PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty cinema?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty cinema?  (Read 7189 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Alty cinema?
« on: December 21, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

is it open yet?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty cinema?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 10:57:32 AM »

Yep!

Certainly is.

We went on the first night it opened and watched The Prestige - quite a bizarre film with Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Michael Caine being, well - Michael Caine but in Edwardian costume.

I think there are six screens, don't know how many seats to each one but the one we went to was 'cosy' to say the least

ATS

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:51:24 AM »

should be great for alty,and with the ice rink on its way too i can sense its got to be good time for any investors sensing a sleeping giant, we've got a decent catchment area as sales a rugby town so u never know

Redmeister

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 01:43:51 PM »

It's ok. I went on Tuesday, will be going there now instead of the TC one.

Rocky VI out on Jan 19th , get in

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 01:49:25 PM »

Rocky VI out on Jan 19th , get in

See you there redmeister!!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Alty cinema
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »

Not really for this forum, but it's a bit quiet...............so the cinema

They should have built a full size cinema instead of a half size version with two large restaurants and yet another block of council flats next door ! The foyer is not big enough and there aren't enough ticket aisles, therefore it takes too long to queue for a ticket, if your eyesight is good enough to be able to read what time the film starts.
Oh and it's much dearer than Parrs Wood and they don't do 'orange wdnesdays' (half price tickets)
Although I am sure it will be a success, it's a poor effort and could be so much better.

Ice rink is only temporary (so we are told). The 'real' one is gonna be built later ! I know a hockey fan who bought their season ticket on the strength of the rink opening in September. I have bet them they will not see a home game this season

Yours, glad that AFC is run by competent people
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 03:50:05 PM »

the ice rink being built has a 15 year life span, and during those 15 years the car park next door will be built into a venue housing a larger icerink, bowling yada yada yada... but the basics are that the rink will, once built be a perminant fixtureeither there or next door ensuring top class sport in our town, that is a good thing.

having the cinema there is great, the pull for the cinema will only be a small area with numbers which will dwindle after the innitial hunnymoon period is over, so i think, personally the size is perfect,

also its all in the same area allbeit slightly further out but mabe the councill may think tht they should give mosslane a face lift to bring it into line with the way the area is regenerating itself.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »

do you think the ice rink will be used for other events such as concerts?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »

and where is the extreme sport center going?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »

Extreme sport centre is going in the same building as the ice rink. Probably the sort of thing that goes in the plan to get the planning consent then quietly gets dropped when its built.

One problem for the cinema is that the total fitness car park opposite shuts at 10.30.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »

it has its own underground car park actually,

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »

as ive just had confirmed by her indoors. aparrently its not very big tho. whats nice about it is that its within walking distance for us although it was pouring the night we went.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 10:35:36 AM »

as ive just had confirmed by her indoors. aparrently its not very big tho. whats nice about it is that its within walking distance for us although it was pouring the night we went.

Size isn't everything!!!!!!!!

I look forward to getting back down to Alty to watcg a match & have a look at the regeneration. Haven't seen the town since not long after the Tesco opened.

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:34 AM »

We really should be proud of alty, you only need to look at sale town centre to understand that!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »

Size isn't everything!!!!!!!!

I look forward to getting back down to Alty to watcg a match & have a look at the regeneration. Haven't seen the town since not long after the Tesco opened.

It now looks just like Barcelona.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty cinema?