PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread and commentary link
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Tonights match thread and commentary link  (Read 30589 times)

Silver Fox

Re: Tonights match thread and commentary link
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »

just got back from game, second half was a vast improvement and we deserved at least a point. Does anyone agree that we played much better when Joe came on for Warren Peyton?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »

I'd have to say that the substitution which made the most difference was when Rod Thornley came on.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »

I'd have to say that the substitution which made the most difference was when Rod Thornley came on.

Agreed.

The sparse crowd was buzzing at this point.

Young, Welch, Densmore, Wilkinson, Smith and Johnson must've thought Pele was coming on or something!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2009, 12:29:56 AM »

Mixed emotions, to be honest.

Relieved to emerge with a point after gifting Eastbourne a two goal lead.

However, after watching a game running well over 100 minutes at Moss Lane, I thought that they were a team we were well capable of defeating if we had defended with more conviction in the first half and not let them establish a lead.

Quite a small team compared to many sides that visit Moss Lane.

Thankfully, other results were quite favourable, especially Vics beating Woking.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2009, 08:51:40 AM »

Great second half (or should I say Hour) after a somewhat uninspired first 45 mins.. I have said time and time again that Little should stay up field when the opposition has a corner.. He was marking fresh air last night when he went back and due to the there being no out ball for the defenders Eastbourne got there second goal..

Altys tactics for a opposition corner in the second half was exactly the same.. When do you think the penny will drop with the management  (Hope you read this GH) that having 11 players inside your own penalty area at corners is just asking for trouble........ Rocket Science it is not.........

We also  seem to play it on the ground more when Oneil came on..

Disappointing crowd though... I find it hard to believe that all the "stay aways" were just because the posers of the champs league were playing...

Good comeback after being 2 - 0 down more of the second half display against Kiddy on Sat would be good

Cmon Alty...

fuertes

« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2009, 09:34:54 AM »

Crowd of 605, more or less what I'd have expected. If we say that perhaps about 50/75 people will watch Alty IF United aren't at home, another couple of hundred will watch United if they're on telly, it was Tuesday meaning some people can't travel to the game, plus Eastbourne (understandably) brought next to nothing. All factors accounting for being about 400 down on our average.

Has to be said though, the atmosphere second half was good, in large part down to Rodders' introduction.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »

Eastbourne brought more than nothing. There was about 30 of them milling about which is a good effort, credit where it's due.

Their keeper Lee Hook has had two fine games against us now.

I always think we should have got Val in last night!

Lew Needham

« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »

Crowd of 605, more or less what I'd have expected. If we say that perhaps about 50/75 people will watch Alty IF United aren't at home, another couple of hundred will watch United if they're on telly, it was Tuesday meaning some people can't travel to the game, plus Eastbourne (understandably) brought next to nothing. All factors accounting for being about 400 down on our average.

Has to be said though, the atmosphere second half was good, in large part down to Rodders' introduction.

I thoroughly enjoyed the second half last night! Don't get me wrong this is not a pro conference north post or anything of the sort!

It just reminded me a bit of the Unibond days and the Conference North days where the ground was full of the die hards who have been with this club all the way through the last 15 years (Unibond, Conf North, relegation etc)!! It seemed fitting with Rod coming on, the reception from the fans to Rod and from Rod to the fans was touching!!

In bigger games it annoys me being sorrounded by people who don't really give a sh*t but the club needs the revenue i guess!!

Bring on Saturday!!

Number 23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »

Well last night was my first home game in ( I think) at least twenty years.
I have to say the old place hasn't changed too much.

I arrived a bit late and they scored their first just as I was coming though the turnstile!
I though we put them under a lot of pressure without really managing to get the ball down and play through them and it was a lot better than Saturday at Lewes.
I was a bit surprised that Young got Man of the Match. He was strong in the air (against a much shorter opponent) and commited as ever but I though James Smith was our best defender and distributed well from the back, Densmore showed some quality in midfield and scored an excellent free kick and Little was unlucky not to score more than one.

On Saturday I thought we could have played until Sunday and not scored. Last night I though we were unlucky not to win.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »

How loud was the roar when Rod came on?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread and commentary link