PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pottsy and the winger situation
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pottsy and the winger situation  (Read 7791 times)

Jacobs

« on: December 18, 2006, 01:04:53 PM »

Over the past week peopel have made a lot about the winger situation at present. Peopel are questioning the release of Pottsy and the lack of wingers within the squad, In regards to Pottsy, although he is a great footballer he is blatently not fit and is definetly not trying to get fit. I have watched in a few reserve games and he was half arsed walking around making no attempt to even move half speed (a jog so to release him was a great idea. now although we actually have no winger in the squad at present i think he will be looking but as you have seen there not easy to find as we know.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pottsy and the winger situation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 01:07:59 PM »

Agree totally, it is a frightening trend not to have a winger.

There's only really man U utilising them, but it does make things more exciting and create opportunities

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »

Over the past week peopel have made a lot about the winger situation at present. Peopel are questioning the release of Pottsy and the lack of wingers within the squad, In regards to Pottsy, although he is a great footballer he is blatently not fit and is definetly not trying to get fit. I have watched in a few reserve games and he was half arsed walking around making no attempt to even move half speed (a jog so to release him was a great idea. now although we actually have no winger in the squad at present i think he will be looking but as you have seen there not easy to find as we know.

Completely agree that it was time for Pottsy to go. When he came on against... Burton(?) he was terrible, couldn't run, passing was poor and again looked completely disinterested.

Whilst in an ideal world 2 wingers would be great, I'd settle just for 2 (or even just 1!) out and out wide midfield player (not necessarily a winger). For too long we've had to play with 2 central midfielders playing out of position wide and had to rely on the fullbacks for any crosses/width :)

Where these players are going to come from I have no idea  :)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »

I agree, Pottsy was a good player in Conf North, but it's quite clear he does not have the fitness to play at this level.

I also saw him in some reserve games, and thought Pottsy should have been ripping some of those defenses apart, instead he did very little.

If we don't have a winger now I really think we need to be playing Lawton in the middle and driving forward, otherwise I can't see how we are going to create any chances (as Sat)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »

I think Altys problems at the moment go deeper than Colin Potts leaving.  Seems to me that the team look a little short of ideas or dare I say it a little stale.    Heathcotes comments on Saturdays match saying "....there was no buzz about the place" confused me as well.  On occasions the team needs to get the crowd going not the other way round and that includes the management to produce some buzz!

COME ON  ALTY

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 01:35:50 PM »

Dan, you like Robbie don't you? Have you started a fan club yet?? ;)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:40:12 PM »

Dan, you like Robbie don't you? Have you started a fan club yet?? ;)

Yes, I think he's a cracking player. I just would like to see him back in the middle again it's great to see a player run at defenses with the ball as he does.

Fan club, nar don't think so, Alex stated a Pottsy fan club 2 weeks ago, look what happened there!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 01:42:55 PM »

His runs are good, but he is a bit heads down,

Reminds me of myself :D :D :D

Only Robbie is slightly younger! ;D ;D ;D

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 01:50:59 PM »

Robbie was having a fit on Saturday with all the poor passing. Everytime a ball was played through to him and went out, he kept yelling "It's f**king gone out AGAIN!!!!!!" I know you shouldn't laugh as we were playing so bad, but it was funny to see someone totally lose the plot everytime a ball whizzed over his head and go out  :D

Jacobs

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 01:53:16 PM »

I understand the situation with wingers, and agree we should play lawton in the middle but wingers are harder to find, we have only had a handful over the last ten years, coco, ellisson who was actually a centre forward,and murphy for half a season, what we really lack in midfield is invention and thats what i am worried about.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 10:30:34 PM »

as i see things, were supposed to have a better team than last year  ??? ???.
have we?? were lower than last season, and dont look like scoring goals.

i dont think you liked pottsy from last year, he was by far the most creative player we had, and at the moment, we could really do the width
like he could offer, and could create a chance from nowhere.

the performance against tamworth was truly awul, i amongst quite a few, would have rather watched macc town than that so-called footy game. we need width, we are playing far too defensive, last season we would have stayed up on merit. this season looks very different.the players need a kick up their arse. too many guys are not playing well. can we have a decent defence when craney is sold pls????

Alty FC Idol

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 10:38:26 PM »

"i amongst quite a few, would have rather watched macc town than that so-called footy game"

erm.... why??? 

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 11:06:28 PM »

Compared to last season we have scored more goals, and let the same amount in!!!

We are in a lower league position because generally other teams have improved, things are much tighter this year. We have one more point than last year at this stage I think.

If we are in this position in mid March, then we should start to be worried.

My wife actually stated that watching the U12 girls was more entertaining and had more skill. Based on saturday I would agree.

We need to forget Saturday, we are still in and hopefully we can pull off a win!!

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 05:10:09 AM »

I think people are losing their grips on reality here.

1) Pottsy had a hernia op and has clearly never got over this...bear in mind he is a carpet fitter first as that will feed him and his family for the next 30 years.....when he has come on this season he has tried and has returned huffing and puffing to the half way line and really struggling for breath...Pottsy has tried like hell to get fit..sad fact is without a pre season he cannot conjure up fitness out of thin air particularly at this level and particularly when you are not a natural athlete (!).

2) IF we get £75k from Craney I am assuming it will go on the last of the debts that the car park developement money would have gone on (we haven't had any of that money yet remember) so lets no-one start asking "Where's the money gone" before we've even got it...we have all been reminded enough times of Alty's debt situation.

Graham is going to have to contue conjuring players on a limited budget.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 09:15:41 AM »

as i see things, were supposed to have a better team than last year  ??? ???.
have we??

Yes, I think we have, and we also have more depth to the squad, apart from at the back where we really need a left back.Okay we appear unable to score goals without Little, and if he has a bad game we look out of ideas.

If anyone expected and easy ride to mid table safety this season then I'd like to know how; we are a part time team in a full time league, every game should feel like and FA Cup tie against a Football league side.

Yes we had a bad game on Sat, Tamworth were no better which made for a terrible game, but lets put that behind us now, we have the replay tonight and the Slime on Tuesday, lets GET BEHIND THE TEAM and aim for two wins!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team