News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 28 Legends on the coach so far...

Author Topic: 28 Legends on the coach so far...  (Read 2193 times)

markecky

« on: December 19, 2006, 02:00:23 PM »

Come and join us..call the club on 928 1045

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Not on the coach but...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »

I will be motoring up from the South East for this evening's clash. I know that there's a good deal of angst in the air at the moment but after all I don't get too many chances to see the mighty red army. 

This is my first trophy game since the Gainsborough replay (when I was praying for a goal to avoid extra time as I was working oin Nottingham, and up stepped Val in stoppage time).

I like the trophy as 1) we occasionally get drawn away to teams in the south (less important now we're in the Conference National)
2) A successful run means more league games arranged for midweek and therefore more opportunities to see Alty in action.

This from a man who travellled from Bristol to Crewe to watch us lose 4-0 in the CSC last season - knowing full well we'd have a second string XI on display and it was the CSC after all!

Who cares that we're not playing well?  Who cares that it's 'only' the Trophy?  Remember 9 conference teams have already gone out, and either way it will be 10 after tonight.  I'm hoping for a run!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team