PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 oxford show their class again
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: oxford show their class again  (Read 6172 times)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »

Oxford boss Chris Wilder is desperate for United to win promotion, labelling the Conference a "poxy league".

United would have secured a play-off place this season had they not been docked five points in January for fielding an unregistered player.

"Boy, do I want to get out of this league," Wilder told BBC Oxford after his side lost 2-1 to Northwich.

"We need to take it out of people's hands by producing a winning team and get out of this poxy league."

Sunday's home defeat - watched by over 10,000 fans - was a disappointing end to the season for the U's.

But Wilder is determined that next term will be a successful one for the former top-flight club, who were relegated from the League in 2006.

He said: "I think everyone at this football club wants to get out of this league and never come back."

also includes a pitch invasion and assault on a vics player    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8002700.stm
with 100 oxford waiting for the vics fans outside

not nice

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: oxford show their class again
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:26:26 PM »

If you want my opinion they should be severely punished for the pitch invasion and subsequent attack on the Vics player.

Maybe a hefty fine and play some games behind closed doors?

Absolutely disgraceful!
Come on Alty!

Froz

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »

Hopefully they will get out of this league, scum bag fans!!!

joe

Oxford show
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 02:37:36 PM »

Non league football doesn't need the type of fans associated with Oxford Utd. I too hope they go up next season so we don't have to feel intimidated at their three sided ground for seasons on end.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:40:27 PM »

I had a good read about this on the Vics forum last night.

Their defender got smacked with the corner flag during the invasion.

Maybe worse than that though is the baying mob waiting outside for them, like we had only bigger.

Northwich fans may be scruffy and a bit unwashed but they like us they don't have any hooligans and this must have been very frightening for families.

Its classless from Oxford...really sad.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »

Sounds like the Oxford manager feels he is too good to manage in the BSP.. I hate these creatures that come into the BSP and think they are too good .. My suggestion to him would be, If you dont like it then piss off. We wont miss you one bit....

Froz

Re: Oxford show
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »

Non league football doesn't need the type of fans associated with Oxford Utd. I too hope they go up next season so we don't have to feel intimidated at their three sided ground for seasons on end.

hopefully they will get relegated, oh a long shot but that would be ever so sweet

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »

Certainly if they were high profile and the game was televised for the nation to see they would be slaughtered for that. I'd like to see the BSP committee/FA enforce a heavy fine and possibly a suspended points deduction for that.

Compare to Cambridge yesterday who suffered possibly more disappointment, we ended up drinking and laughing with their fans in the pub afterwards and I didn't see a hint of trouble or aggression outside.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »

I would hate to see them promoted. The longer they remain in the BSP, the less chance they'll have of getting out. They deserve to drop down the pyramid, not move further up it.

They should be severely dealt with by the authorities, but that won't happen. " We don't want to upset the big boys now do we?"

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »

I would prefer to see them relegated.

Altyroo

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »

If chris wilder thinks the conference is a poxy league then maybe the suits at the agm cup final should deduct 10 points for the pitch invasion, 10 points for fans attacking a vics player and 15 points for disrespecting the league. Then oxford will be out of the so called poxy league. Only problem with that is Woking would then stay up.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »

Maybe Chris Wilder ought to direct his frustration at the "poxy" club secretary who didn't do their job properly.

Professionalism means more than training every day.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 04:53:19 PM »

So poxy that they are not good enough to get out of the league, what a poxy league this is hehehehe.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »

They put on their site that they are going to have an investigation so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again. That's what they said after they ambushed us a couple of years ago and guess what?........it's happened again. Our visit to Cambridge yesterday was the most pleasant of the season. Their fans were welcoming and friendly. Good luck to Cambridge in the play offs and long may Oxford stay in this 'Poxy division'.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »

They put on their site that they are going to have an investigation so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again. That's what they said after they ambushed us a couple of years ago and guess what?........it's happened again. Our visit to Cambridge yesterday was the most pleasant of the season. Their fans were welcoming and friendly. Good luck to Cambridge in the play offs and long may Oxford stay in this 'Poxy division'.

Also on the BBC 606 forum they are rolling out the same old excuses.

"not the proper Oxford fans doing it"

"the idiots come out for the big games.."

When they played us it was a big game?? Thanks Poxford some respect at last?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team