezing and most importantly we played like a sunday league side. We're in a slump in form and people are starting to get pissed off. If he was subdued by the lack of atmosphere, he should pay his tenner and come and stand with the rest of us and see the game from our point of view.

I think GH is very lucky that many fans are so loyal (to both him and the team). Despite our current form, a lot of fans have stuck up for him and continue to get behind the team. To then turn around and have a moan at us...

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 12:18:25 PM »

What makes Alty different is that the fans have historically spurred the team on and inspired them to unbelievable feats.

When York City made it 3-3 did we hold our heads in our hands and await defeat?
NO! we sang "we'll only score again"...imagine the psychological effect on both sides.

When we went 1-0 to Birmingham were the 2,000 Alty fans silent and despondant? no we spurred Ronnie Mike and co to believe.

In recent years despite a higher level of competition from our opposition, perhaps a lowering of our standard of play by comparison the fans have continued to spur the team on.....remember Weymouth? all that way on a wet cold day...imagine the spur that gave the players as they came out on the pitch and the Alty fans have always stayed bouyant in the face of defeat.

I'm sure this will continue as we are always firm in the belief that the Alty can spring a surprise goal from anywhere.

Keep the faith....I'm sure Graham was simply as frustrated as the fans..the differecne is after a match he is interviewed and his comments published.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »

What makes Alty different is that the fans have historically spurred the team on and inspired them to unbelievable feats.

When York City made it 3-3 did we hold our heads in our hands and await defeat?
NO! we sang "we'll only score again"...imagine the psychological effect on both sides.

When we went 1-0 to Birmingham were the 2,000 Alty fans silent and despondant? no we spurred Ronnie Mike and co to believe.

In recent years despite a higher level of competition from our opposition, perhaps a lowering of our standard of play by comparison the fans have continued to spur the team on.....remember Weymouth? all that way on a wet cold day...imagine the spur that gave the players as they came out on the pitch and the Alty fans have always stayed bouyant in the face of defeat.

I'm sure this will continue as we are always firm in the belief that the Alty can spring a surprise goal from anywhere.

Keep the faith....I'm sure Graham was simply as frustrated as the fans..the differecne is after a match he is interviewed and his comments published.

Good point and well made.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry Graham, but thats poor